[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Small bugs:

Google search and the stock browser seem to close randomly and quite often. They don't force close, I just get brought back to my home screen, and when I reopen the apps I'm back to where I was pre-close.

Also, when you navigate to System Settings>Sound>Quiet Hours, then press The back button, the screen flashes and brings you back to System Settings instead of Sound.

Get neither of these. Use stock browser all the time and it's solid. Sound/ quiet times menus work as expected.

Guest Dmullar

Strange. I did a full wipe before flashing; came from Infusion. Everything else is working perfectly, I haven't had the WiFi crash or anything. I can live with the Sound Settings problem, it's just the Browser closing which is a tad annoying.

Guest Colossae3.23

@kepke90

If you are meaning the power toggles and the other stuff in the notification bar. I've had this sometimes but it always populates after about 30 seconds ish

Get neither of these. Use stock browser all the time and it's solid. Sound/ quiet times menus work as expected.

I don't get them either - I only ever use the stock browser and it's never crashed on this ROM.

Guest nabby21

Do i need to be rooted before I use this? And can I just do over the air update to ICS and then add this ontop? I recently went back to gingerbread, because of a few problems with ICS but I did like the freshness of it.

Also can anyone test if the can run SHADOW gun: dead zone on this? Thankyou

Guest Twiglets

Download ROM Toolbox lite, and there's a tool in there where you can install a different boot animation - You are referring to the CM9 boot animation, and not the Huawei Splash screen, right?

I must buy a app for €4.00 for listen FM Radio??? No way...

You obviously didn't read properly. There's a free version of that app. The app doesn't work anyway. There's no way to get FM radio on this ROM.

Guest psionandy

Do i need to be rooted before I use this? And can I just do over the air update to ICS and then add this ontop? I recently went back to gingerbread, because of a few problems with ICS but I did like the freshness of it.

Here's what I did...

1) Sim unlocked my device so i can use a non voda sim

2) Updated to voda OTA update

3) follow the instructions in the sticky post "explain like you're 5"

4) when you get up to the point where you're read rto install a custom ics rom, then jump to the start of this thread..

5) Say thanks to Daz..

I'll admit that I didn't think the official ICS was all that bad, but having installed the CM9 R2 it is very much better (and has caused me no problems so far). Many thanks (and some money) to Daz!

with r1 and r2 I have problem with playing video via galery. It plays laggy with default player. All videos recorded with phone. With mx player it plays normal.

Also I can not install allbackup.apk :)

Guest Colossae3.23

Download ROM Toolbox lite, and there's a tool in there where you can install a different boot animation - You are referring to the CM9 boot animation, and not the Huawei Splash screen, right?

Yeah that's what mean. I have the pro version but forgot that was in there... duh :P

Thanks

Guest blademaster123

Also can anyone test if the can run SHADOW gun: dead zone on this? Thankyou

use this to help you, and ive tried modern combat 3 that works really nice Edited by blademaster123

Guest abcshady

Apologies if mentioned but today I was on a call (the first i think since if flashed this) and the call volume was REALLY loud and when I tried to turn it down even when it was on its lowest it was still loud.

Great Rom though, to think, I was on the verge of getting a nexus 4!

I noticed this as well, adding extra steps to the call volume range using Volume+ seemed to reduce the call volume but it might have been a placebo.

Volume+ V1.9.0.1 can be found over on xda at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23326705

It adds the line 'ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=[*]' to the build.prop so backup first just in case!

I added 20 steps, if you try it let me know what you think.

With stock ICS on my G300 the Nexus 4 seemed justifiable for the extra money, but with CM9 it doesn't. Thanks Daz!!