[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest 2345lug

Thank you Daz for you rom's. I have freeze too in the end of incoming call. I don't pull battery, phone rebooted after 1 minute of freeze.

cm10 r4.

Sorry my bad english.

Guest mothership

Thanks Dazzozo, awesome work and a better ROM. The only thing I miss is the 3rd camera (like Barcode, Instagram, G.Goggles etc.), but I believe and hope you will fix it as soon as possible!

btw) I used the previous version before that one, so I downloaded the latest and tried to install it, but in CWM it went wrong (just a warning pic.), so I had to wipe and reflash the phone. Anything similar hasn't happened yet.

Edited by mothership

Guest Loko_asdfasdf

Gallery settings don't work for me ... Didn't work in R3 too :) Not a big deal, just noticed it :)

Also it doesn't work in R2.

After trying to update to R4 with the instructions in the first post (wipe data, install from sd...) The phone always freeze in the cyanogen screen :/

Right now I'm using R3 and seems it works fine.

Guest Hoggonator

Thanks for R4 (and 3,2,1 and CM9 etc...)

I am experiencing random freezes that require a battery pull here. Initially I installed over R3 but after a couple of freezes I went for the whole wipe/format reinstall approach but I am still getting them.

I would guess that if no one else is then it is probably my phone though :(

I am restoring R3 now as that was fine and I never had any freezes. If that works fine at least it will eliminate my phone from the equation.

On a second point... I have a 16 GIG Sandisk (genuine from Amazon) in the phone - it seems to take a while for the phone to check for errors on it when I boot. Will time it but I would estimate a good 15/20 seconds - I would say it is about 1/3 full max. Does anyone else suffer from this

Guest Higgy69

I am restoring R3 now as that was fine and I never had any freezes. If that works fine at least it will eliminate my phone from the equation.

On a second point... I have a 16 GIG Sandisk (genuine from Amazon) in the phone - it seems to take a while for the phone to check for errors on it when I boot. Will time it but I would estimate a good 15/20 seconds - I would say it is about 1/3 full max. Does anyone else suffer from this

I have Sandisk 16GB Class 4 and have not had an issue. The card lives in the phone. All writing is done via USB.

How about putting it into your PC and scan for errors?

Guest hellfire191

since the update to r4 I haven't been able to download anything on any browsers(from file sharing sites)

I did not used to have this problem on r2 so does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem?

BTW great work dazzozo, I look forward to future updates.

Guest Hoggonator

I have Sandisk 16GB Class 4 and have not had an issue. The card lives in the phone. All writing is done via USB.

How about putting it into your PC and scan for errors?

Same here - lives in phone and never comes out. No errors reported and PC says fine.... how long does yours take to check?

R3 not frozen yet :)

ETA - Now getting this nice picture when USB linked - phone works fine though ???

post-987570-0-03618100-1358527940.jpg

And I can use windows explorer and see the files (CWM backups) on there.

CWM will currently not let me back up to internal storage though.

Edited by Hoggonator

Guest Coffer52

iPhone 4s: £450

Huawei Ascend G300: £99o

What do you expect? Go try a Galaxy S3 and you might change your mind, its better than the iPhone by miles.

Was going to say all of the above but any numpty who compares g300 with an Iphone 4 doesn't deserve a response, lol!

Guest pepdavies

Thanks Daz, I've come back to this rom now most of the bugs have been ironed out. The only problem I've had so far is the call audio quality. It's almost impossible to understand the caller. I don't make many calls so maybe there is a setting I should change?

Guest TangerineTractor

Same here - lives in phone and never comes out. No errors reported and PC says fine.... how long does yours take to check?

R3 not frozen yet :)

I have a Sandisk 16gb Class 10.. Takes a minute or so on booting... might do a cleardown and reformat on the PC, but I don't see it as a huge issue - it all works, and I don't intend to reboot the phone that often!

I have a Sandisk 16gb Class 10.. Takes a minute or so on booting... might do a cleardown and reformat on the PC, but I don't see it as a huge issue - it all works, and I don't intend to reboot the phone that often!

I've got a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 but it only takes a few seconds to check on booting. Its only currently got about 4gb of data on it though. I reformatted it in CWM before installing CM R4.

