[B2G] Firefox OS for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 06/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest blatny93

And it's actually very attractive, plain and simple if a bit raw - it's also obviously economical on resources; as long as Mozilla doesn't attempt to pile complexity upon it this could be a very important step forward, not just for us, but for the phone makers themselves - as we know the other OS's have their limitations - the complexity and resource hunger of Android, the proprietorianess of IOS, the death of Symbian etc - as usual, there are many who are decrying this already but I expect I am right in thinking this will have a pretty big future.

Guest blatny93

And camera is black and white - gallery looks good at first but reminds of s60 with the the time it takes to load, though once it does it displays pictures beautifully, capturing all the detail. It can't read the battery state, to correct myself but is that hardware, our hardware, specific? So if you leave it to sleep to long it turns itself off because it thinks the battery is dead! The web is excellent - better than any I've used. I'll send a report to Mozilla.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Roignac

For those who can't wait for new version - you can now build it yourself (thanks Daz):

git clone git://github.com/Dazzozo/B2G.git

cd B2G

./config.sh ascend-g300

./build.sh

Reboot phone to fastboot mode and run

./flash.sh

Guest raverrr

Yeah, you have to fastboot it. It'll work fine if you do, but B2G doesn't produce a zip atm.

(probably advisable to do fastboot erase cache too)

Any change log?

Guest raverrr

Fastboot commands:

fastboot erase cache

fastboot flash userdata /path/to/the/userdata.img

fastboot flash system /path/to/the/system.img

fastboot flash boot /path/to/the/boot.img

fastboot reboot

ROM is smooth and good looking but things are to small including the text. Can't wait to see where this is going :)