[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest top_score

I got no problem whatsoever with video playback, from playing on YouTube app, downloaded clips, or streaming.

I did make some changes, i.e. unticking things but can't remember exactly what, probably wouldn't be too difficult for other people to experiment though.

from what I've been reading HWA can actually decrease performance and reduce battery life, I think this was with respect to older phones though and maybe not relevant to the g300

Just a question... Does the G300 + this ROM support USB host. I don't have the relevant cables to test this myself.

I may be wrong but i believe that daz and fagulhas couldn't get it working due to no power going to the connected item

Daz in the next releases would be possible to add an option to turn off the continuous focus during video recording ?

Same in the stock ICS Rom continuos AF blur the videos

Our camera is currently completely composed of blobs, if it can't be done in the overlay it is highly unlikely for now. I'll check later.

Ok thx ! :)

Edited by Gippox

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, finally got V2 to install - most problematic installation I've had!

I had updated to CWM 6, and when installing, I had got a freeze, then wouldn't restart after a battery pull.

Anyhow, here's what I did to get it working.

First, I reverted to CWM5 - http://www.mediafire...qk6r1nz8kkw8ik9

Then I did a fuill wipe and flashed the ROM.

Then, on first boot, without turning on wifi, did a shut down using the power button, and a battery pull. Then after restarting, enabled wifi, and did a controlled shutdown again.

Then just to test, I did a hot battery pull.

So I think I've given this a decent try - if it was any other ROM, I would have ditched if after the first total freeze up.

It's all working fine. Still no iplayer, and lack of FM Radio means I won't be "living" with this ROM - it's smooth and running nicely, good effort Daz, but I'll stick with a 944 base, which is just as fast for me, for the time being I think, unless something radical changes for the next update.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest dan nedan

It's all working fine. Still no iplayer, and lack of FM Radio means I won't be "living" with this rom - it's smooth and running nicely, good effort Daz, but I'll stick with a 944 base, which is just as fast for me, for the time being I think, unless something radical changes for the next update.

i fully agree with that!

additionally i noticed i got random losts of phone signal, which is unbearable.

Edited by dan nedan

Just get the allbackup apk and move it to system/app with a root file manager. Reboot your phone and your done. Allbackup should be present on the phone, working as normal.

I reccomend using antek explorer if you don't already have a root explorer.

I can`t move or copy allbackup.apk to system/app Tried with different explorer adn with antek too.

Edited by vnv

Guest dannchelu

Hi Daz. I've notice some problems with the mic and the speaker. Mic is to low and speaker is to high even at the lowest level.

And some random reboots ( idk why )...

(sorry if I write something grammatically wrong)

Edited by dannchelu

Guest flixblixclix

i fully agree with that!

additionally i noticed i got random losts of phone signal, which is unbearable.

yeah even i noticed the same for two to three times .....

Guest Dazzozo

The flags

| __GFP_NOFAIL | __GFP_REPEAT

Exist for that purpose making it "not a hack" any more. No need for a loop

Sure, but my only concern is I shouldn't even have to need to modify wireless. :P