How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

Guest tomcat_

Hi there,

I have done all the steps up to critical one step 9. When i write my IMEI and press the "write" button i get MODE CHANGE OfflineD Failed

The other steps seem to be ok, i have rooted the phone successfully, i have backed up my IMEI and then restored the 5irom that you have put on the mediafire link. That gave me a different than mine IMEI. When i press SPC it says device unlocked so everything seems normal.

any help is much appreciated

thanks

edit: just a small note. When i do a IMEI restore with the custom 5irom and then straight reboot my phone, after the huawei logo it goes into a screen with an android out of a box and has:

formatting /cache....

formatting /data...

formatting /cache....

foramatting /HWUserdata....

file backup success

Then it is stuck there and i have to take battery out and restart again. Is this normal?

Edited by tomcat_

Guest save me

for me steps 9 & 10 seem to go ok the log says device unlocked & completed but when I reboot the phone it does what you said tomcat_ and starts formatting everything then gets stuck so you take the battery out and when the phone does restart all data has been wiped and the imei is still the fake one why won't it write my real one I've followed everything to the letter..?

Guest tomcat_

for me steps 9 & 10 seem to go ok the log says device unlocked & completed but when I reboot the phone it does what you said tomcat_ and starts formatting everything then gets stuck so you take the battery out and when the phone does restart all data has been wiped and the imei is still the fake one why won't it write my real one I've followed everything to the letter..?

after the device unlocked message what message do you get when you press the "write" button on the programming next to the IMEI? this is when i get the failed msg.

Guest tomcat_

I can't remember at the top of my head but if I try again I will post the details by the way what rom are you using?

i'm using stock GB rom as i got it from vodafone. Now i have updated to stock ICS in order to try again but the files have failed to changed my IMEI as it was successfully done in GB. Still trying.....

Guest save me

I've re-tried and the same thing happens it won't change my imei to the real one and the log just says DEVICE UNLOCKED followed by Complete no success or failure message and nothing after that so don't know am stumped as to what to do now.

Guest derfuhrer2007

edit: just a small note. When i do a IMEI restore with the custom 5irom and then straight reboot my phone, after the huawei logo it goes into a screen with an android out of a box and has:

formatting /cache....

formatting /data...

formatting /cache....

foramatting /HWUserdata....

file backup success

Then it is stuck there and i have to take battery out and restart again. Is this normal?

That's exactly what happened to me, IMEI remained the same and the formatting actually did a factory reset

This worked for me:

1.- apply fake imei as first post

2.- do a full stock update from sd

3.- check that your imei is 0 and then you can follow unlock steps...

tested with yoigo 944 stock fw.

yeah same here but this is driving me loopy now so anybody know what the solution is?

Guest tomcat_

This worked for me:

1.- apply fake imei as first post

2.- do a full stock update from sd

3.- check that your imei is 0 and then you can follow unlock steps...

tested with yoigo 944 stock fw.

2. when you say full stock update from sd you mean from GB to ICS? i have already upgraded to stock ICS from GB, would you suggest to downgrade and try again?

Guest tomcat_

it's ok chisco followed what I think you said and I think it's worked will check tomorrow off out now thanks to everyone for all your help :)

can you pls explain?

I have upgraded to stock ICS B936, made a copy of my original IMEI, then flashed the 5irom provided on the first page and followed instruction.

This time when i input my original IMEI and press write i get the message ok, however it does not change the IMEI to my original, even after a phone restart. Any help is much appreciated.

Attached screenshot of DFS

Guest derfuhrer2007

can you pls explain?

I have upgraded to stock ICS B936, made a copy of my original IMEI, then flashed the 5irom provided on the first page and followed instruction.

You flashed the imei backup by using the restore function in 5irom? After that did you restart the phone?

Guest tomcat_

You flashed the imei backup by using the restore function in 5irom? After that did you restart the phone?

I haven't flashed my original imei back as this is locked. What the instructions say is that you should change the IMEI with the DFS, then restart then make a backup of the unlocked IMEI. If i install my original IMEI i can see my original IMEI but it is still locked

Edited by tomcat_

Reflash the same stock ROM so you have not to downgrade or upgrade.

2. when you say full stock update from sd you mean from GB to ICS? i have already upgraded to stock ICS from GB, would you suggest to downgrade and try again?

Guest save me

ok tomcat_ this is what I did.. I was on stock gb rom I then used the imei changing tool & it changed to something different not 0 then I put a different gb rom on and checked my imei and now it was 0 so for the dfs tool to work I reckon the imei has to be 0 this is the only thing different from all the other 100's of tries I did so then I ran the dfs tool and put my real imei in & followed through the rest as normal I still got the doffline failure message but just ignore it & after i restarted my phone & checked my imei it is now my real one hope this helps you & anyone else stuck also you must remember to restart your phone after every stage let us know how you get on

Guest save me

I'm having problems rooting now everything goes through ok my computer sends the files & it says okay but I when I restart the phone the SU icon does not appear so I cannot backup my imei how annoying

full date wipe sorted it now

Edited by save me

Guest tomcat_

ok tomcat_ this is what I did.. I was on stock gb rom I then used the imei changing tool & it changed to something different not 0 then I put a different gb rom on and checked my imei and now it was 0 so for the dfs tool to work I reckon the imei has to be 0 this is the only thing different from all the other 100's of tries I did so then I ran the dfs tool and put my real imei in & followed through the rest as normal I still got the doffline failure message but just ignore it & after i restarted my phone & checked my imei it is now my real one hope this helps you & anyone else stuck also you must remember to restart your phone after every stage let us know how you get on

thanks for that, this is what i'm understanding from derfuhrer2007 as well that the IMEI has to be 0 for the DFS to work. I will try it tonight when i'm back home.

just one question. Did you flash a stock ROM or a custom one? And also did you do it via the phone (sd card/software upgrade) or via CWM?

thanks