Help!!!installed chainfire 3d, now stuck on xolo boot screen

Guest jammybgud2008

Guest jammybgud2008

This should work though, chainfire 3d just installs a driver in system, it should not be able to give a hard brick, soft brick yes. Maybe the system.img I uploaded is not good ?

i used flibblesan's system,img, i will try yours :)

i used flibblesan's system,img, i will try yours

It should be the same, as both times I pulled system.img it was exact same size, but the one on file factory is the second one, if you manage to download it lol, take you a week, the zip was good before I uploaded as I extracted it first, so the download should be good.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Maybe, just maybe, there was a hardware fault on your phone which just happened to happen when you flashed. OK small chance of that but it's just a very weird situation. Sorry to say it but might just be worth getting Orange to swap it out. Could always say that the OTA ICS update currently being pushed out broke your phone ;)

Yeah perfect timing as the update has just gone out, no arguement for them there really. You downloaded the update, it powered off to update and end of.....only problem is you have xolo splash screen so will have to hard brick it first :lol:

So in the interst of science how would we turn an osd into a paper weight ? Bootloader flash ?

Is there no way the flasher can flash the update then ?

Edited by Guest

Not good then, is not some way to mount storage in adb ?

c:\>adb push update.zip/sdcard/

If you could get adb in recovery/bootloader mode, the above would work right ?

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Easy to brick. Flash a boot or recovery image with a different signature such as the files from an test device. I have a few old ICS test ROMs uploaded somewhere. And by old I mean old :(

Paul manually flashed the images and properly bricked the phone.

Guest jammybgud2008

error. update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

woohoo. i thought i'd give it one last try before i hard bricked.

i entered the above command again out of desperation and it worked!!!

no idea why it didnt give the same error as it is the exact same file

thanks again guys for all your input. it has me stumped but it worked!

Guest jammybgud2008

what commarnd did you enter

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip

when i tried it previously i got an error as stated in earlier post.

problem i have now is i cant seem to root again! grrr

Guest rickywyatt

i just tested it by erasing system in fastboot ended stuck at boot screen then entered fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip in fastboot now back up and running so if you are bricked you can no save your phone

Guest jammybgud2008

i just tested it by erasing system in fastboot ended stuck at boot screen then entered fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip in fastboot now back up and running so if you are bricked you can no save your phone

so erasing system enables the flash of the update. great news for all who get stuck in the future. cheers for your help ricky

Guest jammybgud2008

Congratulations to you and all who helped. I've been watching with baited breath for the last couple of days.

cheers its been stressful, but have learned alot. most of all DO NOT INSTALL CHAINFIRE 3D :D

Guest jammybgud2008

you type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update update.zip witch work

before you typed fastboot -i 0x8087 update update.zip witch dont

ahh makes sense :D

Guest Simon O

This phone just gets better! Now that flashing the update.zip via fastboot works we just need to obtain the Orange stock ROMs and we're laughing.

Glad you finally managed to get your phone back up and running. I think we need to set up a stickied guide to assist other users in the future. Some instructions on flashing will be extremely useful.