Hot phones from Asia?

Guest Matt Taylor

Guest Matt Taylor

Hello,

I've a T-mobile pulse and it generally serves me well but I'm a little fed up of its small memory, old software version 2.x which means I can't install some apps and inability to tether anything to it.

I know I could root it and mess about with this and that but I'm reluctant to do so.

I'd rather just upgrade the phone to something not too expensive, I was thinking a Galaxy S2.

I did see a post on a site like redferret.net or gizmag.com which compared about 5 hot Android phones in from Asia.

I can't find the article now but it was basically a load of unknown (here) manufacturers producing some good stuff.

Does anybody know of any sources or have advice about getting a good phone at a better price from such a source?

Thanks, Matt

Guest Matt Taylor

I ordered a Jiayu G3 from uredeal.com just to give it a whirl. Just need to sell the G300 when it arrives.

Thanks, that's the sort of info I was looking for. :-)

That G3 looks like their most popular phone.

How about support for these things? If it's not main-stream is it difficult to find?

Cheers, Matt

Guest reganlives

I ordered a Jiayu G3 as well and just waiting for it to arrive. Support is apparently a standard 12month warranty but if they would stick to that I dont know.

Guest Matt Taylor

I'm pretty excited about the Jiayu G3 myself now that I have seen it.

I'm probably going to order it myself come January.

Information seems a little sketchy with people saying they are changing the spec regarding to screen & use of the gorilla glass.

Seems a bit pot luck what you'll end up with.

Where are you ordering fro reganlives?

Guest reganlives

I ordered it from www.uredeal.com. Seems like a lot of people have ordered it from there and they are the most reliable site I think as they also send sample phones to magazines for testing and I havent had any issues with comms either. They have replied to every email of mine within 24hrs.

Guest reganlives

None supporting it yet I think but hopefully someone will soon. Would be good to get custom roms etc.

Is it possible to take a rom dump from an android phone though as a backup?

they seem to be getting lot of complaints on their sales comments section (on the same page they sell the phone... crazy), but well it lloks like they have "overflowed" with ordered and cant handle the demand nexus 4 any one.. anyway stuff the nexus 4 they have great deals on here.. let me know how it goes guys... i saw this was kind of in love... s3 much? but still specs.. 5.3" screen, 1 gb ram, 1 ghz dual core £150! http://www.uredeal.com/hero-h9500-smart-phone-mtk6577-1gb-ram-53-inch-ips-screen-android-40-3g-gps-wifi-white_g426.html

Guest reganlives

I know what you mean about the complaints but I havent had any issues. It seems like people have thought that they'll post in the "reviews" area rather than emailing and even then they havent been straight forward. I do think however that they are struggling with demand therefore as you would expect some people are getting angry...