Insufficent Storage - Can someone explain

Guest kiteboywales

Guest kiteboywales

Hi all

Im new to Android and have upgraded the G300 to stock ICS firmware

Ive put in a 32gb SDcard

Now my issue is it seems I always seem to get the message of insufficient storage - the apps cant update themselves

Ive set the default storage to be the 32gb card

But when I look in the APPS menu the Downloaded section shows as nearly full - around 50mb free or so

Ive moved some of those apps to the SDcard - not sure if that does anything at all as the apps are still showing in the download section anyway

Can someone explain - doesnt make sense to me at the moment - what can I do?

Guest Dellboy2012

I assume your phone is not rooted, so I'd suggest using link2sd or app2sd programsto move apps to sd. Anyway, you should see the difference in amount of free memory in download section at the bottom.

Guest kiteboywales

I assume your phone is not rooted, so I'd suggest using link2sd or app2sd programsto move apps to sd. Anyway, you should see the difference in amount of free memory in download section at the bottom.

Ive just updated to a new rom and it is rooted now - created 2nd partition on sdcard and set link2d as auto - should I set the default install location to sd too????

Guest holtend

Did you create an ext3 or ext4 partition?

If so open links2sd and it should ask you how it was formatted, then it will create some script and ask you to reboot.

You can then open the app again and you should be able to link any apps you want...be careful moving system apps though.

As for choosing internal or external its up to you.

1 other thing to try is downloading apps2sd and that wi

l show you the apps that can be moved natively( no root needed)

Guest Dellboy2012

Ive just updated to a new rom and it is rooted now - created 2nd partition on sdcard and set link2d as auto - should I set the default install location to sd too????

What rom are you on?

If still on stock ICS, try this:

It will use your internal 2GB for storing apps, which is great cause it is faster memory than external and not used otherways.

Edited by Dellboy2012