one rom to rule them all

Guest yaqh

i know people are using different roms and some are happy while others are still on gb. i found with gb everything worked out of the box, performace was great, is there a ics rom that out performs gb?

just test them all ,custom ,offical,any rom ,you choose whats best,im using maple v3.0 and also s3 none are the best its,down to the user.

i could test them all but would take a lot of time so im just getting a general censous of what people think, im using b940, its okay but not great.

I find the shendu rom (which is cm9) with nova launcher on to be smother then gb. I have yet to try any games on here yet as all ics roms ive tried dont do games as good as ics. Its looking good so far.

I find the shendu rom (which is cm9) with nova launcher on to be smother then gb. I have yet to try any games on here yet as all ics roms ive tried dont do games as good as ics. Its looking good so far.

does the launcher make a big difference, i've not tried any other launcher apart from the stock one.

Worth mentioning Infusion. A lot faster than Gingerbread, although most ICS ROMs are, but it has the best features, and seems the most finished of all the ROMs I've seen.

Guest popoyaya

i know people are using different roms and some are happy while others are still on gb. i found with gb everything worked out of the box, performace was great, is there a ics rom that out performs gb?

You would only think "performance was great" if this was your first smart phone or you'd only experienced really crappy low-tech phones. It's laggy, juddery and sucks mainly due to the lack of hardware acceleration in the graphical user interface, but also due to buggy and poorly optimised code on behalf of Huawei. Phone's like the ZTE Blade, with half the specs of the G300, perform twice as well with highly refined custom roms like CM7, 9 and 10. Coming from the Blade to this phone I was shocked and somewhat gutted at how slow and clunky it was. With its specs I expected much more from the G300. Which brings us to...

For my every day use, GB is great. When I was using ICS there was a filling that something is missing.So i hope that CM10 fix that.

Yes CM10 fixes that. Finally the phone can start to perform at its potential.

Guest timfimjim

I agree, ICS isn't as good as GB for the G300 on the whole. But try the S3 ROM. It's very lightweight, probably faster than gingerbread and very stable.

Yeah the standard one lagged like hell but nova with built in jb icons works fast and looks good

i put nova on but it seems i have got 2 launchers , stock and nova, how do just keep nova over the top but use my old settings