How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

Guest tomcat_

success..!! as it is rightly mentioned, you have to be on stock rom and the IMEI has to be 0, otherwise the DFS tool will not write the IMEI.

Question: after the correct IMEI is written via DFS, i have made another backup of the unlocked IMEI.

If i flash back the first original IMEI would the phone be locked again?

unless i'm doing something wrong, when i have flashed the "fake" IMEI i'm losing the quick setting buttons on the quick drop down menu. Even if i flash another stock rom still the same. If i flash my backed up IMEI i get that functionality back

*edit* forgot to mention that here under section 6 there is a 5irom (tookit download links) that zeros the current IMEI. I haven't tried that, but if that works then flashing again another stock update to 0 the IMEI i guess it won't be necessary.

Edited by tomcat_

Guest tomcat_

just to avoid any confusion what i want to say above is that i'm missing the quickpanel toggles. Only if i flash my original backed up IMEI i can get the toggles back. However if i flash my original IMEI 5irom then the phone will be locked again?

Guest tomcat_

well we got the difficult bit out of the way, thanks to the help of the people here in this forum, i guess we should be able to find a solution on the toggles thing?

any ideas most welcomed.....

Guest Handroid

Can't download the folder from Mediafire as I don't have a premium account. Could someone make it a zip archive? Thanks.

Do you mean the DFS program?

That is available via the two-part downloads in post 4

Guest Andro B

Hey guys,

Newguy here, just got my brand new Ascend yesterday (been using a Blaze for ages), decided to unlock it straight away by following this guide......... 12 hours later, successful!! LOL. Anyway, just really want to say thanks to all of you as I practically had every single problem discussed here and more in that 12 hour period!

But I do have a teenie question- I noticed that my serial number has changed, not sure whether that was caused by zeroing the IMEI or (more likely) the DFS tool. So wondering if anyone else had this issue and how do we change it back??

Guest unidentified

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

I have tried to read about this... a lot.

My question is about unlocking using the method in this thread:

If I use/buy an unlock code and enter the that code I know the mobile is unlocked forever.

If I unlock using this method in this thread, points 8, 9, 10.

Is this method simply fooling the phone into thinking it is unlocked when it is not?

(i.e. the code is still somwhere within the handset, but the method used in this thread skips the request that the handset would normally make for it when an incorrect SIM is inserted because it reads "UNLOCKED DEVICE" (as in point 8) and so it doesn't look any further)?

Or does unlock method in this thread mimic the behavior of entering an unlock code (ie. code is entered, accepted and appropriate flag is then set to unlocked and/or it accepts the codes, wipes/clears the "lock code" forever on the mobile and sets flag to unlocked)?

Sorry just trying to figure out the finer detail of this unlock... I am worried of using this method and then at some time it again requesting for a code.

I am wondering if this unlock method in this thread is similar to what DC-Unlocker uses?

I think the DC-Unlocker method seems only like a bypass (ie. it skips the request for an unlock code but if the phone is ever reset or reflashed then the need for unlock code is still there deep inside, so request would reappear again)

Edited by unidentified

Guest MrPuddington

can you pls explain?

I have upgraded to stock ICS B936, made a copy of my original IMEI, then flashed the 5irom provided on the first page and followed instruction.

This time when i input my original IMEI and press write i get the message ok, however it does not change the IMEI to my original, even after a phone restart. Any help is much appreciated.

Attached screenshot of DFS

I have the same problem. I used B934 installed via CWM (because Fusion does not have the special menu). Everything goes well, but the IMEI is still the "fake" one.

On, and there is one more issue: after using 5ironrom, I always have to reinstall the firmware. I get the error "Invalid argument in CWM", and then it just boot loops. I don't think this has any influence on the process apart from the inconvenience, at least 5ironrom otherwise works as expected, and the backup still works fine.

Guest Andro B

I have tried to read about this... a lot.

My question is about unlocking using the method in this thread:

If I use/buy an unlock code and enter the that code I know the mobile is unlocked forever.

If I unlock using this method in this thread, points 8, 9, 10.

Is this method simply fooling the phone into thinking it is unlocked when it is not?

(i.e. the code is still somwhere within the handset, but the method used in this thread skips the request that the handset would normally make for it when an incorrect SIM is inserted because it reads "UNLOCKED DEVICE" (as in point 8) and so it doesn't look any further)?

