Ported Rom Help Required re error AudioPolicyService not published, waiting...

Guest robt77

Guest robt77

Hi,

If anyone with technical knowlege could help . I tried to port XMasterNinni's Rom [ROM][iCS] LEZO 4.0.4 using his porting tool.

It seemed to be successful and when I rebooted the phone it got to the boota animation screen abnd just hung. I took a logcat full message can be found here

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4sEjQFsB

But the error was basically

/ServiceManager( 200): Waiting for service media.player...

W/AudioSystem( 200): AudioPolicyService not published, waiting...

I did some googling and it appears to be a problem with the audioflinger and I need to edit the frameworks/base/services/audioflinger/Android.mk

I found the file in the lib section of system but I have absolutely no idea how to edit the .so file type it is in. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction in terms of editing it

Guest robt77

Good news and bad news. Replacing the libs has enabled me to get the rom to boot thanks for the advice Dazzoz. bad news it is all in chinese :(

back to the drawing board

I lie stumbled across the english language some how wifi seems to work as does 3 g, only annoying thing it is not touch screen and has the annoying pointer thing instead.

Edited by robt77

Guest Dazzozo

I lie stumbled across the english language some how wifi seems to work as does 3 g, only annoying thing it is not touch screen and has the annoying pointer thing instead.

The touchscreen issue is due to there being no input device configuration, so it defaults to the cursor. https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/tree/ics/prebuilt

You need the .idc files from there to be at /system/usr/idc/. They're both the same, and contain only 'touch.deviceType = touchScreen', but it's the file name that's important.

The touchscreen issue is due to there being no input device configuration, so it defaults to the cursor. https://github.com/D...ee/ics/prebuilt

You need the .idc files from there to be at /system/usr/idc/. They're both the same, and contain only 'touch.deviceType = touchScreen', but it's the file name that's important.

Will look at that tomorrow. appreciate all the help. First rom that I have ported that seems to have more things working than not :)

actually can't be bothered sleeping, there are to idc files there called qwerty.idc and qwerty2.idc opened them up in geddit and they both say

Emulator keyboard configuration file #2.

#

touch.deviceType = touchScreen

touch.orientationAware = 1

keyboard.layout = qwerty

keyboard.characterMap = qwerty2

keyboard.orientationAware = 1

keyboard.builtIn = 1

cursor.mode = navigation

cursor.orientationAware = 1

Edit 2 I have looked at your cm9 usr idc files and see there are the two files I mentioned and another 3 with the touch screen, I will see if i copy that it will work. Thanks again

Edited by robt77

Thanks for your help Dazzozo, managed to successfully port that rom and all seems to be working :)

After that success I tried to port the jb paranoid android rom, The rom installed great but it is stuck on the boot animation screen according to the logcat the main error is

I/ServiceManager( 108): service 'media.audio_flinger' died

I/ServiceManager( 108): service 'media.player' died

I/ServiceManager( 108): service 'media.camera' died

I/ServiceManager( 108): service 'media.audio_policy' died

full logcat at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2GqfPqip

I have done some searches on google but not come up with anything definitive. Can I be cheeky and ask your opinion on what is causing that error?

Thanks

Edited by robt77

Yes but I didn't use the porting tool. I unzipped your ROM and replaced the framework, app and media folders with those from the PA ROM.

Do you know of any guide or site that is noob friendly which can decipher log cats so I can learn myself?

Thanks for your help

Edited by robt77

Guest Dazzozo

Do you know of any guide or site that is noob friendly which can decipher log cats so I can learn myself?

There's literally nothing.

If Google returns nothing, you are on your own. None of this stuff is very well documented, and if you ask me that's the challenge and the beauty of it.

There's literally nothing.

If Google returns nothing, you are on your own. None of this stuff is very well documented, and if you ask me that's the challenge and the beauty of it.

No worries, I thought I maybe missing something obvious that is out there. Will crack on and do more research. This seems as if it can get quite addictive