jellybean project butter

Guest peetu20

Guest Snap.IT

No vsync is unlikely to work on the Blade unless someone manages to port a 3.0 kernel. Any takers?

I can port it with the available drivers but i don't see the point, there is nothing in it that would fix anything since we still don't have the proper drivers to work with.

Vsync will not matter ONE BIT on this hardware though, it would slow everything down and make it more choppy if anything, as it is vsync actually does work because it doesn't chop at vsync levels but i'll tell you what, you get the interface up to min 60fps and i'll vsync it for you.

Guest Snap.IT

well, so whats the problem? ^^

The problem is that he doesn't port anything, he uses old versions and changes the version numbers, in his latest CyanMobileX he says he's using 2.3.8 sources which don't exist and his kernel number is 3.33.33.33 but in reality he is using CM7.2 which is based on 2.3.7 with a 2.6.35 kernel.

He's just making s*** up and hoping that people will fall for it, there is a reason why he left XDA and then MadTEAM and now he's annoying other forums with his crap.

Guest Ganster

I can port it with the available drivers but i don't see the point, there is nothing in it that would fix anything since we still don't have the proper drivers to work with.

Vsync will not matter ONE BIT on this hardware though, it would slow everything down and make it more choppy if anything, as it is vsync actually does work because it doesn't chop at vsync levels but i'll tell you what, you get the interface up to min 60fps and i'll vsync it for you.

Vsynk not only slowdown screen updates, it synchronize its. Without it we can't use right hardware composer, and can't take really fast interface.

Guest jventura

Snap.it,

I've surfed a bit in the zte-kernel although haven't ever touched anything in the kernel, except adding printfs once or twice in the g-sensor driver. You seem to know more about kernels! Could you just explain fast or point to some resource for how could someone port a 3.x kernel for the zte blade? Would we have to get a linux generic kernel and start from there? Or a 3.x kernel from a nexus 4 or something like that and start from there? What would the main problems, drivers?

If the thing is doable, i would probably take to chance to dive in so I could learn a little bit more about the kernel, since I've never messed with it.. It would be a pet project, lets put it that way.. :)

Thanks,

João Ventura

if its related to MDP version number as konstat said in his thread..we have 2 devices htc desire and nexus one with same gpu running the vsync..its software vsync though..

Guest habbo45

if its related to MDP version number as konstat said in his thread..we have 2 devices htc desire and nexus one with same gpu running the vsync..its software vsync though..

same CPU. not same processor.