[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Can anyone confirm that the 3G reboot bug is still present on R5?

I have this problem, but not that often, I've noticed it happens more often when my network type is UMTS:3.

I think you should try this:

It helped some people, but for me it didn't. :( Also some people solved rebooting problem with this kernel: but this only works with stock-based roms.

My solution is to keep it on 2G until I need faster connection, like when I'm using TuneIn Radio, so this way I didn't have any reboots for a few weeks now.

Guest popoyaya

R5 the fastest yet here with trebuchet. And no reboots yet. I'm getting antutu scores of ~4200. I'm usb tethering with 3G without issue. For those going back to R3 I can only say: muppets!

I have this problem, but not that often, I've noticed it happens more often when my network type is UMTS:3.

I think you should try this: http://www.modaco.co...based-ics-roms/

It helped some people, but for me it didn't. :( Also some people solved rebooting problem with this kernel: http://www.modaco.co...-update-111112/, but this only works with stock-based roms.

My solution is to keep it on 2G until I need faster connection, like when I'm using TuneIn Radio, so this way I didn't have any reboots for a few weeks now.

Worth trying. I used B944 (At least I think so. Is there a way to get the version from update.app?) as a baseband 2030 source. Too bad I won't get to a 3G zone in a week.

Guest jsevi83

Great work, Daz. Since I think new devices are still being accepted in CM9, I really hope you can make the G300 an official device some day. Thanks for your effort!

Guest marcioo

You're basically just whining. No accurate description of the issue, just plain crying.

Are you going to stop being background noise in this thread?

So, if I found an error I cant say in here?

Hello all,

I did the OTA-type upgrade from R3 to 4, then immediately 5 (I didn't realise you could skip 4 at the time). Now I'm getting randomly dumped out of the browser to the home screen, with no message of any type. On returning to the browser, sometimes it's remembered which page I'm on, sometimes not. It actually happened just now on here if that's useful information? (full web-page view rather than the phone version, which irritatingly doesn't give you page numbers!)

I wasn't having any issues with R3 apart from very occasional (presumably 3G) reboots, so I'll just revert to that for now but I'd be interested to hear if it's just me or if this is a problem other people are having. It's still the best rom available by a mile by the way, so thanks - I don't want to sound ungrateful!

Edit: in case it's also useful, it seems to happen towards the end of a page loading (rather than on a fully-loaded page).

Edited by BoneyD

Been here since the beginning the latest r5 is great no problem here fantastic work m8 :)

Maybe if you do the wipes after the OTA you may not have any problems?

Edited by sedj

how to install all backup in this rom? Thanks.

You have to install it as a zip from sd card with cwm.You can download the zip file here http://www.solidfiles.com/d/5255e3a333/

I dont think its advisable to use allbackup if your constantly chopping and changing roms - it can screw up system files. I just use it for backing up my own data,not system or apps

Guest peterck
Hello all,

I did the OTA-type upgrade from R3 to 4, then immediately 5 (I didn't realise you could skip 4 at the time). Now I'm getting randomly dumped out of the browser to the home screen, with no message of any type. On returning to the browser, sometimes it's remembered which page I'm on, sometimes not. It actually happened just now on here if that's useful information? (full web-page view rather than the phone version, which irritatingly doesn't give you page numbers!)

I wasn't having any issues with R3 apart from very occasional (presumably 3G) reboots, so I'll just revert to that for now but I'd be interested to hear if it's just me or if this is a problem other people are having. It's still the best rom available by a mile by the way, so thanks - I don't want to sound ungrateful!

Edit: in case it's also useful, it seems to happen towards the end of a page loading (rather than on a fully-loaded page).

your not the only one it happens to me too but I don't mind that much. This Rom is still the best out there :D. Edited by peterck

Guest Ludak021

@Dazzozo:

Viber not working for me. I tried 3 different wi-fi networks with 5 phones (4 phones + mine), different phones. 2 of them are on CM10, 2 are on sense. Viber works between those 4 phones, on my phone it works but I cannot hear people while other 4 phones don't have this problem. Phones involved were: htc hd2 x 2 (one cm9 other cm10) sensation and samsung s3.

edit: I installed first CM9 RC1 manually with all wipes formats etc, rest went through OTA.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest tcpaulh

If anyone is having a problem, please try and catch it happening in a log.

Details of how to do so are at https://docs.google....s5lPW7XdiA/edit

The Android Debug Bridge windows executable (adb.exe) can be used to collect logs from a connected android device.

Download adb.zip and extract it to your PC

Open the adb folder then open a command window in it (shift+rightclick, open command window here)

Plug phone into your PC!

Standard logcat (android system log)

adb logcat > logcat.txt

ctrl-c when you want to stop logging

radio logcat (for eg wifi probs)

adb logcat -b radio > radiolog.txt

ctrl-c when you want to stop logging

kernel logs

adb shell

su

cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.txt

exit

adb pull /sdcard/kmsg.txt

kernel message buffer (on request)

adb shell

dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

exit

adb pull /sdcard/dmesg.txt

/proc/last_kmsg (not available in G300 CM9. Possibly in the future?)

Once log collected, take a look to see if you can see any errors and post to pastebin.com. kmsg/dmesg are generally helpful in tracking down ‘low level’ problems related to hardware devices, whilst logcat is helpful for problems with specific apps and the Android user environment. If you can’t decide which log is pertinent, provide both.

Edit: These instructions were brought to you by the letters T and C and the lads on IRC

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest apopberz

I seem to constantly have an issue with this rom where moving from a Wifi-area to a non-wifi area the phone should fall-back to 3G but does not. I need to disable 3G (or enable airplane mode) and then re-enable it to have the data connection work.

I've checked the APN settings are correct as I suspected this may have been the issue but it seems fine.

Guest apopberz

I seem to constantly have an issue with this rom where moving from a Wifi-area to a non-wifi area the phone should fall-back to 3G but does not. I need to disable 3G (or enable airplane mode) and then re-enable it to have the data connection work.

I've checked the APN settings are correct as I suspected this may have been the issue but it seems fine.

Guest thebuell

I'm now quite happily running CM9, thanks for all that hard work making it available. Just a small niggle, I just noticed the lock screen displays the long date in the american format, perhaps something to be addressed in future?

Guest MrPuddington

Sometimes it fails to connect to mobile broadband when I switch it on in the toggles. Even using the settings it does not initiate mobile broadband, and I have to reboot - then it works just fine. I suppose that could be one of those RIL issues? This is on R1 through R3, and it sounds vaguely similar to your issue.