Problems since update!!

Guest MattJ07

Guest MattJ07

Hi all,

I updated my OSD last week using the Orange OTA update and although mostly impressed im having a few issues. Firstly not all my messages come through with contact names! I can get the name to show by going onto the contacts picture in messages menu and then pressing the icon in the lower right hand side of the box. This works for a while then the name goes back to just the contacts number. Also I'm having problems with facebook only loading the first half a dozen or so posts, after which I just get a white screen! This happens almost everytime I go on and happens with both data and wifi.

Any help on these matters would be very much appreciated

Guest Simon O

Hi all,

I updated my OSD last week using the Orange OTA update and although mostly impressed im having a few issues. Firstly not all my messages come through with contact names! I can get the name to show by going onto the contacts picture in messages menu and then pressing the icon in the lower right hand side of the box. This works for a while then the name goes back to just the contacts number. Also I'm having problems with facebook only loading the first half a dozen or so posts, after which I just get a white screen! This happens almost everytime I go on and happens with both data and wifi.

Any help on these matters would be very much appreciated

The Facebook problem is a problem with the app. If you rotate the screen then rotate back the app will redraw and display properly. Facebook app has always been quite bad.

First issue though.. not seen it myself. Maybe somebody else has the issue.

Guest MattJ07

I did wonder if it was an app issue but cant say i've had it before when i had my htc and it doesnt happen with my gf's Galaxy S2! As for the message contacts, guessing theres a setting to change but i cant find it anywhere.

Thanks for your reply though

Guest Gibson.1

I get the message issue sometimes, no contact name or picture, I think it happens if you have two numbers set for a contact. I set one number as a default and haven't seen it since. I'm on the Xolo ICS.

Edited by Gibson.1

Guest Simon O

I get the message issue sometimes, no contact name or picture, I think it happens if you have two numbers set for a contact. I set one number as a default and haven't seen it since.

That sounds awfully familiar to me right now. Could be the same bug we had on the ZTE Blade back in the day if I am remembering right.

Check that you don't have two numbers set for a contact.

Guest Gibson.1

That sounds awfully familiar to me right now. Could be the same bug we had on the ZTE Blade back in the day if I am remembering right.

Check that you don't have two numbers set for a contact.

It just happened again, I deleted the old number for my friend, he text back and it still only showed the number.

I have a sneaking suspicion that its the facebook contact sync that's causing it.

I only just did the update.

Looks good and I like the new keyboard.

However I got the message app on bottom of home screen but I do not get a number on the icon like I did before the update.

Only get notification on status bar.

OK so not end of world so when I go to messages the last message from my girlfriend is NOT THERE!

Its also upset my message as they not in right order, its like dates are wrong.

I reset them after the update as it WAS wrong then but not now.

Will see if it settles down after a few reboots.

Also my contact photos are not syncing with google :(

Guest Simon O

I only just did the update.

Looks good and I like the new keyboard.

However I got the message app on bottom of home screen but I do not get a number on the icon like I did before the update.

Only get notification on status bar.

OK so not end of world so when I go to messages the last message from my girlfriend is NOT THERE!

Its also upset my message as they not in right order, its like dates are wrong.

I reset them after the update as it WAS wrong then but not now.

Will see if it settles down after a few reboots.

Also my contact photos are not syncing with google :(

Are you using the Orange ICS update or did you install the Xolo update?

Im using the Orange ISC update did it over the wifi at work.

Most the issues are now gone after ten reboots :)

Time is now working as it used to stop in top corner but go to set date and time it was correct :( but thats all ok.

Google contacts all syncing now fine WITH photos :)

But my problem thats annoying is the message icon on the dock at bottom of screen no longer has a number on it say there is a message.

Not end of world but in 2.3 it had a number to say how many texts unread. Now its only in the status bar and I have missed a few txts from my partner who then rings me to see if everything is ok (im disabled so she worries)

Also all message ARE now showing up too!

I think it needed a few reboots to get itself sorted.

Any ideas on this?

or another app that WILL show clearly a text incoming?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Go SMS pops up the message mid screen as well as the notification bar although there's no count on the icon itself(unless it's buried in the app somewhere).

Guest Simon O

Im using the Orange ISC update did it over the wifi at work.

Most the issues are now gone after ten reboots :)

Time is now working as it used to stop in top corner but go to set date and time it was correct :( but thats all ok.

Google contacts all syncing now fine WITH photos :)

But my problem thats annoying is the message icon on the dock at bottom of screen no longer has a number on it say there is a message.

Not end of world but in 2.3 it had a number to say how many texts unread. Now its only in the status bar and I have missed a few txts from my partner who then rings me to see if everything is ok (im disabled so she worries)

Also all message ARE now showing up too!

I think it needed a few reboots to get itself sorted.

Any ideas on this?

or another app that WILL show clearly a text incoming?

Use Novalauncher. Looks just like the original launcher but it lets you do much more. And it lets you have unread counts on the launcher.