How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Will any permissions managers work on this phone? Apart from that I don't know what other benefits there are to root

I know one thing, droid wall does not work as your kernel must support IP tables, I think permissions apps should be ok, not tried really.

Guest Aquib4shaikh

Guys,

i found a way to root our deer San Diego!

i just edited the script from Binary from XDA forum. so thanks him ^^

and it is working, but we need the x86 version of busybox.

so if someone find it, please post it:

to root your san diego, you need:

ICS

Intel android driver

your phone with debug usb on (Parameters->about->advanced parameters-> tick the first line )

to download this archive https://www.box.com/...o6x3i82t3z4xzqo

and run the RunMe.bat,

your devices should reboot twice, and then you have root and the superuser application!

enjoy

PS: because we dont have the right version of busybox, some applications will not run, like LBE privacy guard

sorry for the linux user, i did not edit the script, i think you just need to change in the do_copy function, to remove the /data/tmp/busybox before mount -o .:-> i edited the file and updated the archvie, but i have not test it

Hey rooting is ok but how to unroot it.Its creating a problem because I want to send it for repairing.

Guest Simon O

I tried modifying the script to work on a Mac but it failed.. It seems to work but just won't root. Not overly bothered right now about root but I'll have access to a Windows PC next week so I'll give the script a try then.

Guest Simon O

Anyone able to help me here? I'm using the root script and it's doing the exploit and pushing superuser to the system partition. I can run superuser and it seems to work OK but I'm unable to find busybox anywhere and the system seems to lock itself back to read only which I don't understand.

Noob mistake.. didn't escalate myself with su <facepalm>

I'll have to work out some better instructions and scripts and get them uploaded. One thing I have done is use the Stericson Busybox installer as it supports x86. This allowed me to install a new busybox to /system/xbin and unlink the /sbin/busybox and finally relink the new busybox. Don't know if it has any benefits right now.

So you are rooted now flibblesan ? Had the thought then that orange had started pushing out devices patched for the exploit lol

Edited by Guest

OK thanks.

Mtp is good but it seems to have drawbacks, well i find it does anyway, like some files do not get seen on sdcard, and I am finding the transfer speed to not be as fast, might be just me because I dont like mtp much lol, but I have usb3 so it is usually very quick.

Guest nihalot

Help, root gone after flash update.zip(downloaded today from xolo.in) , unable to root now,,, it reboots once, but second time says 'sorry unable to perform this action' ,,,,, now how to root xolo,,,,,, :-(

Guest shootomanUK

Help, root gone after flash update.zip(downloaded today from xolo.in) , unable to root now,,, it reboots once, but second time says 'sorry unable to perform this action' ,,,,, now how to root xolo,,,,,, :-(

try factory reset in phone settings and then run the root app again.

worth a try

Guest iamiguel

I tried to root my device but it didnt work and now the device is slow and keep flickering?

how do i fix this?

Edit: I've done a factory reset and the phone is fine now.

How should i root the phone?

Edited by iamiguel

run the program again

watch your screen on device a popup will appear saying restore data, select restore

dont close the command window on desktop, it must stay open until you have rebooted twice

the program will now reboot device twice

If it does not reboot twice rerun the program straightaway

give it time though as it can take a while for second reboot