FrenkieDroid v8 GT-I8000 Full Working! NOW B7610 TOO!!!!!

Guest frenkie999999999

Guest prosxpal

I suggest you use the kernel mod 1: it is more powerful

The procedure you followed is correct.

However, you should check these steps:

-have you reformatted the ext4 partition in ubuntu? (is faster)

-have you reformatted the partition under ubuntu linux swap? (is faster)

-have you checked that the partition between fat32 and ext4 there are no unallocated space, if there are you have to delete (this is an advice concerning these often creates MiniTool: unallocated space prevents booting Android)

Partitions must not appear in ubuntu like in the picture

ok, reformatted ext4 and swap under ubuntu. no change. but your gparted shows /dev/sdb as your card, mine is different. is that a problem?

and I have no idea what kernel mod 1 is.

I'm gonna partition sdcard all over under ubuntu and give it a try.

post-622045-0-34790000-1359137412_thumb.

Guest spiderman1961

ok, reformatted ext4 and swap under ubuntu. no change. but your gparted shows /dev/sdb as your card, mine is different. is that a problem?

and I have no idea what kernel mod 1 is.

I'm gonna partition sdcard all over under ubuntu and give it a try.

post-622045-0-34790000-1359137412_thumb.

By picture i think you are installing without external sd card inserted: is it right?

If it's right, it wil be better install with external sd inserted; otherwise you have to change you startup.txt: in this line "Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init" value 1 is referred to number disk: with external sd number must be 1; without number must be 0

Kernel mod 1 is this

zImage.part1.rar

zImage.part2.rar

Guest prosxpal

By picture i think you are installing without external sd card inserted: is it right?

If it's right, it wil be better install with external sd inserted; otherwise you have to change you startup.txt: in this line "Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p6 init=/init" value 1 is referred to number disk: with external sd number must be 1; without number must be 0

Kernel mod 1 is this

what do you mean by "installing without external sd card inserted" ? my o2 is 2 gb (my storage) and a 4 gb sd card. i took out the card put in card reader formatted and restored image. then i put it back to o2. or should I put my sd card to usb connection on o2 and format and restore it when the card is inside the device?

I tried changing 0 to 1 and no difference. also put haret zimage and startup to my storage and tried form there. same result. but I noticed something. after I try to boot android, it does not. I checked my card under ubuntu and it does not show any partition at all. may be there is something wrong with the card?

post-622045-0-53366600-1359149816_thumb.

Guest prosxpal

Maybe my card is broken or I did something wrong, but I don't want to spend any more time for this.

I tried everything I can. This is the end for me. I truly thank you for your help spiderman1961.

Guest plutomaniac

Alright, I just tested v8 and looks really good. I have the 8GB version with no SD card and so I had to change startup from 1 to 0. However, there are some issues:

1) When I try to use the camera or File Manager it keeps telling me to insert SD card, how can I fix that?

2) I applied the buttons fix that was posted some pages back but afterwards I cant find any key that locks the phone. The top right one only seems to unlock the phone.

3) I am going to give the phone to a novice user so this is important: is there a way to skip WinMo and boot directly into Andoid?

I changed the language and did a factory reset which removed a lot of apps and made it even faster probably. I like clean installations. Only this task manager icon at the top is a little annoying. I have some more questions but I can't remember them at the moment. Thank you for all your amazing work.

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

what do you mean by "installing without external sd card inserted" ? my o2 is 2 gb (my storage) and a 4 gb sd card. i took out the card put in card reader formatted and restored image. then i put it back to o2. or should I put my sd card to usb connection on o2 and format and restore it when the card is inside the device?

I tried changing 0 to 1 and no difference. also put haret zimage and startup to my storage and tried form there. same result. but I noticed something. after I try to boot android, it does not. I checked my card under ubuntu and it does not show any partition at all. may be there is something wrong with the card?

post-622045-0-53366600-1359149816_thumb.

Maybe my card is broken or I did something wrong, but I don't want to spend any more time for this.

I tried everything I can. This is the end for me. I truly thank you for your help spiderman1961.

