Phone will not start up - how to unbrick?

Guest ahsgd1

Guest krangasmatron

One more G300 is dead! Not powering on, no led when charging, phone is dead. I have cm recovery and tesla rom on it. I have varanty but I installed custom rom. Is there anything I can do to be sure that service can't see custom rom. Maybe kill dead phone with some high voltage or something?

Guest sharkyo01

One more G300 is dead! Not powering on, no led when charging, phone is dead. I have cm recovery and tesla rom on it. I have varanty but I installed custom rom. Is there anything I can do to be sure that service can't see custom rom. Maybe kill dead phone with some high voltage or something?

I was you just play dumb... What do you mean custom rom... What do you mean by rooted my phone and ooo what is custom recovery...

Chances are if it is not booting up for you there will not be able to get any information off the phone. So will just swap the motherboard around with a new one at guess.

Also how old is the phone?

Edited by sharkyo01

• 2 months later...
Guest Keshavkrs

i cant believe i am the next in this club last night i just rebooted the phone it was running perfectly fine but after the phone switched off it didn't came back and i'm just out of warranty  so guys just a warning this device can stab you in the back anytime...:(

BTW anyone here with the same problem know how much it might cost me to get it repaired at huawei centre...thanks...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest King Conrad

Hi all. I'm also in the club. I have some extra info though. Just before mine died it said that the OS had encrypted. This was not the case. I'd never encrypted it. It said I'd need to wipe Android. I did. Then the next morning it was dead. No power, boot, logo, nothing. It's been charging for 24+ hours and it's just dead. The strange message may not be related. I just thought it might be worth noting. I had a stable baidu Rom running. I originally got my phone from Vodafone when they first came out. Anyway, I'll try to get it fixed.

Edited by King Conrad

Guest george109

i cant believe i am the next in this club last night i just rebooted the phone it was running perfectly fine but after the phone switched off it didn't came back and i'm just out of warranty  so guys just a warning this device can stab you in the back anytime... :(

BTW anyone here with the same problem know how much it might cost me to get it repaired at huawei centre...thanks...

Hi all. I'm also in the club. I have some extra info though. Just before mine died it said that the OS had encrypted. This was not the case. I'd never encrypted it. It said I'd need to wipe Android. I did. Then the next morning it was dead. No power, boot, logo, nothing. It's been charging for 24+ hours and it's just dead. The strange message may not be related. I just thought it might be worth noting. I had a stable baidu Rom running. I originally got my phone from Vodafone when they first came out. Anyway, I'll try to get it fixed.

You know that the warranty is 24 months or 2 years. It was released in May 2012, so you still have 6 months left if you got it when it first came out! :D

Edited by george109

Guest King Conrad
You know that the warranty is 24 months or 2 years. It was released in May 2012, so you still have 6 months left if you got it when it first came out! :D
Yes. It's lucky it has that. Thanks for the reminder. Do I just call them? Do you know if they're fixing or replacing the phones? My G300 is very warn out. I wonder if I'll get a new one. Thanks again. Edited by King Conrad

Guest Saparasa

Hi, mine has also completely died this morning. Was fine at 7am, fell back to sleep and at 10 it's not doing anything.
Had it on charge for over an hour and it did the "installing device software" thing on windows then failed...
I'm not sure who to contact now though, it's modded (I can't remember what though, changed it so many times).
Should I call Vodafone, who I purchased it from in store August last year, or Huawei?
I wouldn't mind a refund or replacement tbh, it's so scratched!

Edit: Oh weird! After leaving it to charge for 2 hours it now boots up :D Kinda wanted a new one though...
Edit2: Never mind it turned itself off, while charging still...
Edit3: Ok, if I leave it charging without the battery in, then turn it on, it turns on but couldn't connect to a network. I put in the battery and it stayed on for a few seconds
then it went onto a black screen... It's screwed isn't it?
Edit4: Now it crashes when charging with no battery in as well, stayed on for a minute then black screen.

Edited by Saparasa

Guest george109

Hi, mine has also completely died this morning. Was fine at 7am, fell back to sleep and at 10 it's not doing anything.

Had it on charge for over an hour and it did the "installing device software" thing on windows then failed...

I'm not sure who to contact now though, it's modded (I can't remember what though, changed it so many times).

Should I call Vodafone, who I purchased it from in store August last year, or Huawei?