Or does unlock method in this thread mimic the behavior of entering an unlock code (ie. code is entered, accepted and appropriate flag is then set to unlocked and/or it accepts the codes, wipes/clears the "lock code" forever on the mobile and sets flag to unlocked)?

Sorry just trying to figure out the finer detail of this unlock... I am worried of using this method and then at some time it again requesting for a code.

I am wondering if this unlock method in this thread is similar to what DC-Unlocker uses?

I think the DC-Unlocker method seems only like a bypass (ie. it skips the request for an unlock code but if the phone is ever reset or reflashed then the need for unlock code is still there deep inside, so request would reappear again)

I think it's the latter i.e. unlocking using this method does exactly the same thing as using an unlock code. Why do I say so? Well I actually have 2 G300s if you believe it, one came unlocked (plan to sell it off) and the other was the one I unlocked using this method. If you are familiar with the Huawei Engineering menu like I am (since I owned an unlocked Blaze before) if you go to Project Menu>Network setting>SIM card lock state query an unlocked Huawei (at least the ones I am familiar with) will say "SIMLOCK_DEACTIVE". Now both my G300s say that after I used this method. The only differences I've noticed in the Engineering menu since i used this method are:

1.The change in the serial number (which I'm still looking for a fix for)

2. The Operator and country info has changed from "vodafone, gb" to "unicom, cn" but I think that as a result of flashing an unbranded ROM in order to get the IMEI to 0. Still haven't changed the ROM yet.

So all seems good, but if you want my opinion, unlocking using the codes (which it seems DFS might allow if one really knows how to use it) is whole lot easier and probably preferable , seeing as one can do some real damage to the phone with the DFS tool if misused.

NOTE: I've also heard of people who used unlock codes and got their phone relocked when they tried all these crazy things we do. I guess unlocking is as permanent as you are sensible.

Edited by Andro B

Guest popoyaya

Having read the whole thread I have to say this thing seems more complicated and fraught with potential disaster than necessary. Could someone who has successfully managed it post a straightforward fool-proof guide?

From what I can gather the serial number is corrupted (thus buggering warranty) and IMEI needs reflashing every time you upgrade the rom?

Guest MrPuddington

Having read the whole thread I have to say this thing seems more complicated and fraught with potential disaster than necessary. Could someone who has successfully managed it post a straightforward fool-proof guide?

Yes, and it does not help that the instructions are spread out, either. But I do not think it is fraught with disaster - as long as you have the 5irom backup, and as long as you are happy to reinstall the ROM if necessary, it seems reasonably safe to me. Of course there is an element of risk, for example if you run out of battery during one of these operations, that could prevent your phone from booting at all?

From what I can gather the serial number is corrupted (thus buggering warranty) and IMEI needs reflashing every time you upgrade the rom?

As I understand you can always restore the original state, but then the phone is locked again. And the phone may or may not need unlocking again after you upgrade the baseband. But since there are only two different basebands available, that is not something you will have to do often.

I just wonder why it does not work here - I guess it only works with certain ROMs.

Guest tomcat_

I have the same problem. I used B934 installed via CWM (because Fusion does not have the special menu). Everything goes well, but the IMEI is still the "fake" one.

On, and there is one more issue: after using 5ironrom, I always have to reinstall the firmware. I get the error "Invalid argument in CWM", and then it just boot loops. I don't think this has any influence on the process apart from the inconvenience, at least 5ironrom otherwise works as expected, and the backup still works fine.

what i did find with mine is that the IMEI has to be 0 before you use the DFS. I did 0 mine by flashing a stock rom via software update from sd card. Then the DFS tool is working,

Guest MrPuddington

what i did find with mine is that the IMEI has to be 0 before you use the DFS. I did 0 mine by flashing a stock rom via software update from sd card. Then the DFS tool is working,

Hm, my IMEI was not 0 after restoring the special 5irom directory, instead it was just a different IMEI. Maybe that is the issue?

Guest save me

Hm, my IMEI was not 0 after restoring the special 5irom directory, instead it was just a different IMEI. Maybe that is the issue?

yes that will have been the issue the dfs tool only seems to work when your imei is 0 when your imei is different then you need to update your rom put another stock rom on and then your imei will be 0 and then the dfs tool will work that's how I did mine

Guest MrPuddington

The imei tends to just change until you put a different rom on. Then it goes to zero.

So how do you install the new ROM, via CWM or via the Huawei update mechanism? And which ROM - does it have to a Huawei or Vodofone stock ROM?