[RECOVERY][Porting] ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 by Lucky76 Beta 1

ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.8 by Lucky76

Beta 1

X

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo E350

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING CAREFULLY FOLLOWING LINES. THANKS

WARNING As always do not take any responsibility for any of your brick * Gallant Duo E350 Acer Liquid, then these steps at your own risk, and please be sure to perform them only after you understand what you do and you understand the meaning.

Any operating errors could affect the use of your smartphone forcing you to send it in for repair in service.

Flashing is a dangerous action and should be done very carefully.

This is Porting of the famous Recovery mod to version 6.0.2.8 beta for our device. Should be functional enough and if you notice bugs please report here so I'll try to fix.

Then you will see the installation guide that is identical to that of the root and at the bottom of this post the link to the complete package of PaulOBrien including recovery of my mod.

Big Thanks to Bruno Martins have compiled this Recovery from cyano 10.1 source and i have ported for us device Acer Liquid Gallant Duo.

WARNING

1. If you already have done the Root of your Gallant duo continued with the guide below.

2. If you have not done the Root of your Gallant duo passed through the post from Root and follow the guide then return to this.

Installation Guide ClockworkMod

Tips Pre Flash

1. Having your own device with charge battery to 100%

2. Please read the guide below can be at least a couple of times prior to start.

Follow the step by step guide below:

1. Have necessarily like the Windows operating system (tested by me with win 7 64 bit)

2. Download the pack with the tools in the link below

3. Unzip the zip file you just downloaded to a directory on your PC.

4. Turn off your Duo Gallant and remove the battery

5. Connect your Gallant Duo to your PC via USB cable

6. The Gallant will not be recognized so you'll have to manually install the drivers in the zip file you downloaded and depending on your operating system (XP, Vista, 7).

7. Once you have installed the usb drivers properly you can run the program for the Flash file via the "flash_tools.exe." Good start it as an administrator with the right mouse button.

8. You will see the first line of the program Flash Tools "Download Agent" automatically compiled.

9. Disconnect the USB cable from your Gallant Duo and keep it without a battery.

10. Now you have to upload the file "MT6575_android_scatter_emmc.duo.modaco.txt" created by PaulOBrien and you'll have to click on the button to the left "Scatter-loading."

11. When you will open the window of Windows find this file in the folder going to scatter. Select file MT6575_android_scatter_emmc.duo.modaco.txt.

12. Now you have to choose what to Flashing. On the bottom window you will see many writings and in this case the Root you check the box next to the word RECOVERY.

13. After clicking within the area corresponding to the RECOVERY need to click just above the word RECOVERY.

14. We will open a new window in Windows and in this case you get inside the Images folder where you will find two files.

15. Now to install the ClockworkMod 6.0.1.5 you must click on the file cwm6.0.1.5.lucky76_1.img.

16. At this point you are ready to file the new Flashing the ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.1.5.

WARNING I remind you that you do this to flash your own risk. Flashing is dangerous and could result in an unusable vosto Device. So if you have it all figured out and you are sure and aware of what you're doing, continue with the steps below .......

17. To get started you will need the Flash at this point click on Download.

18. You will come out a dialog warning / alert with the yellow triangle and black exclamation mark telling you not all the images have been properly loaded .... etc..

19. Click on Yes

20. Hook up your Gallant Duo to your PC via the USB cable within a few seconds.

21. You'll see a line starting at the bottom gradually followed by a Red and Yellow and finally there will come a window with a Green Circle Square on side written Download OK.

22. Flash the new ClockworkMod recovery 6.0.1.5 is over/end.

23. Disconnect the USB cable from the Duo Gallant and replace the battery in the device.

24. Now before restarting usually have to go into recovery mode

25. To enter recovery mode you have to press and hold Vol + (up) and Power on the device with the Power button (starting of the engine). Hold down both buttons until you see from the new Recovery. Now you can release the Vol + and Power.

26. With the volume keys you can get on and off in the options of the new recovery. With the Power Button can confirm your choices in the various menus.

27. To restart go to the written reboot system now (System Reboot) ---> To select this option press the Power button as mentioned.

