How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Guest benichou

Guys,

i found a way to root our deer San Diego!

i just edited the script from Binary from XDA forum. so thanks him ^^

and it is working, but we need the x86 version of busybox.

so if someone find it, please post it:

to root your san diego, you need:

ICS

Intel android driver

your phone with debug usb on (Parameters->about->advanced parameters-> tick the first line :))

to download this archive https://www.box.com/s/1g1ouz0i904buoryr67w

and run the RunMe.bat,

your devices should reboot twice, and then you have root and the superuser application!

enjoy :)

PS: because we dont have the right version of busybox, some applications will not run, like LBE privacy guard

sorry for the linux user, i did not edit the script, i think you just need to change in the do_copy function, to remove the /data/tmp/busybox before mount -o .:-> i edited the file and updated the archvie, but i have not test it

Edited by benichou

Guest Gibson.1

What are the actual benefits of root? I've only ever seen benefits with regard to custom ROMs? And wont we back to the drawing board when jellybean is released?

The recovery is signed so big problems in that department, or is it bootloader signed....rickywyatt knows better in that area ?

Edited by Guest

Guest razzmataz1478

I knew Bin4ry's method would work with the right tools! The exploit is just too new. Happy days for you San Diego owners :)

And very well spotted Benichou!!!

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

@jiko

The recovery needs signed packages (obviously) and the bootloader is locked (so you can't fastboot anything). Basically you still have the bootloader to crack, which is somewhat unrelated to root.

Edited by razzmataz1478

A WORD OF WARNING!!!

Anyone who has rooted or is thinking about it, remember, we do not have clockworkmod!

Obviously you have root so you want to do a little housework, freeze some apps, block some adds, etc, but please do not uninstall any system apps, if you do and something goes wrong, you are screwed.

Trust me from experience, first time I rooted, I uninstalled some system apps and ended up with a brick, if I had CWM it would be no worry, but we don't...so remember that guys, those of you who are new to this, obviously you vets know what your doing :D

Guest ayziaa
A WORD OF WARNING!!!

Anyone who has rooted or is thinking about it, remember, we do not have clockworkmod!

Obviously you have root so you want to do a little housework, freeze some apps, block some adds, etc, but please do not uninstall any system apps, if you do and something goes wrong, you are screwed.

Trust me from experience, first time I rooted, I uninstalled some system apps and ended up with a brick, if I had CWM it would be no worry, but we don't...so remember that guys, those of you who are new to this, obviously you vets know what your doing :D

Wouldn't be possible to reflash via recovery with an update.zip?

Wouldn't be possible to reflash via recovery with an update.zip?

Depends on how bricked it is, sometimes there is nothing!

Oh....I rebooted and root has gone ???

Please don't say we have to reroot every reboot lol

edit: no still there, by having auto allow root, it shows unrooted, but keeping root prompt on root is there.....ok test this busybox.....

Edited by Guest

No before I tried, Obviously because we needed right busybox.

But yes it looks good to me, I can freeze apps now and add blocker is working whereas before it could not mount file system. :D

Anything you would like me to try to confirm ?

Strange but es says I have no root but addfree, rom toolbox and root checker says I do.

Edited by Guest

Just thought.. did you make sure to replace Superuser with the x86 version?

Superuser-3.2-x86-signed.zip

Good thinking flibblesan :)

edit: es still cannot get root, oh well, I can use my fav now, xplore.

@rickywyatt, I hope you do too, you done a lot of work here, so you deserve to get the fruits.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Replace Superuser.apk and su with the files from the zip I linked to and make sure you replace busybox with the file I uploaded. Run the root tool again and it should push the x86 files to the device and root again. Reboot the phone and open an app that requires root permissions and Superuser should pop up with it's dialog box.

I think the root checkers are looking for the su binary on the device but not actually checking if it works. The original root tool would had been pushing the arm binaries which won't work at all.