No you card isn't broken, but i think you have any errors on "my storage"; in these case many users soved by reflashing WinMo and then partitioninig "my storage" with Minitool and reformatting under Ubuntu.

You can try.

After this remember that External sd is "Storage" (under WinMo); you must install with this inserted. (your 4 gb)

With SD Formatter reformat your 4 gb under Windows (not Ubuntu)

Insert it into your phone without SIM card (you can insert it after installation), open Image For Windows and restore frenkiedroidv7.TBI

Put haret.exe, startup.txt and zImage that i posted inside "my storage" and "storage"

Before start Android (with haret.exe on "my storage"), after restoring with Image for Windows, re open Minitool and control what happened to the partitions on "my storage": if it shall be all ok start Android, otherwise you have others problem (never installation with Image wasted partitions!)

After first boot, wait completion boot; REBOOT AGAIN before use your phone

Guest spiderman1961

Alright, I just tested v8 and looks really good. I have the 8GB version with no SD card and so I had to change startup from 1 to 0. However, there are some issues:

1) When I try to use the camera or File Manager it keeps telling me to insert SD card, how can I fix that?

2) I applied the buttons fix that was posted some pages back but afterwards I cant find any key that locks the phone. The top right one only seems to unlock the phone.

3) I am going to give the phone to a novice user so this is important: is there a way to skip WinMo and boot directly into Andoid?

I changed the language and did a factory reset which removed a lot of apps and made it even faster probably. I like clean installations. Only this task manager icon at the top is a little annoying. I have some more questions but I can't remember them at the moment. Thank you for all your amazing work.

1) Format you sd card ("storage) as primary, active, fat32: if it doesn't sove problem use Sd Formatter (look post above)

2) You can lock phone with hang call key (power key under WinMo)

3) Use RapidBoot

4) For Task manager icon: go to settings app and disable relative option menu

Guest plutomaniac

I used SD Formatter and deleted all my partitions including the ext4 and lixun swap ones so I had to remake them and reinstall Andoid. I tried to set Fat32 partition as primary but it does not seem to work, Andoid is not loading afterwards. I created the partitons with MiniTool and formated ext4 and swap with gparted under ubuntu. Check the image of gparted:

screenshotfrom201301260.png

Edit: I got it to work by changing mmcblk0p6 to mmcblk0p5. Also, a welcome guide appeared this time and there are no italian addons like the first time. I did reinstall the .TBI file. Strange but always welcome. However, it keeps telling me to use an sd card at the camera, file manager etc...

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

I used SD Formatter and deleted all my partitions including the ext4 and lixun swap ones so I had to remake them and reinstall Andoid. I tried to set Fat32 partition as primary but it does not seem to work, Andoid is not loading afterwards. I created the partitons with MiniTool and formated ext4 and swap with gparted under ubuntu. Check the image of gparted:

screenshotfrom201301260.png

Edit: I got it to work by changing mmcblk0p6 to mmcblk0p5. Also, a welcome guide appeared this time and there are no italian addons like the first time. I did reinstall the .TBI file. Strange but always welcome. However, it keeps telling me to use an sd card at the camera, file manager etc...

Hi, suggestion to use Sd formatter is for formatting MicroSd not "my storage" (your 8gb partition)

You have an Omnia 8gb, right?

Well: creating partions on your "my storage 8gb", remember do all them LOGICAL (fat32, ext4,swap)

As primary and active, you must format "storage" (microSd)

By picture, if your ext4 is dev/sdb5, you must change startup.txt, as you done (mmcblk0p5)

Remember installing with MicroSd ("storage") inserted

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest plutomaniac

Well it works now with the configuration as shown in the picture above, should I change it? It doesn't have a problem and RapidBoot works well. I wish it had a 0 or 1 second option.

1) However, the camera sd issue is till there. I don't think it is the primary fat32 partition that does this since previously I had all of them logical and the problem was there too.

2) Sometimes haret takes longer to boot for no reason, that's strange but it does work. Maybe because of the stock kernel. You had suggested mod 1 above but I think this is for v7.

3) The dedicated camera button is not working for me and is there a way to switch the hang call key lock function with the normal lock one (top right)?

