[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest andyjbee

How long does it hang on the Huawei splash when updating to R3?

Mines hanging for more than 10 minutes, which I'm thinking is too long, so I've pulled the battery and gone into CWM to recover to R2.

Should I be a bit more patient?!?

Can anyone help please? I'd really like to update to R3 but it seems to be sticking on the Huawei Splash for an awfully long time (15 mins) with no progress to cm9 screen.

I know I'm successfully downloading R3 and when I choose to apply the update, the phone re-boots in CWM, goes through the update process and tells me it has successfully applied the update, then seems to hang on re-boot.

Any thoughts?

Guest Buffalo Soldier

After one week using R3 I can say it's really great rom, I just noticed a few bugs that I think are worth mentioning:

1. Caller ID lag

2. Notification led light

3. In-call volume too high

Once again great work Dazz !!!

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest NeburG300

Can anyone help please? I'd really like to update to R3 but it seems to be sticking on the Huawei Splash for an awfully long time (15 mins) with no progress to cm9 screen.

I know I'm successfully downloading R3 and when I choose to apply the update, the phone re-boots in CWM, goes through the update process and tells me it has successfully applied the update, then seems to hang on re-boot.

Any thoughts?

Had the same problem, my solution, I started CWM, full wipe, format sys and dalvick, reboot CWM, instal zip (name of the update or rom) following these paths, in the main directory go to OTA-updater/download/ file.zip that you want and then instal.

And you're done. I hope that this has been useful to you.

Guest ukimann

Just had 2 wi-fi freezes on R3. I've been using it for a week now and this is the first time I've had any problems other then what other people report: caller ID lag, Led lights...Best rom yet...

Guest Hoggonator

Issues:

1. Caller ID lag

2. Randomly will not connect to mobile data services after having being on standby and needs reboot to re-establish

3. Probably 3 - 4 reboots since R3 was installed (installed this as soon as released)

Excellent ROM though, these are not complaints just observations.

Guest popoyaya

No caller ID lag here. No probs with mobile data. Just a few reboots and bit of battery drain.

Can't wait for CM10!

We're very lucky to have Daz on our side, and not forgetting Faghulas! ;)

I was bugfree until today. It had started when I first entered the 3G zone. A reboot every few minutes forced me to turn data off. Even now, back on Edge, I get reboots here and there that have never happened before. Strange.

Guest Frankish

Just noticed on the GiffGaff APN settings for CM9 R3 the Server is set as http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:80 (same as the MMSC)

According to GiffGaff this should be not be set to anything.

Would that be effecting anyone's mobile internet experience?

Nah i'm on GiffGaff been using R3 since it was released with no problems with my data. No reboots, no data drop outs. No problems other than my notification led :)

Guest Hans Gruber

Has anyone else noticed the GPS icon randomly start flashing and not stopping until a reboot? I've had this a couple of times and I'm not sure if it's CM9 causing it or some rogue app. I don't think I had it before flashing R3 but I'm not positive on that.

Just noticed on the GiffGaff APN settings for CM9 R3 the Server is set as http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:80 (same as the MMSC)

According to GiffGaff this should be not be set to anything.

Would that be effecting anyone's mobile internet experience?

I've had very occasional drop outs.. twice in 2 weeks, icon stuck on grey, reboot fixes. I'll have a play and report back. GG suggest that if you don't use mms, and I don't.

Just updated to OTA R3. Thing is I accidentally did the R3 before the R2 update. But when I did the R3 update, I lost all my google apps. I can't seem to access my play store app from my phone or any play store app that I've previously downloaded. I can go on the internet on my phone and access it but if I download something from there, it says I've already downloaded it for my phone.

I can't access anything of my google account from my phone i.e. my synced contacts.

Can anyone help me?

Guest Dazzozo

Just updated to OTA R3. Thing is I accidentally did the R3 before the R2 update. But when I did the R3 update, I lost all my google apps. I can't seem to access my play store app from my phone or any play store app that I've previously downloaded. I can go on the internet on my phone and access it but if I download something from there, it says I've already downloaded it for my phone.

I can't access anything of my google account from my phone i.e. my synced contacts.

Can anyone help me?

I don't think going via R2 would be related. What recovery are you using?

Guest zex_rad

I really like this rom, all the good stuff is there (GJ Dazz).

Only thing, somehow I feel that battery charge/control is a bit off.

1. battery is down to 10% when plugged on charger. Very fast "full" charge. (left it on charger over night)

2. next day 8am 100%, NO 3G at all, Wifi ON all day, 60 in off talk time, 15-20 min of web browsing, 10pm battery at 13%, Full charge over night

3. next day, same usage, NO 3G..... at 11pm battery at 70%, second day at 8pm batt at 30%...

To simplify, whit the same charging habits and pretty same usage sometimes battery lasts 10-15 hours, sometimes it lasts 50+ hours....

Looks like that battery status (charge) is not accurate, and phone completes charging before battery is really full.

Maybe it just me.... Anyone else make sense of this....

Guest Gibber_uk

Heh just giving CM9 a go coming from infusion. Seems nice and slick so far but suffering from a stuck black screen during calls when i hold the phone to my ear, proximity sensor only seems to be working in one direction. Had no problems on infusion, anyone got any ideas?