[22/07/2013] Eco CM7 - A minimalist cm7 build

Guest jventura

Guest Yostarone

thx for the rom. i really like the slick, snappy feeling of it. i wish there would be a rom like that for other phones like moto milestone 2.no need for bloated or slow JB/ICS roms for old phones.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jventura

jventura is there a way to increase the font size? I can't find the option and I need to increase it for my eyes thanks

You can do it in Spare Parts application..

I think it is in the "Assortment_EcoCM7.zip" addons! Remove from the zip the other .apk you don't need.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest rocky11

You can do it in Spare Parts application..

I think it is in the "Assortment_EcoCM7.zip" addons! Remove from the zip the other .apk you don't need.. :)

Thanks jventura - spare parts not in that zip though, although I've sorted by installing blade buddy app from play store :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest probals

Hi Joao - Somehow always keep coming back to this ROM. Our Blade was built for upto GB only, sadly!

One ques - Do you have thoughts of updating this ROM? Effem & b/t tethering would be great. Wouldn't complain though if don't bother updating.

Thanks,

P

Guest jventura

One ques - Do you have thoughts of updating this ROM? Effem & b/t tethering would be great. Wouldn't complain though if don't bother updating.

I don't have much time to spend on ROM patching and all, so for now I'm only "working" with Eco CM9 when I get the chance, which is the ROM I've been using in the latest months..

Effem app would need much work to port it to CM7, but since there is an FM radio app in CM7, there's not point doing it! :)

Guest probals

I don't have much time to spend on ROM patching and all, so for now I'm only "working" with Eco CM9 when I get the chance

No problem mate. Your work on Eco CM 7/9 is most appreciated, none the less. Obrigado!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NorwegianLabel

Which ROM would you recommend? CM7 or CM9, I feel like CM9 and CM10 are kind of messy, in the case of apps opening slowly, the same with the startup of the phone.

Is there something I can do to make my phone load faster?

Great roms, good work!

Guest jventura

Which ROM would you recommend? CM7 or CM9, I feel like CM9 and CM10 are kind of messy, in the case of apps opening slowly, the same with the startup of the phone.

Is there something I can do to make my phone load faster?

Great roms, good work!

It is better to try both and see for yourself. Personally, I've using CM9 which seems more "modern", menu scrolling is fluid, but CM7 is faster opening apps, so you must try to see what you prefer..

Guest jventura

Hi everyone,

just made a new build, check first post.. It is just sync with cm7 repo, nothing really important.. :)

For those who wish to upgrade from the previous Eco CM7 version, just format system, reinstall the ROM and then the Gapps..

I'm going to stick around with Eco CM7 for a while. I miss the snapiness of gingerbread (while opening and using apps) and I need slight better battery life than I had with Eco CM9, so there may be some more updates on this ROM if I find any need for them!

Guest Sammonsmx

Excellent. By formatting just system partition I get to keep all settings. I do like this ROM - no storage issues, and support for the apps I use the most.

Guest jventura

Excellent. By formatting just system partition I get to keep all settings. I do like this ROM - no storage issues, and support for the apps I use the most.

Yeap! Your data is in the /data partition.. :)

Guest Le Dam

Hi all,

Thank you jventura for this update !

I've two questions (and sorry for my bad english !):

Important : I don't yet update my phone. It is under 27/01/2013 version.

1. Is it possible since this update for customise the "power off" menu ? I want remove some propositions

- Screenshot

- Reboot

- Fly mode

- Silent mode

- recovery

- bootloader

2. The proximity sensor calibration don't work. How can I make it ?

Thanks ;)

Edited by Le Dam

Guest Silveste

Hi,

I've been using this ROM for almost 4 months and is amazing but I have a little issue. I can't reproduce movies in Hard-decodind mode in applications like MoboPlayer or BSPlayer.

I would like to use this mode because is better to save up battery and it get better performance.

Is there any way to fix this problem? If not, Do you know any application to watch movies?

Thanks

Edited by Silveste

Guest Le Dam

Hi all,

1. Is it possible since this update for customise the "power off" menu ? I want remove some propositions

- Screenshot

- Reboot

- Fly mode

- Silent mode

- recovery

- bootloader

Thanks ;)

Help, please...

Guest jventura

Hi all,

- Screenshot

- Reboot

- Fly mode

- Silent mode

- recovery

- bootloader

Thanks ;)

Hi there,

I won't change anything in the power menu..

To calibrate the proximity sensor: Settings > Device Settings > Calibrate Proximity Sensor. When you're calibrating the sensor, don't put anything near the sensor, and do it where there's some light..

Guest peetu20

Heay all, tried this rom today first time, never used cm7, when I installed first Rom, it was cm9, so I am feeling this rom laggy at all, BUT peoples, go to Settings>Cyanogenmod settings>Perfomance>Scrolling cache and select FORCE DISABLE. Chancing this to force disable, will make scrolling so much smoother, that I finally could use gb roms....the difference is very big, positively :)

Edited by peetu20

Guest presola
Hi jventura,

Is this ROM contains Bulgarian language?

Yes, it contains bulgarian. You might want to check EcoCM9 as well, Gingerbread is getting really old.