Yes I have the 8GB version with no external SD card. Sorry for all the question but this is the best andoid rom out there and I want to make it work for the first time.

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest spiderman1961

Well it works now with the configuration as shown in the picture above, should I change it. It doesn't have a problem and RapidBoot works well. I wish it had a 0 or 1 second option.

1) However, the camera sd issue is till there. I don't think it is the primary fat32 partition that does this since previously I had all of them logical and the problem was there too.

2) Sometimes haret takes longer to boot for no reason, that's strange but it does work. Maybe because of the stock kernel. You had suggested mod 1 above but I think this is for v7.

3) The dedicated camera button is not working for me and is there a way to switch the hang call key lock function with the normal lock one (top right)?

Yes I have the 8GB version with no external SD card. Sorry for all the question but this is the best andoid rom out there and I want to make it work for the first time.

Partition must be logical, otherwise swap doesn'work and Android goes slower.

Camera sd issue will continue without MicroSd, because Rom want it: Camera save picture in /mnt/sdcard/DCIM

Long time for boot may depend from not working swap: i suggest you change partitions in logical

If you use v8 kernel mod 1 isn't supported; you must use that inside frenkiedroidv8.zip

For remapping keys look here and here

Edited by spiderman1961

Guest plutomaniac

Indeed Andoid was going slower so I recreated everything, now I think looks as it should:

screenshotfrom201301261.png

So there is no way to disable the sd check somehow? Also, the camera button is working and opens if you press it lighly and for some seconds. I use the stock top right button to go to main menu and I have noticed that if you open the camera with the dedicated button and close it like 5 times it will freeze the phone completely.

I will keep using it and if I find anything buggy I will let you know...

Edited by plutomaniac

Guest xheretic

Keep up good work Frenkie!

Really great runs on my 32GB microSDHC Class10 but I'm thinking about move it to My Storage (16GB version) because Android still don't see SD card thus e.g. my camera don't work etc...

Guest argentinos

Hello frenkie! I was wondering it is possible you to make a 2.3 ROM for our phone (i8000)? I do not believe is it very difficult, basing my opinion that we have several phones with almost the same hardware as our phone, running android 2.3. http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&cpu=a6410.

And there is already a project on samdroid about the i5700 spica, able to run even android 4.0. But the most important is that on the same project http://forum.samdroid.net/f62/ they have managed to make some 2.3 ROMS for i5700 able to operate everything on the phone. So i was wondering that since they managed to make a fully working 2.3 ROM for a phone only having 2.1 official Samsung ROM, why we can not get this 2.3 ROM, modify it and finally run android 2.3 on out phone. I do not know many things about programming , but i can try help this new project on any other way.

Guest patsuper

Trying to install on a 4 gb sd card:

1) deleted all partitions on card

2) created logical fat32 = 2000 mb

3) created logical ext4 = 1250 mb

4) created linux swap = rest of the card ( ~530mb)

5) restored v7 .TBI image to ext4 partition as described

6) copied haret , startup , zimage files from Arkivio WORK v8.zip/Root di MemoriaPersonale folder to sd card fat32 partition

7) booted to windows 6.5.3

8) started haret.exe from sd card

9) it shows "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

no success. android is not booting. it's stuck on no:9

I had to take out battery to shut down device.

also tried zimage from v7 folder but then I see little writings on black screen saying jumping to kernel and after a while screen starts to turn to a greenish noisy look like old tv screens :)

I want to install Frekie Droid v8 on my SD card sandisk class 10 32 GB.

I follow these steps and it has stuck at Android on Omnia II Loading. No unallocated space between fat32 and ext4 but has unallocated space between ext4 and linux swap.

No you card isn't broken, but i think you have any errors on "my storage"; in these case many users soved by reflashing WinMo and then partitioninig "my storage" with Minitool and reformatting under Ubuntu.

You can try.

After this remember that External sd is "Storage" (under WinMo); you must install with this inserted. (your 4 gb)

With SD Formatter reformat your 4 gb under Windows (not Ubuntu)

Insert it into your phone without SIM card (you can insert it after installation), open Image For Windows and restore frenkiedroidv7.TBI

Put haret.exe, startup.txt and zImage that i posted inside "my storage" and "storage"

Before start Android (with haret.exe on "my storage"), after restoring with Image for Windows, re open Minitool and control what happened to the partitions on "my storage": if it shall be all ok start Android, otherwise you have others problem (never installation with Image wasted partitions!)