28. Wait Rebooting the System.

29. If you want to enter in Recovery when the phone is on I recommend use app Quick Boot.

30. End

DOWNLOAD

Link Download Fully Pack R2 with tool and file Scatter. -----> Here

md5 ---> 4a055ab7ab0ff9d51647c77961886fbc

Link Download only File Immagine of Recovery Clockworkmod ---> Here

md5 ---> 30022fcc55440c784bae7746f5a8f6fb

Link Download only File Imagine of Recovery 6.0.2.8 ---> Here

md5 ---> 552346dca388cb2993546a5295dd55d5

Link Download ZIP Flash Recovery 6.0.2.8 Normal -----> Here

md5 ---> cdf297dfde3c082d71cd80545dacSPAM

If you have installed 6.0.1.5 Recovery you can flash this .zip file into it.

Big Thanks to Bruno Martins have compiled this Recovery from cyano 10.1 source and i have ported for us device Gallant Duo.

Credits

PaulOBrien -----> Root and pack R1

Clockworkmod -----> For their recoverymod ----> Koush Dutta

Bruno Martins ----> Base 6.0.2.8 for Devices MTK 6575/77

Lucky76 ----> Porting for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo and Acer Z110

Tuttoandroid.net -----> For all my post ----> Here

Bye.

Edited by Guest

Thank you Abducted

Not know if work also for Acer Liquid Gallant Solo. I need original recovery of this device.

I have di more test with this recovery and for me is all ok but if you see bug or problem post here... thank all.

Is there a way i can get the original recovery from my phone? Or can you maybe just get it from an original ROM?

But you have gallant solo? I think yes....

I can download your original rom from Acer link and use recovery into this. You have direct link?

If you can use adb shell done this:

adb shell

su

cat /proc/dumchar_info ---> and send me

cat /proc/emmc ---> same

I think that you can use my recovery because the kernel is only one on Acer web site but first i want see better.

Bye.

Guest Abducted

Cool! :)

On the French ACER support site there are different ROMs for the SOLO and the DUO.

SOLO = OS_Acer_E350.1.000.16.EMEA.FRS_A40I_A.zip

DUO = OS_Acer_E350.1.000.18.EMEA.FR_A40I_A.zip

I'm just going to assume the S in FRS stands for SOLO... :)

I'm using the one from Vache's server, where i used Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.16_EMEA_FRS.zip and FlashTool to flash it to my Phone.

I'll see if i can figure out abd shell and get your those files. :D

Edited by Abducted

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed successfully ClockWordMod 6.0.1.5 by Lucky76 beta 1 on a plain new Gallant Duo.

But the size of the files produced is surprising. I got under the directory /sdcard2/clockworkmod/backup/(date,time):

cache.ext4.dup 0.36KB

data.ext4.dup 112KB

system.ext4.dup 113KB

boot.img 6144KB

recovery.img 6144KB

Is there something wrong with my backup?

Other question: what is this directory /sdcard2/clockworkmod/blobs ?

Is ok but If you want standard Backup you must do this

Change backup format

Backup and restore

Choose backup format

Tar

Now Start your backup

Bye

Edited by Guest

Hello Lucky76,

Thank you for your input, and congratulations for making the recovery available for our phone.

I have some questions and remarks.

1- Is the default backup format preserved ? Since I always see "dup" as default format.

But apparently the small file /clockworkmod/.default_backup_format contains "tar" string inside it,

so hopefully this format will be used later on.

2- The backup produces *.tar.a and *.tar.b files. They are big, and seem to contain backup data.

While *.tar files (without .a or .b extensions) are small. What is their usage?

Previous ClockWorkMod versions did not have *.tar.a files. It looks like a splitting mechanism

somehow since the *.tar.a file seem to be limited to 1GB. Is there a way to get only big *.tar

files (no splitting)?

3- I got message no backup of .android_secure (/sdcard/.android_secure is effectively empty) but with the application Online Nandroid backup

Online Nandroid Backup (v2.6.5.1) (Market Url: https://market.andro...r3t1c.onnandbup)

.android_secure is backuped (refer to onandroid.log below). Where does it found the files?

