No keyboard predictions

Guest kn100

Just tried using the default Android keyboard after a lifetime of swiftkey to find it has no prediction stuff built in whatsoever. No word guessing, no autocorrect, nothing.

This seems to be a problem on stock firmware too - is there any solution which doesn't involve a third party keyboard?

Will this keyboards keyboard if you will actually add the default android dictionary - I ask as I am trying to get the Android 4.2 keyboard working on ICS and I had it installed but no predictions as no Android dictionary?

Edited by kn100

Will this keyboards keyboard if you will actually add the default android dictionary - I ask as I am trying to get the Android 4.2 keyboard working on ICS and I had it installed but no predictions as no Android dictionary?

yes, it has all discretionary's built in

Just tried flashing it - flashes fine but android keyboard just FC's

can you tell me if the stock android keyboard in your rom is called LatinIME.apk ? (before flashing the mod.zip)

if zte have named it different this will be causing the problem.

EDIT: just looked at the stock rom.. its probably because of the corresponding ".odex" file since the rom is not deodexed

EDIT2: this one should work as i have edited the updater-script to remove the old .odex file that is most likely causing the problem

http://ubuntuone.com...TuyZvvdPS2l3eji

Tillaz you go above and beyond every time - stop being awesome damnit xD!

Also got a quick question - Any idea what your next phone is gonna be? This thing is getting replaced very soon and following you around has worked well for me

Tillaz you go above and beyond every time - stop being awesome damnit xD!

Also got a quick question - Any idea what your next phone is gonna be? This thing is getting replaced very soon and following you around has worked well for me

the zte era (v985), unless something better pops up for the price.. i'm expecting it to be no more than £199.99 (currant price in china)

it really cant be any more because of the price of the nexus 4... witch i would of preferred if it had expandable memory