After first boot, wait completion boot; REBOOT AGAIN before use your phone

I follow these instruction and minitool partition show me my storage is others 7.2GB and 512MB. I run haret from sd card and my storage. Same result stuck at Android on Omnia II Loading.

Please advice me.

Guest xheretic

I want to install Frekie Droid v8 on my SD card sandisk class 10 32 GB.

I follow these steps and it has stuck at Android on Omnia II Loading. No unallocated space between fat32 and ext4 but has unallocated space between ext4 and linux swap.

It's very simple...just add one more step from this post and it'll be working like a charm:

Guest patsuper

Thank you!! xheretic!!. It's working now. It has some problem with camera with message "Please insert an SD card before using the camera". How to fix it??

Guest xheretic

Thank you!! xheretic!!. It's working now. It has some problem with camera with message "Please insert an SD card before using the camera". How to fix it??

I would also like to know it :unsure:

I already tried every advise from this forum and nothing really work. I think Android must be installed in the MyStorage...and NOT in the SD card...I guess ;)

Guest spiderman1961

I would also like to know it :unsure:

I already tried every advise from this forum and nothing really work. I think Android must be installed in the MyStorage...and NOT in the SD card...I guess ;)

Of course!

Guest argentinos

Hi spiderman !

I posted my question before and got no answer. so since you are handling this thread now, can you please tell me your opinion about gingerbread on i8000 ?

i think is possible. i5700 already run it, with similar hardware to our phone. I guess you know samdroid and their project

so you think possible to mod it to run on i8000 as well ?

Guest spiderman1961

Hi spiderman !

I posted my question before and got no answer. so since you are handling this thread now, can you please tell me your opinion about gingerbread on i8000 ?

i think is possible. i5700 already run it, with similar hardware to our phone. I guess you know samdroid and their project

so you think possible to mod it to run on i8000 as well ?

Sorry for late: we are testings any enhancements on v8...

We know samdroid project and other porting of gingerbread on similar hardware of i8000, but all attempts failed!

We need suitables drivers for porting and they need recompiled for gingerbread: but there are no public sources of i8000; so we cannot attempt to recompile them

Guest argentinos

thank you for your answer !!!

As far as i know they have done great job on samdroid. they have made a ROM possible to operate the following

+ GSM (including mobile data statistics)

+ Audio

+ SDCard/USB mass storage

+ Wifi

+ Bluetooth (including voice calls)

+ 2D/3D HW acceleration (using OpenFIMG, no proprietary libs)

+ Multitouch

+ GPS

+ Accelerometer

+/- Camera (preliminary implementation - no video recording and might crash sometimes)

- Compass/magnetometer

- Hardware video encoding/decoding (YouTube HQ, high bitrate avi/mpg) - not planned

and they are very important. if only we could do the same on our phone.

Of course i think you are doing great job about frenkiedroid. and android 2.2 works very good on our phone. maybe borrowing some components from samdroid 2.2 project can boost your project too.

Of course i know that giving life to an old phone like ours if very important, but just i worry that soon all programs will stop supporting android 2.2 the same way happened on win mo 6.5, the same way happened on android 1.5 etc, so this is why i think that someday we should consume more efforts on android 2.3

Keep up the good work Spiderman !!!

Guest smiechu

Hi,

I'm really surprised by the speed of Frenkie's i8000 v8 ROM.

I've only problem with outgoing call with my bluetooth handset - Jabra BT 5020.

I can receive incoming call on my BT handset without any problems. I can establish outgoing connection by BT handset but I don't hear anything in handset (only in phone speaker).

Do you have similar problems? Maybe I made something wrong?

Guest eddiekrueger78

hi there,

i've successfully flashed android via minitool on my internal storage. it worked good.

can u make v8.1 too sa i can flash it without using Ubuntu?

really appreciate it

thank in advance!