Help get rid of b926

Guest Edgmal

Hello MoDaCo and people,

I now curse that day, when i installed chinese b926 on my huawei g300 u8815. I was hoping i will be able move on after i try this version as i bought my phone with b885 then updated to 927 with middle update and then straight to 934 with succesd. Then with no fails and middle package i dowgraded to try b926 as hopping go back again. You know its in our nation to try everything.

I tried using cwm install 927 zip and then overwrite all with original b927, but that went as failure.Thinking that you can reupdate same versions easily.

I know some of you had similar problems, i hope you share and help me get rid of 926 the u8818 version and get back to original u8815 versions. I still want to avoid bricking my phone. And question, what prevents 926 for being updated with official .app of other versions?

Thank you, sincerelly Ed.

Edited by Edgmal

Guest grabster

Last week I went from 926 to 936 using the repacked Official update from cyda, no problem at all.

Now running infusion b07.

Edited by grabster

Guest Davidoff59

Grabster, you are still effectively on B926 though as that's what your base is. Your radio firmware etc is B926 which s good really as it has faster upload speeds than any other update released by Huawei.

Huawei includes a list of firmware that is upgradeable in their flashing script. All the leaks are not on their scripts as they were never meant to be released so no updates.

I am on the 926 base also and am running CM9 RC5 an its running great. This is the future, not Huawei updates.

Guest MrPuddington
I now curse that day, when i installed chinese b926 on my huawei g300 u8815.

I guess the best option is to restore your original IMEI, and then downgrade with the official downgrade package. Then you can install the OTA updates up to B952 if you like.

On the other hand you could just go with CM9, it is much better done than the official software.

Guest Davidoff59

Pretty sure radio firmware is off limits to us unless we have the Huawei signing keys.

Dazzozo is still on 926 base himself.

Oh btw, B926 was for the U8818, still got it on my computer. So to get off that officially, you would need a newer official U8818 rom.

Guest Hogweed

Just wondering... Someone in Australia managed to finally solve the (lack of) 3G problem that has come up numerous times for Australian users upgrading ROMs. Their solution used the DFS tool to switch expected frequencies. That made me wonder if the HSUPA setiing might also be enabled in ROMs other than B926 using the DFS tool, Might be worth someone having a poke around?

Edited by Hogweed

I guess the best option is to restore your original IMEI, and then downgrade with the official downgrade package. Then you can install the OTA updates up to B952 if you like.

On the other hand you could just go with CM9, it is much better done than the official software.

What you mean restore original imei? I havent tiuched imei at all and its stays original as it stayed.