[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

There is a GPU hang (you can cause it by going to the menu in the SMS app and choosing Settings) but it happens for about 20% of people from what we saw in IRC.

It's due to a tiled rendering setting I enabled. I've already reverted that small part of the change and have built an R5. I can push it if people are suffering from it. Fortunately for people who do framework mods the framework hasn't changed.

Yup Messaging > Settings can crash mine. Battery pull required.

Edited by Cobble

Guest BillBong

Use built in updater no wipe needed.

Thaks Frankish.

I tried that and it downloaded and rebooted but it's stuck on the Huawei logo. I think it's because I've got an old CWM (it's 4.0.1.5). Is there a quick/easy way around this to get the upgrade, or am I going to have to restore from nandroid and then install a more recent CWM to upgrade?

does that reverted change makes some difference in performance? I'm asking because I'm not using stock messaging app and I don't have the need to update if it hangs only there

Guest Andymac1969

I upgraded to R4 on a clean install, added all my apps, running sweet as a nut, flashed R5, and now I cannot open the Play Store? I have wiped its cache and forced closed it, but it just will not open, anyone else have a problem with this?

Andrew

Edit, looks like i need to re flash the Gapps

Edited by Andymac1969

Battery statistics going crazy!

post-969101-1354408599257_thumb.jpg

The battery is going nice and smooth, then suddenly it drops :blink:

Battery statistics seem really inaccurate on CM9, so I don't really need to worry about it... or do I?

EDIT: This report is from R3. I should probably update before I report anything :P

Edited by kyan31

Battery statistics seem really inaccurate on CM9, so I don't really need to worry about it... or do I?

01/12/2012 - R4
  • Proprietary: redo all blobs from B952
  • GPU: disable skia lcdtext rendering to reduce text corruption - this seems fixed in jellybean
  • GPU: Qualcomm settings changes
  • Dalvik: Changes to heap size and growth limit
  • Wi-Fi: fix null pointer dereference crashes
  • Framework: disable hardware features that aren't fully functional - Wi-Fi direct, USB host
  • Framework: remove power profile, should fix battery issues (will kill battery stats for now)

Probably related to the line in bold.

Guest carrthee89

Touch is much more responsive than r3.. or its just a placebo? Also I was using framework tool app in r3 for changing animations.. but now in r5 its not working?

Guest tracasan

After the update google play kept giving me "no connection error" so i did a full wipe and reinstalled everything. Everything works fine except the google.ro mobile site that keeps refreshing every 3 seconds. This only happens on the default browser though(chrome and opera display it fine)

dazo does fix the fast battery drain on 3g?

3g can drain a battery, it greatly depending on network quality. Try switching to 2g when you don't specifically need 3g speeds and your battery should be much better. You can get loads of apps that allow fast toggle between 2 and 3g modes for this exact reason.

Hello! How is the sound in the head set when you are talking in the phone? I tried Tillaz's infusion B07 and the sound is clearer than on CM9. Nothing else to report. I used CM9 R3 for a full week and had no problem of any kind. It's a fantastic Rom.

Guest peterck
Hello! How is the sound in the head set when you are talking in the phone? I tried Tillaz's infusion B07 and the sound is clearer than on CM9. Nothing else to report. I used CM9 R3 for a full week and had no problem of any kind. It's a fantastic Rom.
but have you tried the new the CM9 R5 yet before your comparing the two

:huh:.

Edited by peterck