Guest Higgy69

Regarding 'Google Now' - silent voice, it looks like it was a problem Google's end:

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-now-apparently-giving-silent-treatment-morning

We've heard from a few folks this morning saying that Google Now apparent has gone quiet, refusing to verbally answer any of the usual questions. We're seeing it, too. Asking "What's the weather like today?" produces results, but you don't get that sultry voice. Probably just a server-side thing (OK, obvious a server-side thing), and we'd expect it to be fixed. But, no, it's not just you that Google Now is giving the silent treatment to.

Guest matthewfrosty

Can you explain how you fix it? I´m having the same problem...

Sorry for the late reply but i simply took the battery out and left it a bit, booted back into CWM, carried out all the usual wipes and then installed the ROM

Regarding 'Google Now' - silent voice, it looks like it was a problem Google's end:

http://www.androidce...eatment-morning

We've heard from a few folks this morning saying that Google Now apparent has gone quiet, refusing to verbally answer any of the usual questions. We're seeing it, too. Asking "What's the weather like today?" produces results, but you don't get that sultry voice. Probably just a server-side thing (OK, obvious a server-side thing), and we'd expect it to be fixed. But, no, it's not just you that Google Now is giving the silent treatment to.

Its working again now. Did it used to have an English voice? I'm only getting replies in American now even though all my settings are English (UK).

Edited by Guest

Guest Higgy69

I have had English voice, but not sure if that was with Infusion or on my Tablet. I only jumped onto CM10 when R3 was released and I am pretty sure I only has been American.

Guest Torwori

Anyone else having problems with in-call sound? Seems like it's too loud, even on minimum volume (and there's echo too).

Updated via OTA to the latest version.

Other than that, everything else seems great, excellent job! :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I've got a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 but it only takes a few seconds to check on booting. Its only currently got about 4gb of data on it though. I reformatted it in CWM before installing CM R4.

I have the same card ,but with 20gb data on it.Takes a good minute for the disk symbol to go out after a reboot- phone is usable in a few seconds tho ( except for the gallery widget )

Hardly ever reboot so not a problem for me,i ought to clean the card up a bit tho as a large part of the total is just cwm backups

Guest merchan

The cause for this is simple. It takes too long to check the card because there are too many directories/files in it to check.

This issue also happened to me. The trouble maker of so many directories/files is the new backup format from cwm6. It's better because it uses less space than the old cmw but it creates thousands of directories/files to do it and makes the check for errors on boot for the sdcard pretty slow.

To solve this, I changed the backup format to "tar" and removed all the cwm backups. It takes a lot of sdcard space (one backup took 1GB) but it doesn't create hundreds or thousands of files.

The cwm dev team should bring back the backup format from older versions. :(

Edited by merchan

Guest BillBong

Did an OTA update from R2 and seems good and responsive so far.

The one thing I've noticed so far so is that screen brightness is very bright even though it's set to Auto.So if I cover the sensor or leave it, there's no change in the screen brightness. I've tried taking it off Auto and manually sliding it to a lower setting but as soon as I put it on back on Auto, it goes very bright and doesn't respond to environmental light changes. It worked OK on R2.

Guest moodoop

感谢Dazzozo,非常感谢,同时希望能够继续优化相机的拍照速度,多谢了!

Thank Dazzozo, thank you very much, at the same time want to be able to continue to optimize the camera speed camera, thank you!

Guest denzele

Updateed to r4 sort of..never past cyanogen logo freezes and then goes back to huawei logo and stays there forever..back to r3 works like a charm...thanks dazzozo you're bloody legend mate....

Guest wouterbeer

I've been on CM9 for ages now and it works perfectly for me; no bugs at all for me. The bug reports for CM10 I find here were keeping me off trying it; but now with R4 I think it's getting more stable and I want to give it a try.

One small question though: can I just OTA update from CM9 to CM10 and everything (should) be fine? I don't get how the JB gapps will be installed in this way or are they somehow included in the OTA update?

Edit: Never mind; just read through the first posts on page one and people report it should work fine (although still no clue how gapps will be updated?)

Edited by wouterbeer