Stuck with Boot Logo; How to Unbrick?

Guest Timbones

Guest Timbones

[Long time listener, first time caller]

I bought my G300 from Vodafone's website, and flashed it to B888 and then B936 (NZ Full). Been happily using ICS for a couple months now.

Today I tried to unlocked the bootloader, and then everything went wrong. Now the phone only shows the boot logo. I've tried all kinds of techniques to recover it:

Pressing Power+VolUp does nothing. There's no recovery mode.

Pressing Power+VolDown goes into fastboot mode. Tried to install CWM Recovery, Super Recovery, as well as B927 via fasboot. Same error every time: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

When turned on and left, the device cannot be seen via adb. Only fastboot seems to work. In fact, it loads into fastboot regardless of which buttons are pressed.

Although, pressing both VolUp and VolDown does initiate the update process, when dload is present on the SD card. I've tried updating to both B927 and B944, but the pink bar stops at 30%. The sd_update.log contains errors:

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Also tried flashing the vendor update (success) and the "middle" update (fails). The main update still fails.

Any thoughts? Is there any way to recover this phone?

Failing that, any advice on how to get a repair or replacement from Vodafone? Still under warranty...

Guest Timbones

5 minutes after posting this, I made a last ditch effort to update to the exact same B936 I had before...

...and this time it worked.

Whew!

I shall have to be more careful next time...

• 2 months later...