[ROM][JB][Android 4.1.2] AOKP BUILD 5 [UPDATED 23.10.2012]

Guest Kseliozm

Guest lazyliam

Hi I still check this site all time mainly now to read news im not using blade anymore but these blade forums havesome of the most talented and helpful devs ever but equally some of the most rude disrespectful users one could ever imagine no names but IE hackers 1st comment on page one your mum really would be proud

Guest Andrei Lisnic

Automatic brightness is not working, it doesn't remember the preference.

Besides that, this ROM is flying.

Also I would recommend to set the background process limit to "no background processes", made a significant boost for me in battery life and performance.

Guest neothegod

I have tested almost all ICS and JB roms. I was not able to settle with any ICS roms as S2E didn't support moving App data to SD. Which infact is supported at api level in JB. I have tried KonstaT & Burstlam roms. I never liked KonstaT as he only concentrates on reducing rom size rather anything else. I liked Burstlam roms but it seems that he has abandoned development for AOKP. Now I am your fan. Your ROM is super smooth and has lot of customization option. Great job done. Developers like you keep our blades running with pride. Ignore what KonstaT says. He is little concerned that he will lose out to competition. Andriod is open. Lets keep it that way.

Guest neothegod

I get it you got no idea why those guys are coding, do you? So please stop writing about things and incentives you know nothing about.

And who is commenting. Modaco Watchdog?

Guest KonstaT

I have tested almost all ICS and JB roms. I was not able to settle with any ICS roms as S2E didn't support moving App data to SD. Which infact is supported at api level in JB. I have tried KonstaT & Burstlam roms. I never liked KonstaT as he only concentrates on reducing rom size rather anything else. I liked Burstlam roms but it seems that he has abandoned development for AOKP. Now I am your fan. Your ROM is super smooth and has lot of customization option. Great job done. Developers like you keep our blades running with pride. Ignore what KonstaT says. He is little concerned that he will lose out to competition. Andriod is open. Lets keep it that way.

I was just saying that the topic title/first post are very misleading to say the least. Someone still might think that this is an actual AOKP build (and I guess you'd need to know what AOKP is to understand :P) when in fact this is my CyanogenMod 10 build with AOKP framework/apps just slapped on top of it. And it's always another story when someone first takes my work and then says I've done a bad job with it.

And what comes to Android being open, both my CM9/10 builds are fully open source (you see any sources here?). One of the reasons for that is that it opens the possibility for other ROMs being ported to Blade (e.g. we've now got a great JB Paranoid Android). Feel free to use the device tree in my github if you want to build AOKP for Blade (properly, like it should be done).

Guest Snap.IT

1. You have no idea what this is, do you? The OP didn't even compile this ROM, it's KonstaT's CM10 with ported AOKP code injected.

2. You have no idea what "Android is open" means, do you? If you had you'd be praising KonstaT for his contributions and openness while hounding the OP and Burstlam for sources.

In short, not one thing you said makes any sense and you should quit while you're behind.

I was just saying that the topic title/first post are very misleading to say the least. Someone still might think that this is an actual AOKP build (and I guess you'd need to know what AOKP is to understand :P) when in fact this is my CyanogenMod 10 build with AOKP framework/apps just slapped on top of it. And it's always another story when someone first takes my work and then says I've done a bad job with it.

And what comes to Android being open, both my CM9/10 builds are fully open source (you see any sources here?). One of the reasons for that is that it opens the possibility for other ROMs being ported to Blade (e.g. we've now got a great JB Paranoid Android). Feel free to use the device tree in my github if you want to build AOKP for Blade (properly, like it should be done).

This is easy to resolve KonstaT, next update put AOKP in your room, all here stay happy. I have your Room 4.1.2 KonstaT, in future we expect something with this too. Anyway good job what you do. Congratulation.

Guest neothegod

Ok. i thought KonstaT was not happy with his work been stolen. Atleast, that's how it sounded to begin with. I think instead of correcting other people and wasting time, why don't you guys try to write the libs to make hardware decoding work for blades or atleast resolve issues with ICS first before moving on to JB. ICS roms are useless if you can't move App Data to SD using S2E.

Guest Snap.IT

This is easy to resolve KonstaT, next update put AOKP in your room, all here stay happy. I have your Room 4.1.2 KonstaT, in future we expect something with this too. Anyway good job what you do. Congratulation.

You should probably read up on what AOKP is. AOKP isn't CM10 and CM10 isn't AOKP.

You can expect whatever you like but KonstaT is under no obligation to provide it. KonstaT's code is open though so anyone can use it to actually build a REAL AOKP ROM for Blade.

Guest Snap.IT
Ok. i thought KonstaT was not happy with his work been stolen. Atleast, that's how it sounded to begin with. I think instead of correcting other people and wasting time, why don't you guys try to write the libs to make hardware decoding work for blades or atleast resolve issues with ICS first before moving on to JB. ICS roms are useless if you can't move App Data to SD using S2E.

Why don't you?

Who do you think you are to dictate what devs should or shouldn't do? You are free not to use their ROMs if you don't like them.

No one is under any obligation to provide anything to you.

Guest huibuhh

Why don't you?

Who do you think you are to dictate what devs should or shouldn't do? You are free not to use their ROMs if you don't like them.

No one is under any obligation to provide anything to you.

I couldn't agree more.

Guest matcho13579
..why don't you guys try to write the libs to make hardware decoding work for blades or atleast resolve issues with ICS first before moving on to JB...

And why don't you do that by yourself?!

... ICS roms are useless if you can't move App Data to SD using S2E.

Give me one goddamn reason why do you think the ROM is useless without A2SD! I own Blade for about a year and I never, repeat NEVER had to use any of the A2SD apps! Don't use it if you don't want to!

Edited by matcho13579

Guest neothegod

Give me one goddamn reason why do you think the ROM is useless without A2SD! I own Blade for about a year and I never, repeat NEVER had to use any of the A2SD apps! Don't use it if you don't want to!

I think you should be using one of Symbian devices. You must have picked an Android by accident.

Guest Snap.IT

And he's wrong to boot you CAN move all data to sd-ext, i have done so without problems.

Guest Snap.IT

I think you should be using one of Symbian devices. You must have picked an Android by accident.

Why? He's not the one who has problems with Android, YOU are.

Take your own advice and use something less complicated that you might be able to use without problems.

Guest neothegod

And he's wrong to boot you CAN move all data to sd-ext, i have done so without problems.

If you move Application data to sd card using S2E (latest or earlier builds), you will get "Insufficient Storage Available" error on CM9 while dowloading apps from Play Store. There is no resolution to this problem. Check the Modaco threads before making false claims. Incase, I am wrong please put a workaround so that others can use.

Guest neothegod

Why? He's not the one who has problems with Android, YOU are.

Take your own advice and use something less complicated that you might be able to use without problems.

I didn't come to you with problems. I was just appreciating some else's work so that he gets the right motivation to continue with his work. Please try to comprehend what you read before posting anything in the forum. You guys have got me wrong or you can't take the bitter truth.

Guest paulocostavct

I was using cm-10-20120907-blade-Burst-JB-KANG.zip and I never had problems with S2E insufficient storage available but i tried Konstakang rom and that happened and i tried this rom and that happened too i though it was a rom problem. Well i saw a huge discussion in this thread about this not being a real aokp rom but didn't see no one posting a "real" aokp rom in my humble opinion i'm not expert but i think Kseliozm made a nice job with this, "semi-aokp"? , rom. So my props to you Kseliozm.