Cm9 test build download link

Guest carrthee89

Guest carrthee89

Can anyone give me the link for the Daz latest cm9 test build.. Also poeple already using the build can give ur reviews.. It ll help other users who are not following IRC channel often.. Thanks

I don't think you should post that without Daz's permission. He specifically DOESN'T want users nagging him about shortcomings he's fully aware of in the build. It's a dev build, so user support is not provided.

Guest djuroue

fr0do is right ... He uploaded that probably for closed user group, which can help him fixing some of the bugs ... When it is time for build to see a daylight, that will happen when time for it comes!

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I deleted the link. But why should I ask for permission for links which are public, not protected? The same as would Huawei said - do not use that even .. if your browser send us HTTP request, we will serve you the right ROM you want. Everything you are talking about is closed development for specific group of people not telling to anyone they are developing something - no IRC, no mention about development, nothing. As far as I can see the CM9/CM10 development is semi-open/semi-closed (we know, something is happening, the two thirds of g300 repositories are closed).

My opinion is that there should not be any mention about CM9 and CM10 development. When all this will be done all info should be revealed. Not before, not now. Many people expected the release soon when he released "a CM10 preview'. If there wouldn't be anything, nobody would ask for it. I am annoyed about those questions about "when" - if anyone gives them "not daily usable ROM", they will understand that they should wait for the final release.

What do you think is better?

<dev>"there are some issues, but you can try it" <user>"Woow, when, when, when?" <dev>"wait for a usable release" <user>"When, when, when?" <dev>"argh, not usable, you've been warned, you could break your phone, here you are."

or

"nothing is happenning" -> "no response from users"

Guest Davidoff59

Its not shared for a reason and if you look in the cm9/m10 thread you will see why. Huawei are yet to release all the open source code so its all a wip. A dev thread is to other dev interested in maybe working on the project also. Dazzozo and team are working hard on it but Huawei made it very difficult with the muck they have hard coded in.

I deleted the link. But why should I ask for permission for links which are public, not protected? The same as would Huawei said - do not use that even .. if your browser send us HTTP request, we will serve you the right ROM you want. Everything you are talking about is closed development for specific group of people not telling to anyone they are developing something - no IRC, no mention about development, nothing. As far as I can see the CM9/CM10 development is semi-open/semi-closed (we know, something is happening, the two thirds of g300 repositories are closed).

My opinion is that there should not be any mention about CM9 and CM10 development. When all this will be done all info should be revealed. Not before, not now. Many people expected the release soon when he released "a CM10 preview'. If there wouldn't be anything, nobody would ask for it. I am annoyed about those questions about "when" - if anyone gives them "not daily usable ROM", they will understand that they should wait for the final release.

<dev>"there are some issues, but you can try it" <user>"Woow, when, when, when?" <dev>"wait for a usable release" <user>"When, when, when?" <dev>"argh, not usable, you've been warned, you could break your phone, here you are."

or

if Daz wanted to post a link on the forum, he would. Common courtesy would be to ask him first. As he has given his reason why he doesn't want the link in the forum yet, you are going against his wishes, and creating a burden for both users eho have downloaded that and for other members to answer the same question over and over: "yes it's a dev build and we know it doesn't work fully. Those issues are resolved and new ones are being worked on. So please don't waste our time and yours repeatedly asking."

This will go on forever if you provide that link. That's why it isn't posted here.

Guest jsevi83

or

I kind of agree. The irc channel is full of users testing the rom, not just developers. It's normal that people want to know about it, but not much information is given. Just a simple sentence like fr0d0 said would be enough: "yes it's a dev build and we know it doesn't work fully. Those issues are resolved and new ones are being worked on. So please don't waste our time and yours repeatedly asking". Otherwise it's just teasing and waiting for questions to complain about them, that's not very effective.

Guest CommeRestus

I just don't understand why Daz doesnt give information about the developments he is making like he used to. Ok, i understand that users can be quite anoying asking when when when, but there are many people that like to keep an eye on development because it is interesting, even though they (me) don't quite understand somethings. I just feel like he's just "playing" like huawei is... and thats a bit sad. I love Daz work, but i cant follow in the IRC channel as i dont have much time to be there when something happens. I logged in there 3 or 4 times already and only once i was told how it was going.

I have the feeling that CM9/10 he is working on is gonna be just for some, and not for all. Don't ask me why, but i just feel that way even though i might be wrong.

He is a great dev and im much appreciated all his work dont get me wrong. But users are getting a little "behind" when it comes to information.. Im not saying he should reply all posts and satisfy all users, but some posts saying "today i managed to fix this or that" or "im having some trouble with this" couldnt hurt, and those who like to read, and i say READ, like me would like to see posts like that.

Just my 2 cents..

Guest Frankish

The only bit I don't understand is we have gone from him saying everything is working except wifi crash bug to people saying don't expect anything for 3 months and for some reason he is working on cm9 now too? His other roms such as on vivacity were released with bugs and yet this one is being held until it is perfect? Some bugs aren't a deal breaker for many users like I don't really use wifi. Hope all goes well and daz fixes the bits he needs to good luck to him.

