EE san diego what speeds will we download at?

Guest gaz1969

Guest gaz1969

Just wondering,with this EE coming soon and the OSD not being 4g,are we at a massive dissadvantage and what speeds will we be able to acheive on our phones?

Thanks Gaz

Guest BlueMoonRising

This is from http://ee.co.uk/faq?WT.mc_id=ON_MEC_S_Google_GeneralEE&WT.srch=1 :-

"To use 4G you’ll need 4G coverage, a 4G compatible phone, 4G SIM card and 4GEE plan on EE", ie. almost no phones at all at the moment.

"There won’t be any pay as you go plans available on EE at launch but look out for great pay as you go offers on EE in the future."

"I’m an Orange / T-Mobile customer. What does the launch of EE mean for me?

Everything Everywhere, the company behind Orange and T-Mobile, is launching a new brand and network called EE. As an Orange or T-Mobile customer you’ll now use EE’s new 3G network, the biggest in the UK, so soon you’ll start to see ‘EE’ on your phone or device screen. We’re also replacing your local T-Mobile and Orange stores with exciting new EE stores, giving you access to almost twice as many stores as today. When EE launches, we'll make it easy and straightforward for eligible Orange and T-Mobile customers to move to EE. We'll update you on this nearer to launch"

Guest geoff1951

Just seen BlueMoon's post as I was typing this -

EE is the year-or-so-old name of the joint Orange/t-mobile business and networks. Networks are already inter-useable, the shops are next to be re-branded. The 4G aspect is coincidental (well, maybe a deliberate PR strategy) with the rebranding announcement. EE is the first in the UK to offer 4G but like 3G works alongside 2G at the moment, so 4G will work alongside those two.

The EE (or is it ee?) quote says it with a bit more guff.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I thought ee was faster than H

Only if your phone supports it, the OSD doesn't. There's actually 2 different versions of the Galaxy S III out, the original non ee version and a new ee capable one. As you can imagine there's a lot of annoyed S3 owners out there...

Guest BlueMoonRising

Jikobutsu has ee on his OSD, see the screenshot above

No he doesn't, he has the carrier name EE instead of Orange or T-Mobile. He is not sending or receiving at ee speeds, it's 3G/HSPA(?) max.

Blame the marketeers for spreading confusion.

Edit :- ee speeds meaning here 4G

Edited by BlueMoonRising

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chinstroker

No he doesn't, he has the carrier name EE instead of Orange or T-Mobile. He is not sending or receiving at ee speeds, it's 3G/HSPA(?) max.

Blame the marketeers for spreading confusion.

Edit :- ee speeds meaning here 4G

So no speed boost if I switched to 4g on orange San Diego

Guest schkinx

On virgin , getting speeds ranging from 10 - 60 kbps during say 10 am to 10 pm . Got up early one morning and tested the speed ( about 5 am ) , got 6.8 Mbps . wide ranging is what i'd call the speed :P

Anyway , got a another 10 weeks to go before i can unlock , then i'm off to 3 .