How Do I Unlock My Rooted Phone?

Guest beautifulily

Guest beautifulily

My boyfriend and I rooted my phone a couple of weeks ago, but now I want to properly unlock it and switch networks, because Orange/EE, frankly, is doing my head in. Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm not sure whether I can use other unlocking guides or not, because they assume that the phone's still locked on Orange, when mine doesn't seem to be ... but it's not quite unlocked, either (sim cards from other networks don't seem to work on it).

I don't know what we did to my phone, actually. We just rooted it and then installed CM9 and ICS (which, by the way, is fantastic).

Can I follow normal guides if I want to unlock my phone? Many thanks!

Guest AmbushReality
My boyfriend and I rooted my phone a couple of weeks ago, but now I want to properly unlock it and switch networks, because Orange/EE, frankly, is doing my head in. Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm not sure whether I can use other unlocking guides or not, because they assume that the phone's still locked on Orange, when mine doesn't seem to be ... but it's not quite unlocked, either (sim cards from other networks don't seem to work on it).

I don't know what we did to my phone, actually. We just rooted it and then installed CM9 and ICS (which, by the way, is fantastic).

Can I follow normal guides if I want to unlock my phone? Many thanks!

Didn't you break one of these a while ago?

Guest beautifulily

Didn't you break one of these a while ago?

Oh, God. Blushing. Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I did, but I broke it so well that I was able to go to Orange and get a replacement. I told them the phone was faulty and they ran a diagnostic and found it was.

Flash a stock ROM or TPT which will replace the recovery back to FTM then you're good to go.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Unlocking is the process of allowing other sim cards to work on different networks, so if other sim cards don't work the phone is locked.

You can use any guide for the crescent, I used this one.

The most important process is making sure you make a backup of your .qcn file using QPST. Because later on you will need to restore it.

If you already have a custom rom installed and want to unlock, before you do anything else just install one of the standard stock (as you bought it roms) such as the ones listed here.

Make sure you install the rom correct for your device, Vivacity, SFII etc