Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

Guest rickywyatt

na you can just install the drivers and then us the rooter inside it you will see adb open cmd and cd to the rooter then type adb shell it should say $

Guest DumonKri

Ok well i've tried everything i can think of when it comes to getting to show up. If anyone has any new ideas i will try them later when i get back from the gym.

Ok well i've tried everything i can think of when it comes to getting to show up. If anyone has any new ideas i will try them later when i get back from the gym.

I have adb now. Are you using a your usual adb setup or the adb form the root san diego folder ? I switched to root san diego folder and adb works now.

post-796032-0-93319200-1349961954.png

Edited by Guest

I have adb now. Are you using a your usual adb setup or the adb form the root san diego folder ? I switched to root san diego folder and adb works now.

well done! Maybe the adb files you were using wasn't up to date, do you use android sdk files? If yes you should try to update you sdk

Edited by ayziaa

well done! Maybe the adb files you were using wasn't up to date, do you use android sdk files? If yes you should try to update you sdk

But the adb works on zte skate tested this morning,if adb outdated, surely adb would not work for other device too

Guest DumonKri

Sorry i don't understand what you mean by root San Diego folder.

I may have been a moron all this time, give me 10mins :)

Edited by DumonKri

Did you root your device ? If so, that folder contains adb, and works. Dont know why the usual adb setup does not work, well for me it does not work. So just change your path in cmd to the root san diego folder.

Guest DumonKri

you have enabled the development option ain't you

you mean debugging? if so yes i have.

Update: got it, i had to kill the previous adb process :)

Pulled what you asked ricky, need anything else?

Edited by DumonKri

Why orange cant be normal like everyone else and upload the update zip, *****self edit***** calm down jiko, just because they remind you of annoying orange on youtube....deep breaths

Edited by Guest

Guest DumonKri

Ok ;) It maybe a little while as my speeds aren't fantastic at this time of day.

It's ironic, i'm doing this for a phone i can't even use! Oh how i wish there was an unlock for it.

Edited by DumonKri

Early days, not long ago we all thought root was never going to happen, so sim unlock will come sooner or later.

And even if it does not, there is the three month unlock with orange ;)

I know how you feel though, I am dying to throw my giffgaff sim in here, I have even cut it to size :lol:

Edited by Guest

I am scared to turn 3g on right now in case it runs out after checking a few emails lol, it really is the worst network by a mile.

Which is why I only use 3g when I have no option to use wifi, which luckily just about everywhere I go I have access to wifi.

Edited by Guest