Buying devices direct from China

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Guest h@mster81

I'd recommend the 9300+, available on on Aliexpress and FastcardTech

It's the same specs as the Zopo ZP900, just with a bit less memory. It is also the same dimensions as the original Galaxy Note, so a mount designed for that should work.

Thanks mate.

It's slightly over my budget.

Guest lineone

hi guys.

i've just received my phone after 21 days but there are a few problems.

there is a tiny chip in the screen and in the bottom left of the front surface (but thankfully not on the screen itself) there is what i can only describe as an "air bubble" around 5mm long and 1mm wide.

also, ugood advertise this phone as having an 8mp camera but it is only 5mp.

oh, and the mains charger is not for the uk and no adaptor was supplied.

all of this is a shame because this phone feels great, has an amazing super amoled screen with excellent viewing angles, a vanilla version of ics :D and is just so fast compared with my blade!

i also find the 4.3" screen perfect in size and how did i manage up until now without a dual sim slot :rolleyes: .

i've informed ugood of the problems and will let you know their response.

at 105gbp all in though, i'll put up with these small issues mainly because of the aggro of returning the item. :rolleyes:

nice one aaron.

i've just ordered the Star Ulefone V12 from here:

http://www.aliexpres..._610246306.html

no special delivery instructions.

i'll let you know what happens :)

Edited by lineone

Guest lineone

2 days and no response from ugood which is, er, not good :rolleyes:

phone's great though :D

hi guys.

there is a tiny chip in the screen and in the bottom left of the front surface (but thankfully not on the screen itself) there is what i can only describe as an "air bubble" around 5mm long and 1mm wide.

all of this is a shame because this phone feels great, has an amazing super amoled screen with excellent viewing angles, a vanilla version of ics :D and is just so fast compared with my blade!

i also find the 4.3" screen perfect in size and how did i manage up until now without a dual sim slot :rolleyes: .

at 105gbp all in though, i'll put up with these small issues mainly because of the aggro of returning the item. :rolleyes:

Edited by lineone

Guest lineone

4 days go by and still no response from ugood.

personally, i wont be buying anything else from them.

the colour of my text tells you what i think of their service! :D

hi guys.

oh, and the mains charger is not for the uk and no adaptor was supplied.

4 days go by and still no response from ugood.personally, i wont be buying anything else from them.the colour of my text tells you what i think of their service! :D

if ugood doesn't respond, you can inform alliExpress team about that? ;)If you didn't give positive feedback yet, i think they (ugood) will answer :D they want your money :D

I ordered my thl W3+ from Best Android Tablet store on alliExpress... I think i will receive it in next two days... Now it's in custom office in my town (I need to pay taxes :( after they call me for this :( )...I will see will all be in one piece or...

Edited by bobot1

Guest lineone

cheers mate.

i'll wait a bit longer before posting feedback.

good luck with your w3+ :)

if ugood doesn't respond, you can inform alliExpress team about that? ;)If you didn't give positive feedback yet, i think they (ugood) will answer :D they want your money :D

I ordered my thl W3+ from Best Android Tablet store on alliExpress... I think i will receive it in next two days... Now it's in custom office in my town (I need to pay taxes :( after they call me for this :( )...I will see will all be in one piece or...

Guest aaroNiGHTS

I tend to avoid unbranded clone devices for those very reason - the built quality is normally very low. But on the plus side, that device looks to have a great price!

Guest gitf@ce

I'm now glad I didn't go down the cheap Chinese route. I can do without dodgy traders selling me iffy goods and then ignoring my emails, let alone the hassle of Customs and Excise trying to fry my balls for all they can get... nah!

Guest lineone

yeah, great price for what you get and build quality perfectly acceptable.

one little touch i really like is the all enveloping back cover.

it's as good as having a protection cover without the bulk.

very clever :D

I tend to avoid unbranded clone devices for those very reason - the built quality is normally very low. But on the plus side, that device looks to have a great price!

Edited by lineone

Guest lineone

it certainly is a risky route to take.

i hope my experience helped you decide.

personally, i'm not sure whether i'd go down that way again :rolleyes:

I'm now glad I didn't go down the cheap Chinese route. I can do without dodgy traders selling me iffy goods and then ignoring my emails, let alone the hassle of Customs and Excise trying to fry my balls for all they can get... nah!

