What to buy to wireless charge your Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Nexus 4 arrives tommorrow with Wireless Charging support, but what do you need to make it work?

The simple answer is - you need a Qi compatible wireless charging pad. Google will be launching their own charging orb for the Nexus 4... at some point (unknown if it'll be available at launch)... and Nokia's 'charging pillow' is also Qi compatible.

But what if you want to get something now ready for your device's arrival? The options seem pretty limited. So far i've found...

I suspect a lot of stocks have been snapped up in advance of the N4's release! If you spot other Qi compatible hardware in stock elsewhere, let us know so we can update this post!

oregoncharger.png

Click here to view the item

are JBL really charging $150 extra for the wireless speakers that include charging?

If the Qi charging platforms are anything like $150 I can't see many people buying them.

Guest freshymc

Is overcharging possible when using these Qi inductive chargers? i.e can you leave the phone on the charger all day without worrying about destroying the battery?

Guest trishmac

I've read that when the Verge tested the N4 wireless charging capability it had disappointing results..with numerous disconnections. A dock would be great as it would also eradicate the muffled sound when it's rung whilst lying down . .an ideal world and and all that ;-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.