Guest Hans Gruber

Yeah it is a little confusing picking through the details for those of us not on IRC, but I don't suppose knowing everything is going to make the release come any sooner

Guest holtend

CM9 is pretty sweet, i would have stuck with CM10 but after a few days of the screen never going off fully I got a bit worried that it might damage it long term??

The 1st flash of CM9 worked great for a day or so, then I started having mobile data connection issues... browsing still worked, but HTTP downloads wouldn't, neither would sftp transfers from my box.

However after reflashing I haven't had any issues for a few days :thumbsup:

As for not having a dedicated thread here, thats completely undestandable..the less time the devs answer questions here, the more time they have to do their magic.

If you really want the link, I would suggest joining the IRC chan and asking there... on the proviso that its still in dev stage, so don't expect support.

@Scrutulatus I have logs for the last week if you haven't already got them? Let me know

The only bit I don't understand is we have gone from him saying everything is working except wifi crash bug to people saying don't expect anything for 3 months and for some reason he is working on cm9 now too? His other roms such as on vivacity were released with bugs and yet this one is being held until it is perfect? Some bugs aren't a deal breaker for many users like I don't really use wifi. Hope all goes well and daz fixes the bits he needs to good luck to him.
Things change drastically with CM updates. It's a never ending task keeping up with it for the devs.

Someone could volunteer to post an update of current status to the forum. Not the easiest job because most people have a job understanding the implications.

Guest Dazzozo

The only bit I don't understand is we have gone from him saying everything is working except wifi crash bug to people saying don't expect anything for 3 months

"don't expect anything at all" would be my suggestion. It was a silly comment for someone to have made though, we don't have time allocations for each individual issue. They take as long as they take. Fixing is never the problem, it's figuring out what the problem is.

Right, I guess I should address this to everyone. We hit an amazing milestone with all hardware working, and it almost seemed like people were planning time off work assuming we were near release. No. The issues that remain are different to what has been completed. There is a difference between "lack of functionality" and "bugs". We completed work on the former.

The reason no builds have been posted is because it got hyped up to the point where anything less than perfect simply would not do, because a lot of people only care about having a £100 Galaxy Nexus.

Similar to what fr0do said, it's all very well and good me providing progress reports, but they're absolutely useless if no one understands them. I've seen people treat a small issue that I'm working on to be the be-all-and-end-all while having no idea what I'm actually working on. If someone actually has understanding of what we're doing and is in the channel then they can feel free to post summaries in the thread. As for me, I want to, you know, dev.

for some reason he is working on cm9 now too?

I'm not really "working" on CM9. I decided at 10pm one night to delete the old ics 2.6 branch and create it again from jellybean using the 3.0 kernel, and had a build going in about 2 hours. It's very easy to maintain both branches with updates that are relevant to both. Git is nice. Through that, we also learned that most of the issues remaining with Jelly Bean are specific to Jelly Bean, and aren't just issues in what we have for the device. The reason for the CM9 build in the IRC channel was to get a small amount of focused feedback on what issues there are that aren't just specific to CM10.

His other roms such as on vivacity were released with bugs and yet this one is being held until it is perfect?

The Crescent had a much smaller user base where everyone pretty much knew everyone else. I think that's a pretty bad comparison to try and make, if you noticed, we started out that way with CM9 and at the start of CM10 before it got hyped up to oblivion. You can never make everyone happy.

Let me remind you all of how many devices are supported in CM10: http://www.cyanogenm...anogenmod-10-m2

Note that many are the same device. We are *still* the only ones working on 7x27a that I can see. I know of one CM9 device.

Guys, if you're going to complain, give me solutions, not problems.

Guest John Mills

Daz,

I don't think anyone is trying to cause you problems, as you said there is a lot of expectation. For right or wrong people read your earlier posts and thought a new version of CM 10 was on the way soon. Now it looks like this is not the case.

I know you are aiming to eventually get official status for your port, have you thought of putting up a public mirror of your repository so that those interested in building what you have done can do? They wouldn't need to come 'begging' you then for a new release. Perhaps you would get some better feedback and this would speed up the development of the port for everyone.

Despite the constant wining of some here the majority of the people on this forum want to see you succeed in this port and I'm sure they have good intentions.

Good luck.

Guest Dazzozo

I know you are aiming to eventually get official status for your port, have you thought of putting up a public mirror of your repository so that those interested in building what you have done can do? They wouldn't need to come 'begging' you then for a new release. Perhaps you would get some better feedback and this would speed up the development of the port for everyone.

Then these people will be familiar with IRC and are quite capable of joining the channel and helping out. I'm not developing this alone anymore for that reason.

Guest Frankish

Great reply daz its cleared stuff up for me and a lot of people I'm sure. The cm9 building makes so much sense now. I just hope you guys get to where you need.

And I don't think daz has made his git public on it as people will expect support from him on unofficial builds which I've seen happen for so many devices before. Correct me if I'm wrong daz.

Guest Davidoff59

He will make source public when the rom is released I imagine. Going off what happened with the ics4g300 team, it may go some distance in explaining why its set to private.

Guest Dazzozo

He will make source public when the rom is released I imagine. Going off what happened with the ics4g300 team, it may go some distance in explaining why its set to private.

Precisely. It will have to be public for CM merge anyway.