Guest lineone

there's another problem too.

indoor performance of 3g is, frankly, hopeless.

that's using the same sim card and giffgaff settings straight out of my san francisco which has no indoor 3g issues at all.

from my experience then, don't buy this phone or use this dealer :mellow:

there's another problem too.

indoor performance of 3g is, frankly, hopeless.

that's using the same sim card and giffgaff settings straight out of my san francisco which has no indoor 3g issues at all.

from my experience then, don't buy this phone or use this dealer :mellow:

Thanks for the info

Guest lineone

6 days now since my first correspondence to ugood after receiving my phone and still no response from them.

they have four contact names but not one of them is ever available on chat :rolleyes:

Hi All,

just a bit of info I have found etotalk.com very reliable and trustworthy. just purchased a Jiayu G3 and it was in my hands in 6 working days! fantastic screen! they can be a little more expensive, but a g3 in stock! good customer service questioned ask answered immediately (allowing for time difference)

6 days now since my first correspondence to ugood after receiving my phone and still no response from them.

they have four contact names but not one of them is ever available on chat :rolleyes:

Hope they give a response soon :/ reading your posts i can just imagine the frustration i'd be in in your situation.

Guest legolamb

Hi All,

just a bit of info I have found etotalk.com very reliable and trustworthy. just purchased a Jiayu G3 and it was in my hands in 6 working days! fantastic screen! they can be a little more expensive, but a g3 in stock! good customer service questioned ask answered immediately (allowing for time difference)

How is the G3? can you give us some feedback when you've had time to play? there were some questions about 3g frequencies can you shed any light on that?

Guest lineone

thanks haxorg.

still no response and, yes, it's a bit frustrating but at least my phone (which i actually really like) didn't cost a fortune.

ugood have now added a $32.67 shipping fee to the uk whereas when i bought it there was no charge!

i must admit i didn't do enough homework on the subject as i probably would have bought the excellently reviewed jiagu g2 from another dealer.

Hope they give a response soon :/ reading your posts i can just imagine the frustration i'd be in in your situation.

Edited by lineone

Guest Al_1604

Ordered a G2 - 6577 1Gig version: http://www.aliexpres.../567921439.htmlOrder placed 5th Nov, confirmed shipped (DHL $37.18 extra) 7th Nov, excellent tracking, arrived in UK (East Midlands) early Saturday (10th), sat there over the weekend (typical), delivered safe and sound 12th (Monday).Well packaged, all working, exactly as advertised. 'Invoice' marked with value of $20 - no customs charges or delays.Phone lovely, very pleased with my first Aliexpress transaction.

http://i1275.photobu...R/Photo0033.jpg http://i1275.photobu...R/Photo0032.jpg http://i1275.photobu...Photo0034-1.jpg http://i1275.photobu...R/Photo0035.jpg http://i1275.photobu...R/Photo0036.jpg http://i1275.photobu...R/Photo0037.jpg

Edited by Al_1604

Hi All,

I ordered a ZTE V970 from etotalk. Placed the order on Friday night (2nd Nov), it shipped on Monday and was delivered to Belgium on Wednesday (7th Nov). I've been hit for a further €25 by customs but all in all I pretty happy with the phone.

Guest leopesto

what about the newman nm860? it's like the jiayu g2 (ust 5mp and 512mb) but costs 140$ shipped with ups (jy-g2 is 145+35)

http://www.aliexpres.../682832566.html

It's strange I couldn't find something about it in any website... maybe it's really new, dunno...

another interesting is the haipai (or tinji/tianji/tianhe?) x720d that's 126$ but shipped with singpost. This last has a 4.7, that's why I'd prefer to buy the newman...

Leo

How is the G3? can you give us some feedback when you've had time to play? there were some questions about 3g frequencies can you shed any light on that?

Hi Have not had much time to play yet,keep getting interupted by that "work" thing, but first impressions are good.

Did not know about 3G issues, just put in a t-mobile sim I had knocking about, all seems to be working OK.

Will report especially if I find anything bad

yesterday I received my THL W3+ (via Singapore post)...For now everything works fine...except in the beginning - language on the phone was set on Russian :unsure: but I solve this problem....

Edited by bobot1

Guest legolamb

Hi Have not had much time to play yet,keep getting interupted by that "work" thing, but first impressions are good.

Did not know about 3G issues, just put in a t-mobile sim I had knocking about, all seems to be working OK.

Will report especially if I find anything bad

Oh yeah I know what you mean about the "work" thing! Please let us know how you get on, hows the battery life?

Guest leopesto

FYI, there are two iterations of the Jiayu G2. One uses a single core CPU with 512MB RAM. The second is the dual core with 1GB RAM - going for about ~$170 USD.

really? then the option "mtk6577 512mb add gift" for 145$ comes indeed with a mtk6575?

http://www.aliexpres.../594081004.html

otherwise the seller of the newman nm860 told me that it's available... I'm really tempted.. :S

Edited by leopesto

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.