[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest mr_mufy

Hi.

This rom has the louder in call volume fixed?

- I 'll try the last cm-9-20130712-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip.

Has the auto bright fixed too?

Guest Razor3000

Hi.

This rom has the louder in call volume fixed?

- I 'll try the last cm-9-20130712-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip.

Has the auto bright fixed too?

I have done a call and the volume seems to be ok, auto-brightness seems to be fine.

Guest penthaler

cm9 20130712 is much better now.

- fixed the trouble with "master key" signing (android security problem)

- sound in call is good, but still - volume works partialy. no echo of my own voice...

- autobrightness is ok, but it could take small time after fresh phone boot to light screen up (happend to me when rebooting outdoor)

- font messing still there - but looks like it has something to do with overclocking... My cpu has 1008Mhz and no font mess till this time, when on 1152 - once a day, once a week, once an hour... depends on phone use...

KEEP THE GREAT WORK GUYS! CM ROXXXXS

Guest makayk

Hi guys, can anyone please tell me how do i get back to the official ICS rom ?

I don'know, but the official ICS ROM is unusable. I tried to use this but the phone was very very slow - that was the root reason why I upgraded to alternative ROM

Guest makayk

- fixed the trouble with "master key" signing (android security problem)

- sound in call is good, but still - volume works partialy. no echo of my own voice...

- autobrightness is ok, but it could take small time after fresh phone boot to light screen up (happend to me when rebooting outdoor)

- font messing still there - but looks like it has something to do with overclocking... My cpu has 1008Mhz and no font mess till this time, when on 1152 - once a day, once a week, once an hour... depends on phone use...

KEEP THE GREAT WORK GUYS! CM ROXXXXS

Sounds good!!!! :) I am using EXPERIMENTAL yet. The only problem is for me the auto brightness. If the newest release will be transormed to EXPERIMENTAL then I will upgrade.

Guest penthaler

But many bugs still the same - since experimental version ->

-> like this one

WIFI - GPRS bug when switching to GPRS it cannot start (no E/EDGE/3G icon, disabled data, although in settings is data enabled all the time)

(happend only sometimes, not everytime...) xD

but yeah, it is getting much better with each new update. Using it around 30 days in a row and dont want to get back to stock ROM -> with experimental I migrate back to stock ICS after two days!

makayk - I dont understand you can run on that outdated version xD

Edited by penthaler

Guest pcandy

Sorry to bother everyone - I've done a search and can't find the answer - where is the fastboot option within settings menu. Thanks.

Guest makayk

experimental is completly outdated.

Has more bugs then nightly

Allright :)

I have problem with only the brightness and caller ID - stored name lag

The question is for all: can I upgrade from lates EXPERIMENT(cm-9-20130428-EXPERIMENTAL) to latest NIGHTLY without reinstall applications?

Edited by makayk

Guest penthaler

Yeah, absolutly. but it is recomended to backup all apps via titanium backup or similar app, and make full wipe before/after updating...

and of course recover those backups of apps you made...

Guest makayk

Yeah, absolutly. but it is recomended to backup all apps via titanium backup or similar app, and make full wipe before/after updating...

and of course recover those backups of apps you made...

OK, thanks for tipp :)

I made clean install and I started to restore apps with Titanium.

Now I using the latest version of NIGHTLY....let's see.....

Guest predragiPredrag

well I installed it and I cant test is because when phone boots it says that "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped".

Try with different gapps.

Guest x80jdc
Hello all..

I have gone back to cm9.1 after testing cm10.1 for a while.

I flashed nightly 05/07 following a reset

- I still have the call volume sound fluctuate, some are reporting this is fixed.

- Streaming media to my Bluetooth car stereo keeps losing the sound... example... jango plays through all of first song, second song starts playing but no sound heard. Calls are not affected at any point with sound being played through car speakers. This was not experienced on 10.1 any ideas what this could be down to?... Possible fix?

Would appreciate your views : )

Have tried the latest build 19/07/2013. I still have issue on this rom streaming music to Bluetooth stereo. Daz.. Is there any info I can provide to look at possible fix? Apart from this, it is perfect for everyday use.

Guest predragiPredrag

I have this problem on cm9 20130719.. Can we just use settings from original ICS Huawei rom, or libs for volume??

Is that even possible? Because it is strange that in call volume and clarity is ongoing issue.

p.s. Restarting the phone after you set volume puts in call volume in position you want. It is bad solution, but it works :)

Also if Daz can make call quality like in Baidu rom, or stock than we would have all rounder :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest penthaler

predragiPredrag - CM9 is not based on stock ROM and I think, that it is not based on huawei either.

If you want to use call volume, you dont have to restart phone -> just make a call, press vol- to lowest and after that once or twice pressing vol+ will be the one you will like.

DAZZAZO - could you tell cyanogenmod developers, that "phone font messing" must be really linked to overclocking? After a week of using default max frequency (1008) I dont see any font mess. Yesterday overclocked to 1152Mhz and after few hours font mess back again xD

Guest hippy dave

The text corruption definitely used to happen to me at stock clock speed, only once in a while but it definitely happened.

Guest predragiPredrag

predragiPredrag - CM9 is not based on stock ROM and I think, that it is not based on huawei either.

If you want to use call volume, you dont have to restart phone -> just make a call, press vol- to lowest and after that once or twice pressing vol+ will be the one you will like.

I know it is not based on stock rom ;) I just wanted to know is it possible to use sound settings, because in Viber/Skype in call quality/loudness is perfect.

There are only issues with call quality/loudness in standard phone app. Yes the quality is better than in older versions but it is still not god as stoc eom.

And lowering volume to lowest and that to higher steps didn't increase volume...volume staid low..

Guest makayk

how do i switch from experimental to nightly? just download and load the ROM in CWM? will it delete data/apps etc?

I tried the upgrade but some app frozed after this process.

My steps:

1. create backup with Titanium Backup (backup all app and all data)

2. restart phone and start recovery menu

3. factory reset

4. install new firmware, Google app and Link2SD

5. set up Wifi/3G, login with your Google account

6. Install Titanium from Play Market (and nothing else)

7. Configure Link2SD to automatically create links for apps (you can use the 2GB storage too)

8. restore backup with Titanium: restore all application and their data

9. restore Market links with Titanium: Market Doctor

10. restore Android ID with Titanium (optional)

Guest penthaler

Some apps "frozed"? Do you mean stop working, right?

Did you install GAPPS?

Why do you install Link2SD? It is unnecessary app, dont see any point of using it, when STOCK and CM ROMs both could use msd as primary memory

What version of TB u use?

Some apps could have bad backup files, try to recover them from TB with data and if it doesnt help, delete them, download and install from GP (market) and recover only their data.

Restoring market links? WTF?! That is absolutly useless. Your device is registered to your account and any app you download direct from GP is linked to your account (email). So you can only recover them via TB or only install from unofficial source...

Restoring Android ID - ok, should be the next problem of it, but should prevent those troubles... Did it only once, since that time restoring and flashing many times without "restoring" or "changing" Android ID...

I think that the main thing which damage some of your apps is STEP 7 - Configuring that link2sd. 2GB storage you can use for backups or anything or only as a "usb flash disc" only...