UK Vodafone ICS - B936 released OTA !

Guest tcpaulh

Ermm... solid files. Dropbox. MediaFire??

i would recommend dropbox, as its the only site that doesnt delete your files and it has an unlimited file size

Solidfiles-max size is 250MB

Dropbox- max size is UNLIMITED

Mediafire-max size is ~250MB

Edited by mack_

Guest Davidoff59

Can people on Huawei Hisuite check for an update. Im wondering if those on applicable update versions may see a rom update on hisuite where it wont show on the phone itself?

Guest alpine101

Alpine, its not something I would expect to happen. Do power on and volume either up or down work?

Quite.

I've tried all combinations, up/power, down/power, up/down/power. Dead as the proverbial!

Guest johnpeterman

I made two volumes and started uploading them to dropbox and mediafire.

Meanwhile, despite having 549MB free, I can't install the update, it says insufficient space.

Guest Davidoff59

Return it to Tesco then. It has a years warranty and its well known now the problems Huawei has had so should not be an issue, just no phone for a week or 4

Guest alpine101

I made two volumes and started uploading them to dropbox and mediafire.

Meanwhile, despite having 549MB free, I can't install the update, it says insufficient space.

I had a 2GB SD card, but it wouldn't install from that, I had to put the HwOUC dir on to a bigger SD card.

Most annoying that I've now lost it. it was working well, was rooted and had retained its sim unlock since I was able to send and receive texts via TMO.

Edited by alpine101

Guest alpine101

Return it to Tesco then. It has a years warranty and its well known now the problems Huawei has had so should not be an issue, just no phone for a week or 4

What a pain...It was Tesco Direct, but looking around it may be worth it since they are now rare for sale and are still at the £100 level. I wonder there's any better value on anything else now.

Guest alpine101

If I put HwOUC folder on a bigger card, will it be recognized as the update?

Or should I re-download it?

My update was fine done wiithout a new download, just by copying the dir with its single file to the new card.

Guest johnpeterman

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll post the links here when the files are up.

b4da55, when you download it says 386MB.

Edited by johnpeterman

Just dl correct 895 and the fail log says

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app dload_sd_chk_file_data->dload_sd_chk_ram_data failed! dload_sd_chk_file_data->dload_sd_chk_ram_data failed! dload_sd_chk_file_data->dload_sd_chk_ram_data failed! dload_sd_chk_file_data failed!

Any idea please?

Guest cozmaky

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll post the links here when the files are up.

b4da55, when you download it says 386MB.

i can't wait to test the re-released B936,i hope that is like the b944 in ram management and stability :)