We're giving away a UG802 Android Mini PC!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Congratulations to James from team MoDaCo on Kiva, randomly chosen as the winner of the UG802!

We're giving away an UG802 Android based Mini PC! Yup, the dual core, HDMI equipped, multi USB, 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM, microSD expandable, built in WiFi super-stick. :D

Not only that, by entering the competition you'll be doing some good for the world too.

Entering is super simple - by the end of Friday 19th October, you need to...

• Join the MoDaCo team on Kiva by clicking this link
  • Lend out your FREE $25 loan
  • Invite as many friends as you can to also join our team
  • Wait for me to post to the group details on how the winner will be selected

Easy eh? Someone wins a great little Android Mini PC, people less fortunate than ourselves get the loans they really need and, well, everyone's a winner. Even if you don't win the UG802, you can feel great about yourself! :)

If you have any questions feel free to post below. Thanks for taking part! The competition is open to everyone, everywhere. Postage of the prize is included, however the winner is liable for any customs / import fees that may be payable.

*note: I make nothing personally from you signing up and joining Kiva using the link above, aside from a warm fuzzy feeling. You'll feel it too. ;)

ug802pic.png

Click here to view the item

Guest glossywhite

Encouraging people to borrow money is why the world's economic system is SO messed up. Why is Modaco getting involved in such dubious dealings? If it's a competition, let it be a competition without this silly requirement, and failing that, give it away in a raffle. This sounds as dodgy as anything, with all respect.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest PaulOBrien

Have a read of the Kiva site to learn more about what they do. I agree that borrowing has caused a lot of economic problems in the 'first workd' but to tar ALL borrowing with the same brush is a mistake imho...

P

Guest glossywhite

I'd have bypassed that part of the pre-requisites - it cheapens the image of Modaco, just comes across as tacky and corporate. I'd rather GIVE people a gift of money and bless them with it, not give people who cannot afford to live ANOTHER burden with debt.

I'll leave it to your discretion as to how to run your own site though, heh! :)

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Bet I'm ineligible :( These pen drive sized Android devices are really neat; I've seen a few mock ups of great 10 foot UI launchers and heaps of apps have built in controller support these days! Well worth entering this competition, even if it's just to check out the cool stuff you can do on the worlds smallest PC.

Guest The Soup Thief

Great prize, great cause (if you're equating micro loans with inter bank debt you've misunderstood these schemes fundamentally), I'm in :-D

Guest PaulOBrien

The way it worked is that for everyone who signed up I got a $25 bonus loan that credits to the team and the signer-upper got one too. Maybe they changed it. :(

P

I signed up, but no free loan. Might make a loan anyway but I haven't got $25 to spare until next month (I'm on an hourly wage and wasn't given much work last month). Shared the referral link around anyway, still looks like a good thing to do prize or not. Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.