A stable ROM

Guest ZTE_Lover

Guest Verhaaltjes

It all depends on your definitions.

There are a few stable ROM's out for ICS ... like RedStarr said ... ParanoidAndroid is superstable. For JB I still don't consider it too stable, so forget that one for now.

With stable we generally mean: no crashes, sudden reboots etc. ParanoidAndroid 1.6 (ICS) fits that - many people (including myself) use it daily without any issues.

If you consider a stable ROM one that has everything working (like Flash and things like that) then we have a different definition, and the answer simply is: No ICS or JB ROM will fit your definition. Forget ICS and JB and go back to v2.3 (GB). There are plenty of very stable ROM's using GB, like CM7.2, MokeeOS, Skatie, etc.

Guest omegavesko

All of the ROMs are 'stable'. Missing features do not make them unstable, crashing does.

If a non-working camera flash means instability for you, then no, there are no 'stable' 4.0+ ROMs.

Guest merlijn1111

The 2.3.x roms are very stable and complete.

I have tried some 4.x roms and after a few months I switched back to Mokee OS.

To be honest, I haven't found a 4.x rom that did what i expected.

They are not unstable, but most of them have small (or even bigger) stability issues.

They are missing a lot of features, for example FM-radio (nobody seems to care or to notice, but I do).

They are noticeably slower than 2.3.x especially when you re a power user.

I don't see any reason why I need 4.x on Skate. it's not that it is giving me more features/options than 2.3.x.

It might be nice to brag with, to prove a point, but there really isn't anything that I cannot do with GB that I could do with ICS.

I know that technically there are new libraries for ICS, I don't know any software that uses those.

If it is for the good looks, Mokee OS also looks great in my opinion, much better than most ICS releases.

It's not that i hate ICS or JB, i think that they have great background improvements comparing to GB.

I also appreciate the hard work of the developers in making this possible.

I just don't think that the skate is the best phone to run it.

If you want stability and features, GB is the way to go, you really won't miss anything.

Guest omegavesko

I agree with you, although I have to disagree about the speed. Every single 4.0+ ROM I've used was several magnitudes faster than the 2.3.x ROMs I've tried, and that's quite a few of both. It's one of the main things I love about ICS.

Guest Redstarr1

I have to agree with merlijn on most of his points, I used ICS and its derivatives on my Skate for over 6 months now, but now I put MokeeOS back on it. It looks just as great and has practically all functionality (aside from Dolby but the Belgian Medion didn't have that to begin with).

But it's not that ICS didn't have anything over GB, the web browsing fluidity is why I used ICS for so long. Browsing is what I do most on my phone. But now my brother is using it, mostly for games, so I chose GB for the (in my opinion) better battery life and performance.

Guest merlijn1111

I have to admit that i don't use my phone for web browsing. I have my computer for that :). I only have 50 mb download on my phone.

I mostly use it to read the newspaper (with specific app), as GPS, music station, for some games and for developing android software.

So my comments are based on those criteria..