Storage Issue

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Is it at all possible to just not mount the internal 2gb? And then surely the system would have to default/stay on sdcard. Not sure how to go about testing this though?

Vold edit? I'm using Stock+ rom with Paul's kernel and the rom is unbelievably fast and responsive. Only the stupid storage issue plagues me. Tried to format sdcard too.

Is it at all possible to just not mount the internal 2gb? And then surely the system would have to default/stay on sdcard. Not sure how to go about testing this though?

Vold edit? I'm using Stock+ rom with Paul's kernel and the rom is unbelievably fast and responsive. Only the stupid storage issue plagues me. Tried to format sdcard too.

yes, i know how to, and did a while ago, only problem is that it brakes usb mass storage and you have to use MTP connection

will will upload it for to have a look

EDIT: actually it easier just to use this http://ubuntuone.com/1ZGntE3jv83kcre88BAMEQ

I'll share more info later... Just doing a bit more testing whilst trying to cook spag bol. lol

i was making changes in the framework to try resolve the problem but it always caused another problem lol

framework-res.apk / res / xml

external_primary_list.xml

internal_primary_list.xml

storage_list.xml

looking at these specifically

you can see in "storage_list.xml" that internal is set to primary, i changed this to be the external but don't think it made a difference

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<StorageList
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<storage android:mountPoint="/mnt/sdcard" android:storageDescription="@string/storage_internal" android:primary="true" android:emulated="true" />
<storage android:mountPoint="/mnt/sdcard2" android:storageDescription="@string/storage_sd_card" android:removable="true" />
</StorageList>
[/CODE]