I wouldn't mind a refund or replacement tbh, it's so scratched!

Edit: Oh weird! After leaving it to charge for 2 hours it now boots up :D Kinda wanted a new one though...

Edit2: Never mind it turned itself off, while charging still...

Edit3: Ok, if I leave it charging without the battery in, then turn it on, it turns on but couldn't connect to a network. I put in the battery and it stayed on for a few seconds

then it went onto a black screen... It's screwed isn't it?

Edit4: Now it crashes when charging with no battery in as well, stayed on for a minute then black screen.

If its dead, click the large link in my signature and read the 1st post. This will tell you how to get a repair from Huawei - you have 24 months warranty, and it can be modded, as they do not check as the whole thing is dead.

Guest amkiller

Same thing happened to me today :(.

The phone worked perfectly fine this morning (the alarm woke me up!) only I forgot to take it to work with me and so it was left in my room all day. When I came home tonight it was completely dead and doesn't appear to charge. My room was pretty cold when I went into it tonight (below 15'c) so I wonder if it's something to do with condensation?

If I plug it into my PC the usb does try and connect (though I'm missing the Qualicom driver) but that's it.

Edited by amkiller

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amkiller

Same thing happened to me today :(.

The phone worked perfectly fine this morning (the alarm woke me up!) only I forgot to take it to work with me and so it was left in my room all day. When I came home tonight it was completely dead and doesn't appear to charge. My room was pretty cold when I went into it tonight (below 15'c) so I wonder if it's something to do with condensation?

If I plug it into my PC the usb does try and connect (though I'm missing the Qualicom driver) but that's it.

Sent it back to Huawei (Anovo Repair Centre) and they've replaced the motherboard. They didn't even re-root it for me! :(. So I've lost all my internal memory it seems too, yay.

The battery they sent back with it looks like it's covered in tipex as well.

Oh well, least they fixed it - pretty quick turnaround too.

Edited by amkiller

Guest amkiller
127|root@android:/ # cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name
SJS00M
root@android:/ #

Samsung :).

Not sure what I had before. I was running stock+ ROM rather than Cyanogen which most people seemed to have this issue with?

Quite a few G300s have bricked spontaneously even without running CM10.2/3.4 kernel etc.

But in many cases people don't know what eMMC they had.

There's a suspicion that they may have been mostly or all Hynix eMMC based.

The suspicion is that Hynix eMMC based G300s are inherently at risk of bricking.

Specific versions (now removed) of CM10.2/3.4 kernel may have accelerated this but nobody really knows.

The current CM 10.2/3.4 kernel is no more risky on Hynix based G300s than anything else as far as I know.

But the hypothesis remains that the Hynix G300s may be living on borrowed time.

Edited by dalyer

Guest amkiller

Cool, cheers for clarifying it :). Now I have to decide which rom to switch to then, may very well be Cyanogen.

Hopefully the Y300's don't have this problem. I've already ordered (and set-up) 26 of them to run a business app I wrote for our companies drivers :unsure:.

• 3 weeks later...

Sent it back to Huawei (Anovo Repair Centre) and they've replaced the motherboard. They didn't even re-root it for me! :(. So I've lost all my internal memory it seems too, yay.

The battery they sent back with it looks like it's covered in tipex as well.

Oh well, least they fixed it - pretty quick turnaround too.

Hi all,

I had sort of the same issue: using CM 9.1 for quite some times with no issues at all. Lost the phone for some days which ran totally out of battery. Tried to load it from computer and adapter with no luck... After some readings I understood that Li-Ion could die if below a certain voltage for some time and so decided to buy a new battery. Unfortunately that did not help since the phone does not recharge either. It is no even trying to boot, just remains totally black... Tried to boot to recovery with no sucess either...

Just wanted to check if anybody had a solution/workaround before it sent it to repair.

Thanks for any feedback

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thirdian

Hello, I just joined this club!
My phone died today. First it came with a freeze of everything( making me pull off the battery and re switching ON just for 2-3 minutes) and then it went OFF absolutely with no chance of something to work(buttons, touch,screen,LED everything...).I had CWM an CM9.1(latest CM9) and no problem at all (I was very happy using this phone by the way).It died.It pissed me OFF.I 've let it charging.If something is going to change I will inform you but this moment I will go for a walk, I think is better than waiting for a brick to say something...:P