Advent Vega won't recognise usb memory stick

Guest ifm

Hello

I recently bought and advent vega which is loaded with vegacream RC2 kernel 3.1.10-VegaCream.

It has shuttle tools so I can change the USB to host mode. When in host mode the tablet will recognise my usb keyboard and mouse but it will not recognise my usb memory stick. I use a hub for the keyboard and mouse but whether I use the hub for the usb stick or not makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Thx

Guest GedBlake

Hello

I recently bought and advent vega which is loaded with vegacream RC2 kernel 3.1.10-VegaCream.

It has shuttle tools so I can change the USB to host mode. When in host mode the tablet will recognise my usb keyboard and mouse but it will not recognise my usb memory stick. I use a hub for the keyboard and mouse but whether I use the hub for the usb stick or not makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Thx

Hi, ifm...

I'm currently running VegaBean Beta6, and I've had this problem myself for quite a while now... memory stick not being recognized, even while my Vega is in HOST mode...

It occurred to me recently, that external storage needs to be MOUNTED before it becomes available to Android. So, with this in mind, in VegaBean, I went into...

- Settings

-- Storage

And found my INTERNAL STORAGE and SD CARD details with current usage stats/bar charts etc...

...and 5 slots for USB STORAGE...

With my USB stick plugged in, and my Vega in HOST mode... the first slot was 'lit up' with 'MOUNT SD CARD' as a suggestion.

So I did! ...by clicking on it's suggestion (although for some bizarre reason, I had to click twice)...

And it MOUNTED it... my USB stick was now available to VegaBean.

It's PATH is /mnt/usbdisk (usbdisk).

Although for some other equally bizarre reason, the stick is MOUNTED as READ-ONLY, meaning I can't copy-to, move-to or in any way modify files already on it. I can copy files from it, though ...

-----

I haven't run VegaCream on my Vega for many months now, so I'm a little vague about it's finer nuances...

...but have a poke around in Settings > Storage, and see if you can find an option for MOUNTING an SD CARD/USB MEMORY STICK. Make sure the stick is in, and you have HOST set .

If you are successful, don't forget to reverse the process before removing the stick... ie., UNMOUNT.

GED.

• 8 months later...