Note : to use it, you need a patch file for the Liquid Gallant (code C8): inside the application, choose menu, then patch file.

What is /mnt/asec ? Is this related to .android_secure?

4- Compatibility with Online Nandroid backup (onandroid)? The files produced by onandroid

are more "classic" (refer to log file below).

5- Use application Quick boot to go to Recovery: got Android man fallen with red triangle! Need to remove battery, and need to reflash

the recovery :-( since Power + VolumeUp gives the same thing. So personally I no longer use Quick Boot to go to Recovery, but use the

hardware buttons instead. Or am I missing something?

6- When selecting reboot inside the recovery, a question is asked: ROM can flash recovery on boot. FIX?

I did not confirm anything and it reboots normally. What is the recommended action in this case?

7- I do not dare yet to restore with ClockWorkMod the backup done with Online nandroid backup.

Hopefully someone can share any experience with it.

/data/local/tmp/onandroid.log

Online Nandroid v6.14

Started at Thu Dec 13 06:50:05 CET 2012

###########################

Run with options: -p -o -s /mnt/sdcard2 -pd

BusyBox: BusyBox v1.20.2-Stericson (2012-07-04 21:33:31 CDT) multi-call binary.

File System Layout:

rootfs on / type rootfs (ro,relatime)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)

proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)

none on /acct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)

tmpfs on /mnt/asec type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)

tmpfs on /mnt/obb type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000)

none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)

emmc@android on /system type ext4 (ro,relatime,user_xattr,commit=1,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

emmc@usrdata on /data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

emmc@cache on /cache type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc)

/dev/block/vold/179:25 on /mnt/sdcard2 type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/block/vold/179:4 on /mnt/sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

/dev/block/vold/179:4 on /mnt/secure/asec type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)

tmpfs on /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure type tmpfs (ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000)

05:50:05 Checking for root permissions...

05:50:05 Root permissions acquired!

05:50:06 Analysing battery level...

05:50:06 Sufficient battery available!

05:50:06 Checking version of BusyBox installed...

05:50:06 BusyBox version 1.20 or above installed!

05:50:06 Searching for SD card...

05:50:07 Alternate storage media provided!

05:50:07 Checking for required tools...

05:50:07 All required tools available!

05:50:07 Checking disk space...

05:50:08 SD Card Free Space: 9257 MB

05:50:08 Required Space: 1735 MB

05:50:08 Necessary disk space available!

05:50:08 Detecting mountpoints to exclude...

05:50:08 Backing up to /mnt/sdcard2/clockworkmod/backup/2012-12-13.05.50.05

05:50:08 Backing up /boot...\c

05:51:16 Backing up /recovery...\c

05:51:16 Backing up /system...\c

05:52:01 Backing up /data...\c

05:53:48 Backing up /cache...\c

05:53:50 Backing up .android_secure...\c

05:54:15 sd-ext not found! Skipping backup of sd-ext!

05:54:19 Generating md5sum...\c

05:56:31 Verifying md5sum...\c

05:56:31 Online Nandroid Backup Completed in 6 minutes 26 seconds!

Files Backed-up:

"----rwxr-x 1 286138880 Dec 13 05:54 .android_secure.vfat.tar

----rwxr-x 1 536870912 Dec 13 05:51 boot.img

----rwxr-x 1 139264 Dec 13 05:53 cache.ext4.tar

----rwxr-x 1 1020959232 Dec 13 05:53 data.ext4.tar

----rwxr-x 1	 296 Dec 13 05:56 nandroid.md5

----rwxr-x 1	 1024 Dec 13 05:51 recovery.img

----rwxr-x 1 485045248 Dec 13 05:52 system.ext4.tar"

Edit: the onandroid seems to have problem backuping the recovery since the size is only 1024, while the size with CWM is 6MB (6 291456 bytes).

The boot.img produced is different (512MB !) instead of 6MB from CWM.

So it appears that currently CWM is more reliable (and could be use to restore), apart from the remaining problem of

.android_secure not being backuped.

Question 8: Is the internal /sdcard backuped by CWM? /sdcard2 is the external micro SD card, and /sdcard is referred as internal USB storage.

Edited by hapx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...