[Mods] for ics!

Good find flibblesan :) Makes it much easier doing things like this from a pc rather than fiddling about on a 4inch display.

Has anyone got adb working from a booted device?

If I remember it could only be done in bootloader mode, might be wrong though, will have to have a look and see.

Hmmm.....I cannot even get adb ? I have intel drivers installed, and when I first connected to pc in bootloader, I got popup on pc showing adb driver installed.

Edited by Guest

Found a little build.prop tweak for those wanting custom toggles :D

Root is required to do this mod!

1) Open build.prop with root explorer or whatever root app you use

2) edit line in build.prop "ro.product.statusbarwidget=1" and change the 1 to 0 ( the line is near bottom of build.prop)

3) save exit and reboot now stock toggles are gone

4) download the highly customizable power toggles app: https://play.google....WlubGVzcy5wYyJd

5) now you have customizable toggles :D

Edited by Guest

i edit your post mate just to say to put the xolo update.zip on your sdcard

Cheers m8 :)

Maybe add that to the warning pinned topic too, if everyone got a back up, it almost as good as having cwm.

edit: just realised you already did ;)

Edited by Guest

No worries, lets see what else I can find in build prop :D I do love build props, so versatile :lol:

One tweak I always do first is persist.adb.notify=0 Does my nut seeing adb icon everytime usb connected.

Edited by Guest

Guest darkvicious

I have a nice ICS battery mod on my device which was made in UOT so I thought I would share it with you guys and explain exactly how to do it. Obviously we are without clockworkmod so this is a manual process, it is not difficult to do, just download the attached zip and follow the instructions.

1) you need to be rooted or you cannot do this

2) Make sure you have the xolo ics update.zip on your sdcard just incase

3) download the zip from the link

4) make a copy of your systemui.apk and frameworkres.apk incase you want to return to stock battery

5) take the systemui.apk from the downloaded zip and overwrite the one in system/app

6) take the frameworkres.apk from the downloaded zip and overwrite the one in framework/

As you have just overwritten frameworkres, at this point your device will auto-reboot or freeze.(like it did for me)

If it freezes, wait a while, say 1-2min, after that, if it did not reboot, push and hold power button until it force powers off(takes around 10 sec)

Power back on, that is it, you have a circle mod

Correct permissions in screenshot. You will be able to check systemui.apk permissions but not frameworkres.apk as it will freeze/reboot as soon as overwritten, but in the case it does not, then check the permissions match the screenshot below before manually rebooting.

Before anyone asks why their wallpaper has changed, you will return to stock wallpaper upon doing this as you have replaced frameworkres.apk, so you will have to reset it, no biggy

Obviously, if you do not follow the instructions exactly and your device melts or explodes, I am not responsible as I have instructed exactly how to do it and have tested it several times myself to be sure.

Finally, if you do not understand any of the above, do not proceed! or just ask for the answer to what you do not understand.

If you think it is a bad idea to try this, then it probably is

When I have time i will transfer the rest of the mods I done for G300: http://www.modaco.co...934-modaco-ir1/

(obviously depending on if anyone is interested in battery mods, be a waste of time if nobody wants them lol)

Link: http://www.mediafire...au6utnii3jjjjap

Motorola Razr i wallpaper from screenshot: http://www.mediafire...18uwcbba14aiuk1

I followed the tutorial to the letter and reboot after each step / 6, I have a bootloop

and I must restore the update.zip and re rooting. I use file manager hd and it has root privileges

Found a little build.prop tweak for those wanting custom toggles

Root is required to do this mod!

1) Open build.prop with root explorer or whatever root app you use

2) edit line in build.prop "ro.product.statusbarwidget=1" and change the 1 to 0 ( the line is near bottom of build.prop)

3) save exit and reboot now stock toggles are gone

4) download the highly customizable power toggles app: https://play.google....WlubGVzcy5wYyJd

5) now you have customizable toggles

I modified the build.prop file and the result is correct I have more shortcuts in the original status bar but after installing power toogles I had the frozen screen and I restore with update . zip

Edited by darkvicious

Changing ro.product.statusbarwidget=1 to ro.product.statusbarwidget=0 will leave you with no statusbar toggles not more lol, as you can see from the screenshot, after the edit, there is no toggles.

How you end up with more shortcuts is beyond me as that line is just an on/off switch, it cannot edit the toggles. After you disable the stock toggles you then install power toggles which cannot freeze your device, it is just an app, it has no root access.

It seems you have done something wrong, did you reboot after modding build.prop ?

You also quoted the battery mod part, did you do that also ? As I explained, after overwritting frameworkres your device will reboot or freeze, if it freezes, you force power off with power button held down for around 10 secends.

Edited by Guest