[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Sure, but my only concern is I shouldn't even have to need to modify wireless. :P

Aye... but these days memory is considered an infinite resource. Recognition of no memory is rarely coded for never mind strategy to recover.

Guest Frankish

Whatever makes it work without breaking anything else. Big thumbs up.

So current standing issues seem to be.

Text blurring/fuzzing bug.

Videos not playing smoothly in gallery...

Battery usage not showing.

Erm anything else?

Guest JHsaucy

Whatever makes it work without breaking anything else. Big thumbs up.

So current standing issues seem to be.

Text blurring/fuzzing bug.

Videos not playing smoothly in gallery...

Battery usage not showing.

Erm anything else?

Getting occasionally broken on reboots

Guest Dazzozo

Does this have triple buffering and vsync or am i getting confused?

It has triple buffering and the display is capable of vsync, but it isn't used as it's ICS.

Guest Dazzozo

Aye... but these days memory is considered an infinite resource. Recognition of no memory is rarely coded for never mind strategy to recover.

I replaced the hack: https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/commit/444dc4d37b92246f535eab19afe8f7f2f9a89b8d

:P

I'm still really puzzled as to how it functions correctly on stock kernels, though. Huawei must apply a hack themselves, it is the only way.

Guest Frankish

Getting occasionally broken on reboots

I've not had a single reboot on r2 at all and not really seeing reports of them either. Also my gallery seems to play my videos just fine so seems that's more likely a user error than rom error. I tried an old file recorded on some other rom plus recorded and played one back.

Guest MrPuddington
I'm still really puzzled as to how it functions correctly on stock kernels, though. Huawei must apply a hack themselves, it is the only way.

Maybe that hack is the source of the memory leak? Because stock is certainly losing RAM in certain scenarios.

Guest Dazzozo

what's this stuff about phone signal dropping? that's the only thing i've read so far that could be a showstopper. reports are vague though.

I can't say I've experienced it myself and I use mobile data more than Wi-Fi... :P

Guest JHsaucy

I've not had a single reboot on r2 at all and not really seeing reports of them either. Also my gallery seems to play my videos just fine so seems that's more likely a user error than rom error. I tried an old file recorded on some other rom plus recorded and played one back.

Well i'm reporting a bug that's happening to me, pretty sure i haven't done anything wrong to make it my error but idk

Guest Frankish

Well i'm reporting a bug that's happening to me, pretty sure i haven't done anything wrong to make it my error but idk

Of course I didn't intend for it to cause offence. What I mean is it doesn't seem wide spread so there must be an individual reason.

Did you wipe system?

Did you restore any data from other roms?

Do you overclock?

Guest krishang3

Daz for some reason when I put phone to sleep and turn it back on and try to unlock it lags. Its lags everywhere soooo bad. Until I reboot phone and plus its over clocked...

Any way to fix this?

Plus I've done a full paranoid android port basically everything works buy camera doesn't work and that issue I had mentioned to you before about the ril error, what's the best possible way to fix this without building from source. Since I'm very limited with space atm

Edited by krishang3

Guest Dazzozo

Daz for some reason when I put phone to sleep and turn it back on and try to unlock it lags. Its lags everywhere soooo bad. Until I reboot phone and plus its over clocked...

Any way to fix this?

I don't really care about this sort of stuff right now.

Plus I've done a full paranoid android port basically everything works buy camera doesn't work and that issue I had mentioned to you before about the ril error, what's the best possible way to fix this without building from source. Since I'm very limited with space atm

You tell me, all I do is build from source...

Guest JHsaucy

Of course I didn't intend for it to cause offence. What I mean is it doesn't seem wide spread so there must be an individual reason.

Did you wipe system?

Did you restore any data from other roms?

Do you overclock?

Wiped system and installed. Before I'd over clocked or anything it always breaks at the reboot. By that I mean I can't get past the cm9 logo and I have to re flash

Guest tcpaulh

Wiped system and installed. Before I'd over clocked or anything it always breaks at the reboot. By that I mean I can't get past the cm9 logo and I have to re flash

Are you sure you're on R2 in system settings, about, cyanogenmod version?

Guest Dazzozo

Our problem is that video decoding is completely dead. :P I wouldn't treat it as final video playback, far from it.

Apparently the issues are everywhere for 7x27a CM.

i have a question that might seem slightly OT sorry.

I have 2 G300s both with proximity sensor issues (they don't always register phone being taken away from face, but always do register being put close, so they spend a lot of time thinking they're on a face).

In GB based ROMs, hitting power button toggles screen, or with a setting, it can end call.

the first is a usable workaround for this (hardware) issue.

I believe newer ROMS act differently but can't remember how? it stopped me upgrading before though.

what does this ROM do please if you press (not hold) power button whilst screen is near face AND in a call?

Edited by Smiff2