Newbie - Really need some help please

Guest emmysmom

Guest emmysmom

Hi everyone!!

I hope someone can help, I upgraded firmware today to ICS via the phone notification (I have an EE/TMobile sim).

It worked but the APN settings had been lost. I downloaded Tweakker and now the phone is saying emergency calls only?

I have taken battery out and it is not in airplane mode? I says EE - Emergency calls only. My phone is a G300.

Is it ruined? I am not very technical so the simpler the replies the better :) Sorry :blush:

Edited by emmysmom

Guest MickJack

I am not 100% sure, but you may need to enter your APN settings manually. ICS seems to require this.

Look at: http://www.hotukdeal...ettings-1307926

Go to ‘Settings’.

Then under ‘Wireless & networks’ go to More..

Continue go to ‘Mobile Networks’.

Then ‘Access Point Names’

Click the Menu button’

Then select ‘New APN’

Edited by MickJack

Guest emmysmom

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Sadly I can't do that as the only screen displayed is the emergency calls only one. It won't let me access anything else at all.

Guest andy/newbie

To put into recovery turn phone of pull battery out for a few seconds replace battery then hold volume up and power button the same time in till it takes u into recovery mode and then u should be able to wipe phone .witch in my thinking will remove that app u downloaded .and restore the same settings u had on first boot after upgrade

Guest emmysmom

Any advice on how to reset? I can't access any settings at all t the moment, just the emergency calls screen?

I thought it might be locked but it is showing EE? Also the same the the vodafone sim in it?

Guest emmysmom

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!

Just need to find out how to apply setting now for T Mobile, don't think I'll be trusting Tweakker!! (Wifi not working either?)

Thanks Andy! ;)

Edited by emmysmom

Guest MickJack

Great stuff, I tried to add instructions in the 2nd post. best I could find or you will have to ring EE,

EE may text you the current settings.

Edited by MickJack