[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Faelon

CM10 can render indic language complex scripts properly whereas CM9 fails at rendering the complex scripts in facebook, messages and other apps (only web browser renders the scripts correctly). Therefore, is there a way to use CM10's language packs/settings (or whatever it is) in CM9?

Guest joandrade

CM10 can render indic language complex scripts properly whereas CM9 fails at rendering the complex scripts in facebook, messages and other apps (only web browser renders the scripts correctly). Therefore, is there a way to use CM10's language packs/settings (or whatever it is) in CM9?

Text corruption is a long known bug in CM9 and Daz has said lots of times it wouldn't go away until CM10. So the short answer is no.

I also don't think it's necessary to fix a bug that only happens in an older version of Android just for the sake of it, so I doubt it will get fixed in CM9.

Guest raverrr

This has probably already been brought up but I can't search the topic so here it is:

Getting this error literally non stop

01-09 22:08:11.540 252 276 E Sensors : sensors_poll_context_t::pollEvents, line 202: receive event #### i=3, nb=1

Anyone know what it is?/what's causing it?

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

I need ur help.

Have installed this rom, But i can't send or receve any MMS.

I have the APN automaticaly installed with the ROM.

But i suspect the problem it's in some incorrect parameter, so I need to remove the APN.

But i can't.

Can some one help here?

Guest mr_mufy

HI.

Finally i can figure out the problem. Was the configs.

But, i need to see if some one can tell me u i can receve the MMS without data ben active?

The Infusion ROM has that. I already put the ro.hw_oom_app=com.android.mms vin the build file, but doesn't work.

Guest joandrade

HI.

Finally i can figure out the problem. Was the configs.

But, i need to see if some one can tell me u i can receve the MMS without data ben active?

The Infusion ROM has that. I already put the ro.hw_oom_app=com.android.mms vin the build file, but doesn't work.

Whether on Infusion or any CM, I've never been able to receive MMS without mobile data being enabled.

Edited by joandrade

Guest unaszplodrmann

I already put the ro.hw_oom_app=com.android.mms vin the build file, but doesn't work.

This setting is a relic from GB. Trying to force processes to stay resident in memory via a .prop file, as tillaz does, simply does nothing on ICS.

Whether on Infusion or any CM, I've never been able to receive MMS without mobile data being enabled.

On the stock ROMs, MMS over WiFi is disabled via ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms in the build.prop. If you cannot receive MMS without mobile data enabled on any ROM, then it is simply because your carrier does not allow it.

Guest dynobuco

Hey,

I've been using R5 and nearly everything is alright. But i have a few issues. If you can help me i would appreciate it.

1 - I get no sound in the camera app, locking and unlocking the phone, pressing on apps, etc. (I checked all the volume settings and they are all on max.) I have sound for the dialer, notifications, ringing and other apps. Touchpal also has no sound when pressing on the keyboard. This is not a major issue but is it just me that has these issues? What should i do?

2 - Minor issue but the funny faces feature on the cam recorder does not work.

Everything else works fine until now. I even have a working fm radio. (Spirit Fm).

Thanks.

Guest joandrade

This setting is a relic from GB. Trying to force processes to stay resident in memory via a .prop file, as tillaz does, simply does nothing on ICS.

On the stock ROMs, MMS over WiFi is disabled via ro.config.hw_always_allow_mms in the build.prop. If you cannot receive MMS without mobile data enabled on any ROM, then it is simply because your carrier does not allow it.

Thanks.

what settings do you have enabled ?

What settings are you talking about?

hello, i have a problem with mobile data, some times its not turning on and its working only with opera, chrome and integreted browser is net loading pages. Olso there is a problem with contacts, sometimes, then somebody is calling phone is writeing omly number for a while, and i cant understand who is calling. Can enybody help me solving this problem?

Olso there is a problem with contacts, sometimes, then somebody is calling phone is writeing omly number for a while, and i cant understand who is calling. Can enybody help me solving this problem?

That "caller id lag" seems to be a common problem for some people with some or all RIL/kernels/ROMs. I haven't seen an authoritative fix for it for those who do get it unfortunately...

Guest psionandy

Downloading R6.. Battery statistics still doesn't works?

change log is in OTA downloader... and also on front page of this thread...

I'm downloading now.. Cheers Dazzozo

Guest BrotherII

Change Log:

14/01/2013 - R6

• Updated AudioFilter and enabled noise suppression

• Don't work. Noise remained. Still hear myself, the wind blowing into the microphone, etc.

Guest modacouserr

Change Log:

14/01/2013 - R6

• Updated AudioFilter and enabled noise suppression

• Don't work. Noise remained. Still hear myself, the wind blowing into the microphone, etc.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL About hear yourslef is very usual.

And about wind blowing into mic... damn, that happens in almost EVERY phone.

is there any way posible to get FM RADIO?

Yes. Install Spirit FM radio app from the app store. And plug your headphones in for that antenna but you can listen via the speaker.

In fact a short length of INSULATED wire in the socket can work. So can my finger