[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest paddyponchero

My phone doesn't seem to prefer 3g networks anymore, it used to switch to 3g as soon as the signal was strong enough, now it seems to get stuck on gsm, gprs I have to select the network manually to get 3g even when the signal is blasting.

Any ideas of a way to force it to prefer 3g. On my old samsung there was a service menu I could force it to prefer 3g mode.

Wonderful ROM. Thank you for it.

Only one thing spoils the impression. It is "SILLY FACES" effects in video camera application. They cause an error and the camera stops.

Is it possible to fix this in next version?

I apologize for my English...

hello

I installed R7 two days ago and I found few issues:

- big battery drain comparing with R5 even I'm on wifi or 3g

- the led indicator colour is always white for missed calls, sms or whatsapp messages. I have tried to change it from settings but it is always white even i choose a different color

- always FC on Dropbox when i tap the second option

post-996540-0-93277500-1359316102_thumb.

Guest merchan

So, two weeks earlier I was using R3 and got an amazing 3 days of battery. Did little usage for the first 2 days and then some heavy usage on the last day. I was impressed this phone could get so much from the battery.

Now in the last two releases (R6 and R7) the battery never goes beyond 24 hours even with little usage.

I did not test the new CM10.1 release but looking at the comments it seems the battery is even worse and there are the typical issues or other ones.

I'm back to CM9.1 R3 and will report later about the battery.

But based on my past experiences with CM9 and CM10 releases, CM9.1 R3 from Dazz is the best cyanogenmod stable release ever for this phone with the smoothest experience with all features working (hw acceleration for video playback, all hw working properly) combined with the best battery performance.

Just my opinion :P

Edited by merchan

Guest spicasso

@pain_deluxe:

Thank you very much for your hint - I used the TotalCommander as a File Explorer and with the commander it was not possible to change the sound. So I tried another file explorer and what happend? I am able to use the mp3 ...

So thx again