Not able to reboot ZTE Blade in the Clockwork Recovery Mode.

Guest vmnit

Hi,

Today I got replaced Dell XCD35 from the service center. I could able to reboot in the recovery mode with my previous Dell XCD35 mobile but this time I don't know why it is not getting in the recovery mode.

Steps followed by me:

1. Installed z4root for temporary rooting the device.

2. Installed Recovery Manager. Assigned Superuser permissions to it.

3. Installed Clockwork Recovery thru it and rebooted the device into Clockwork Recovery mode.

4. Held volume down key while rebooting. ====> It stucked to the Dell logo.

5. Pulled out battery and then reinserted it.

6. Power on the device while keeping Volume Down key pressed. ===> Same behavior.

7. Also tried the same with the Home+Volume UP+Power key as mentioned for the Idea Blade device. ===> same behavior. :(

Please help to resolve the issue also let me know if I'm missing something here.

Guest oscarafv

Hi,

Today I got replaced Dell XCD35 from the service center. I could able to reboot in the recovery mode with my previous Dell XCD35 mobile but this time I don't know why it is not getting in the recovery mode.

Steps followed by me:

1. Installed z4root for temporary rooting the device.

2. Installed Recovery Manager. Assigned Superuser permissions to it.

3. Installed Clockwork Recovery thru it and rebooted the device into Clockwork Recovery mode.

4. Held volume down key while rebooting. ====> It stucked to the Dell logo.

5. Pulled out battery and then reinserted it.

6. Power on the device while keeping Volume Down key pressed. ===> Same behavior.

7. Also tried the same with the Home+Volume UP+Power key as mentioned for the Idea Blade device. ===> same behavior. :(

Please help to resolve the issue also let me know if I'm missing something here.

Hi vmnit, have you tried to install an older version of CWM like 5.0.2.0? This happened to me using ROM Manager, but mine is a V880. Hope it helps.

Hi vmnit, have you tried to install an older version of CWM like 5.0.2.0? This happened to me using ROM Manager, but mine is a V880. Hope it helps.

Yes install older recovery with rom manager. Latest recovery will not work on my blade too. My blade stucks on zte logo with latest recovery

I used recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-gen2.img. This worked earlier as well, but I don't know why it is not working. Please let me know how to install the 5.0.2.0 version since while installing it, the recovery manager says the current version is unrecognised and stop there.

Also, let me know if I need to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one and if yes then how to do that?

Thanks,

Vivek

Guest oscarafv

I used recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-gen2.img. This worked earlier as well, but I don't know why it is not working. Please let me know how to install the 5.0.2.0 version since while installing it, the recovery manager says the current version is unrecognised and stop there.

Also, let me know if I need to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one and if yes then how to do that?

Thanks,

Vivek

Hi vmnit, have you tried ROM Manager? It allow you to choose and older version like 5.0.2.0.

Hi vmnit, have you tried ROM Manager? It allow you to choose and older version like 5.0.2.0.

Hi oscarafv,

thanks. ROM Manager worked for me.

Even I now can remember that last time as well I had to install ROM Manager to install the CWM 5.0.2.0 and then only I could upgrade android that time. :)

Guest oscarafv

Hi oscarafv,

thanks. ROM Manager worked for me.

Even I now can remember that last time as well I had to install ROM Manager to install the CWM 5.0.2.0 and then only I could upgrade android that time. :)

Hi vmnit, I'm glad to help. I flashed recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip throught CWM and works fine. Maybe you want do give a try.

Hi vmnit, I'm glad to help. I flashed recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-blade.zip throught CWM and works fine. Maybe you want do give a try.

I tried to look for changes between the two releases but couldn't find any significant one. Can you please let me know some of the significant changes?

Thanks

Guest Snap.IT

I tried to look for changes between the two releases but couldn't find any significant one. Can you please let me know some of the significant changes?

Thanks

Ext4 support for one, kinda important if you use an ext4 partition for sd-ext since it won't be backuped with 5.0.2.0