[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest intensedarkness

Has anyone managed to reach a system uptime of more than 48 hours yet? If so, were there any slow downs?

In my experience, at around 50 hours uptime it was so slow that waking up from sleep took about a minute.

If anyone hasn't already tried this, I challenge you to do so!

Still the best rom out there, without a doubt, only issues I'm having are:

- Continual, gradual slowing down from uptime of 5 hours to 50 hours

- Random reboots

Edited by intensedarkness

Has anyone managed to reach a system uptime of more than 48 hours yet? If so, were there any slow downs?

If anyone hasn't already tried this, I challenge you to do so.

No problems of any kind.

a3e23e14c7.jpg

Edited by ovecka

Guest TangerineTractor

Interesting. And everything stayed the same in terms of system speed?

How about other people?

I had a slowdown after about 20 hours, and it didn't restore performance after a restart, so I ended up wiping.

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm not getting into that discussion again on here. I tend to try most new roms, and will chop and change and experiment in the evenings when the wife's gone to sleep, but usually end up flashing a cwm backup of a saved working efficient rom before I go to bed, ready for the next day at work.

Guest TangerineTractor

Stock+ gets the slowdowns much, much earlier than this ROM in my experience.

I think its safe to say that everybody seems to have different experiences of each different rom. Some are more stable than others for different people, with different apps. Some seem to have different bugs than others. Some seem to think one rom is faster than another, while others feel the opposite. Who knows why... but there certainly isn't one "best" rom, it's whatever works best for you on your device with your requirements. Remember that none of the ROMs on here are commercial products, and the devs just do it for fun, interest, and the possibility of a few kind donations if you appreciate their efforts.

Guest intensedarkness

I think its safe to say that everybody seems to have different experiences of each different rom. Some are more stable than others for different people, with different apps. Some seem to have different bugs than others. Some seem to think one rom is faster than another, while others feel the opposite. Who knows why... but there certainly isn't one "best" rom, it's whatever works best for you on your device with your requirements. Remember that none of the ROMs on here are commercial products, and the devs just do it for fun, interest, and the possibility of a few kind donations if you appreciate their efforts.

Yup. Just sharing my experience.

I may be getting slowdowns because I didnt download all apps fresh from market, used gobackup pro to restore some of them.

Guest TangerineTractor

Well it isn't going to be solved by keeping repeating it. it's a relatively new but not consistent bug, so will probably be quite hard to track down. in a situation like this you might be better switching to a less experimental Rom until there's a new release, and seeing if that solves your issues.

Guest intensedarkness

Well it isn't going to be solved by keeping repeating it. it's a relatively new but not consistent bug, so will probably be quite hard to track down. in a situation like this you might be better switching to a less experimental Rom until there's a new release, and seeing if that solves your issues.

Lol! Thanks for the advice. Will be sticking with CM9 until I have some time in a few months to dissect the logcats and see if I can work out what's causing it. Was throwing it out there to see if other people are having it or just me, to see if its specific to me first.

Thanks again for the advice though :)

Edited by intensedarkness

I'm having the same issue with freezing on the boot animation if wifi is enabled. The phone then resets itself after a minute or so and freezes at the same point in the boot animation. Phone boots fine when wifi is disabled but if you leave it enabled you will have to reinstall via CWM. A shame because the ROM looks VERY promising and I would love to get it working :). Awesome speed from what I have seen so far. Keep up the great work! Donation made :)

I had the same problem freezing at the Cyanogen man, the only way I got round this was a TOTAL clean install, format SD card, copy ROM and Gapps to it afterwards, factory reset in CWM, wipe cache, in advanced wipe dalvik cache, in mounts format system. Then no problem at all. - Andrew

I tried this and it didn't make a difference for me. Here's my process :

(I came from INFUSION ROM B05 btw)

Booted into CWM and did Factory Reset/Wipe.

Wiped Dalvik Cache. (probably unnecessary)

Formatted sdcard. (probably unnecessary)

Formatted system. (probably unnecessary)

Mounted sdcard and copied ROM + Gapps back because of sdcard format.

Installed ROM then Gapps from zip.

Removed battery. (probably unnecessary)

Booted.

Just to clarify : Boots fine first time and provided I turn off wifi before i reboot it will not hang. If i leave wifi on and do a reboot phone hangs on boot animation and then resets after a minute or so.

Guest TangerineTractor

These were my steps to avoid the WiFi freeze.

full wipe. flash. no gapps

boot no WiFi

shut down

pull battery

boot

enable WiFi and connect

shut down

pull battery

boot

then try a hot battery pull to make sure you don't get a permanent freeze if it happens again.

then boot recovery and install gapps .

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Hans Gruber

dazo when are you planning to release next version with the bug fixes/changes?

I may be clutching at straws but if I had to guess at an answer it would be "when it's ready to be released"

These were my steps to avoid the WiFi freeze.

full wipe. flash. no gapps

boot no WiFi

shut down

pull battery

boot

enable WiFi and connect

shut down

pull battery

boot

then try a hot battery pull to make sure you don't get a permanent freeze if it happens again.

then boot recovery and install gapps .

It worked! Thanks very much :D

Guest Upayidance

With R2 i once (yesterday, i think) left 3g on for like the whole day and it rebooted about 3 or 4 times ... could it be some bug ?

This happens apparently on other roms too, its an issue with ICS and G300, I had it on Infusion, others say they have it on all roms they try.

This is what i asked Huawei:

Hello! I bought a Ascend G300 about 2 weeks ago, and the first thing i did was to upgrade to ICS, and the phone keeps rebooting and i have to input my pincode again! Very annoying since it reset in my pocket today and i missed an important phonecall...

Ive been reading that others have this problem with the G300 and ICS aswell, but that some dont experiance it at all. Im wondering if you KNOW theres a problem with my G300 and ICS roms, and i should revert back to GB untill you swiftly fix this, or if i should get a refund before the refund time runs out.

This is what they answerd:

For the reboot issue, We are investigating this with Vodafone. We realise this is not the answer you are looking for, immediately. However, we are looking into this. We will update you as soon as we have information that we can share with you.-

-For the downgrade issue, the answer is Yes. Please back-up your handset before updating the software.

Would be lovely if devs fixed it before Huawei and Vodafone does xD

Ontopic: I had the same 1% / minute drain on Infusion when using 3G internet browsing and such, I dont recall if it drained more or less when using Wi-Fi tho.

Thank you to Andyman1969, SdZ and TangerineTractor for advice on start-up freeze.

After applying a systematic approach to repeated freeze>wipe>re-install>boot>setup>reboot>freeze (or no freeze) cycles, only doing one more thing at a time during setup before testing with a reboot, I can say without any certainty that not restoring using Google account got me out of the loop. Now have fully functioning G300 on Mod 9 and loving it.

No problems with wifi - i.e. I don't need to turn it off before reboot.

Hi! Its my first post in the forum! At first sorry for my bad english.

I came from the last infusion ROM to the CM9 R2. I had the wi-fi issue all the time at infusion and on CM9 R2. I decide to install dazzozo CWM version, and since then, i never get that bug. I don now if this is related, but its strange after the CWM update wi-fi works fine for me.

I just experience a very annoying bug at this moment. when i have less than 1euro on my prepaid operator contract, i make a call and an operator screen message came with that information, and then the call screen disappear, even in notifications bar... Result, i cant terminate my call and i have to reboot the phone or ask other person to do it. some one with the same bug?

Daz, great work you are doing! Im glad of your hard work! keep going. I will donate some cash to you soon