[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tyrol_gangster

well this is the 1st time i am trying this rom and i can tell you it looks perfectly possible to me mate :-) actually, to correct myself, it does not reboot it's stuck on the CM9 boot logo :-/

Edited by tyrol_gangster

Guest tcpaulh

well this is the 1st time i am trying this rom and i can tell you it looks perfectly possible to me mate :-) actually, to correct myself, it does not reboot it's stuck on the CM9 boot logo :-/

What wipes did you perform?

What version of cwm are you on?

If it's freezing during boot, what makes you think it's wifi?

Guest psionandy

Just gone from r2 to r3 via OTA update... and i'm seriously impressed by how smooth the process was.

Video playback now works fine in the gallery, youtube works fine, and i've just installed Iplayer and that works too.

Guest tyrol_gangster

data, cache, dalvik

cwm 6.0.1.8.

it freezes immediately when i turn the wifi on, then reboots buts gets stuck on the CM logo

just did another wipe, the phone rebooted ok, turn on wifi, same result - freezes immediately

Guest tcpaulh

try formatting system, + factory reset + install rom again, just for a totally clean install

Edit: but your symptoms at the moment are similar to a wifi large page allocation deadlock...which is very odd to say the least.

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest tyrol_gangster

formatting system didn't help but not restoring (wifi networks) from Google Account seems to have done the trick. apologies if that's something I should of known

Guest Dazzozo

It should actually be impossible now. The allocation is marked as "no fail". There's another allocation (smaller) that takes place before, but I've never seen it fail due to that. Logs would be pretty handy if you have adb around, a logcat won't suffice:

adb root

adb shell cat /proc/kmsg

formatting system didn't help but not restoring (wifi networks) from Google Account seems to have done the trick. apologies if that's something I should of known

Now that's just really weird. I've seen it all. :P

Guest tyrol_gangster

ok, a question, please...

with this ROM, if I want to use the 2gb int sd card for apps (I also have external sd card which i want to use for music etc) all I need to do is tick the storage configuration / use internal storage checkbox or do I still need to install the Link2Int (or even Int2sdext2) mod? I did search the forums but the explanations are not 100% clear.

also I still need to use Link2SD rather than S2E without further manual scripting, right? (liked the latter more on my Blade as it was a simple all or nothing tool)

Guest Dazzozo

with this ROM, if I want to use the 2gb int sd card for apps (I also have external sd card which i want to use for music etc) all I need to do is tick the storage configuration / use internal storage checkbox or do I still need to install the Link2Int (or even Int2sdext2) mod? I did search the forums but the explanations are not 100% clear.

also I still need to use Link2SD rather than S2E without further manual scripting, right? (liked the latter more on my Blade as it was a simple all or nothing tool)

'Use internal storage' has the same functionality as it did on stock. It swaps your default SD card. It does no magic regarding apps, just simply swaps the primary SD card.

Whatever you do besides that is up to you.

Guest Frankish

Managed to crash/freeze phone by rapidly toggling wifi and hotspot. Although the freeze this time was the crt animation going realllllllly slowly off then screen off with capacitive lights on and no response but no reboot either. In real world use will probably never freeze.

The 'use internal storage' option will basically use the 2GB partition as an sdcard, so your music, pics etc will all be stored there as well as any apps you 'move to sd'. If you leave the storage configuration to sdcard and use the Link2SD mod you can use that 2GB partition as proper app storage as you would with a 2nd sdcard partition.

@ Daz; thanks for the update. Grabbing it now.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Dazzozo: yeah 'It swaps your default SD card as it did in stick' is what I read elsewhere but what does that actually mean? i mean ok so basically you say if I want to use the 2GB for apps I still need the MOD but then should I have this settings checkbox selected or not? applying the logic I know from Blade, the answer would be yes (apps saved to internal which however gets linked to EXT4 by S2E) but here I am led to believe from what I read the answer is no but I can't get my head round that. i don't want the apps on SD card (the 32GB one I inserted) cos obviously they're lost when usb connected to PC.

Guest tcpaulh

does it have hw video playback? Mx player doesn't work in r2 using hw+ decoder.

May depend on video container/codec etc. The first one I tried (with hw acc checked in settings) had black screen + audio for 5 seconds then MX Player quit.

It played just fine without the the HW acc setting checked in MX Player settings though.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Cyda: hmmmm, thanks, think I start to get it so the switch should have been called 'use internal sd card' vs 'use additional sd card' i.e. people who have extra SD card never want it on... the huawei guys didn't help by naming two places in the phone 'internal storage' i suppose :-D

Guest Dazzozo

The BBC iPlayer black screen should be fixed, probably Flash too -- anything that depends on divxdrmdecrypt. There might still be some decoding problems, shouldn't be too difficult though.

great changelog, for <1 week that's bl**dy good going! just seeing if any nasty regressions get reported and i'll give it a go.

Display: set refresh rate to 65

can you explain this one please? just curious!

presumably if you want to use the 2GB for \data you need to set this up when you install the ROM?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Hans Gruber

The BBC iPlayer black screen should be fixed, probably Flash too -- anything that depends on divxdrmdecrypt. There might still be some decoding problems, shouldn't be too difficult though.

The twitch.tv app seems to be working now :thumbs:

Guest tracasan

i am unable to install apps from google play using wi-fi. works with mobile data though.wiped everything and installed a fresh copy of R3, reflashed cwm 6, flashed gapps(did all of these twice jut to make sure).I don't think that it's because of my internet connection, websites and other downloads work great. any ideeas?

Edited by tracasan

i am unable to install apps from google play using wi-fi. works with mobile data though.wiped everything and installed a fresh copy of R3, reflashed cwm 6, flashed gapps(did all of these twice jut to make sure).I don't think that it's because of my internet connection, websites and other downloads work great. any ideeas?

check your system clock. wrong time breaks google play. took me ages to work this one out.

Guest tracasan

check your system clock. wrong time breaks google play. took me ages to work this one out.

just checked it... everything looks fine with the date and time(tried it on manual but still unable to download)