Guest Dazzozo

Guest joandrade

On B952 VF UK

1, Rooted

2, Back up IMEI

3, Rooted again

4, Bootloader unlock

5, ClockworkMod Recovery Installed

How to back up B952? In case i have to send phone back for warranty issue so i can reinstall B952.

all done till this point now ready to install CM10 but after reading about bugs, I think i should wait few days until most of bugs are fixed.

Thanks Dazz for CM10 and all the help.

To backup, simply open CWM, select "Backup & Restore", and Backup to a storage device of your choice.

Guest BadarChaudhry

To backup, simply open CWM, select "Backup & Restore", and Backup to a storage device of your choice.

Opening CWM? u mean restarting with Volume up and power button after battery out for 10 sec?

Guest Modifoid

updated OTA went great, flashed gapps, still had to reinstall some apps like facebook because they were crashing,

some bugs:

-panorama mode not working properly

-some freezes (froze in dead trigger)

-can't see my sdcard, not even in file explorer, but the apps in it still work somehow

-no notification bar

that's all for now, thanks dazz for the awesome work!!

Can't see my sdcard either, after preparing the card it says it's damaged. Doesn't show up in Windows Explorer either. It's a PNY 32GB and it's fine on CM9

Guest joandrade

Opening CWM? u mean restarting with Volume up and power button after battery out for 10 sec?

Exactly. You can also Reboot to Recovery in certain ROM's, but the vol up + power button method is always available.

Guest blademaster123

so after a day of normal use its been pretty great, just a few things that i've encountered

• juddery scolling in chrome
  • swiftkey 3 does not work well, they keyboard will disappear but its still possible to type
  • had some random freezes
  • Notification bar mostly works, just sometimes it has frozen
  • not so much a bug but something ive missed, the ability to use the lock slider and then a pattern unlock, this was possible in CM9.1

However these a not phone breaking and easily can be used as a daily driver, well done Daz

P.S where's 10.1? ;)

Look at first post, its 3 weeks old and not merged

Guest BadarChaudhry

Exactly. You can also Reboot to Recovery in certain ROM's, but the vol up + power button method is always available.

Thanks....i will do B952 back and save in sdcard. all the stuff i need for CM is done apart from clockworkmod recovery v6.0.2.1.

Do i have to install this or i can install CM10 without this options. plus what are benefits of clockworkmod recovery v6.0.2.1

Guest joandrade

Thanks....i will do B952 back and save in sdcard. all the stuff i need for CM is done apart from clockworkmod recovery v6.0.2.1.

http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-0912/

Do i have to install this or i can install CM10 without this options. plus what are benefits of clockworkmod recovery v6.0.2.1

You don't need to install that specific version of CWM to install CM10. However, if you read Daz's post you'll see that CWM6 is the only version where OTA (Over The Air) updates are guaranteed to work. You'll also find CWM6's benefits in the same post.

Turn on "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options looks like can fix the freezes problems .

I still have status bar crashes after enabling it, but it's definitely better. Thanks.

Edited by joandrade

Guest BadarChaudhry

You don't need to install that specific version of CWM to install CM10. However, if you read Daz's post you'll see that CWM6 is the only version where OTA (Over The Air) updates are guaranteed to work. You'll also find CWM6's benefits in the same post.

OTA sounds great for future CM updates. so first i should CWM v6 before installing CM10. lets do it that first.

btw there are 2 versions, one standard and one Touch hybrid. which one u recommend?

Edited by BadarChaudhry

Guest joandrade

OTA sounds great for future CM updates. so first i should CWM v6 before installing CM10. lets do it that first.

btw there are 2 versions, one standard and one Touch hybrid. which one u recommend?

I use the Touch. It takes a while getting used to, but it's awesome.

Guest krishang3

I am going to stick with this no matter what lol, I just love the feel I know apps fc and freeze when o.c and its only stable at 1190mhz but it works great... there are a few glitches here and there but nothing to big, I have edited some lines in the .prop to give me better scrolling in tapatalk... and more edits to save battery so now its working like a charm...

Guest Ludak021

Any of you guys, tried to chance dpi density in this rom? When i change it the rom stays at Huawei splash screen :/

yea, it pretty much bricks the phone half-way. Tried (almost) all available changers with either no effect or stuck in bootloader. Funny thing is that LCD density changer actaully works on HTC HD2 with CM10.

Guest joandrade

I been using this for a few hours. Can someone explain how I can get or use Google Now please??

Google Now is already installed, it replaces the voice search features on 4.1. Just tap the microphone button on your homescreen search bar.

I think automatic brightness isn't working well...when exposed to light it stays at 100% brightness and doesn't dim.

I found that toggling auto brightness on and off a few times and then leaving it on fixes this.

EDIT: What I did was: Turn off auto brightness, set brightness to maximum, and turn auto brightness back on.

Edited by joandrade

Guest shpibrazz

I found that toggling auto brightness on and off a few times and then leaving it on fixes this.

EDIT: What I did was: Turn off auto brightness, set brightness to maximum, and turn auto brightness back on.

And that just seems to fix it!

Thanks! :D

Guest blademaster123

I been using this for a few hours. Can someone explain how I can get or use Google Now please??

When you install CM10, reboot back into recovery and install jb apps in the first post then reboot after that go on google play store and search google search and then donwload or update it and your done :)

(if you cant find it look in your app drawer for google)

Edited by blademaster123

Guest BadarChaudhry

I use the Touch. It takes a while getting used to, but it's awesome.

Just installed CWM V6.0.2.1 and also backed up VF 952.

Now just confused about should i go for CM10 or wait for some bugs to be sorted.

thanks man for all the help.

Guest Ludak021

on the lock screen swipe up and select "google" in the lock menu. Or, if you use default JB launcher, swipe up from bottom of the phone screen and it will go to google now

I love it. Compared it to my wifes G300 which is still on factory ICS and this is much slicker and quicker at almost every function. Opening Apps, Setting, going back to home screen etc. I haven't downloaded the JB apps yet so I'll stick that on when I get home.

The only issue I've encountered so far was when I was using Handcent SMS with Swiftkey the text box didn't respond to the keyboard being opened so I couldn't see what I had typed unless the keyboard is hidden. Also, after typing a few words it freezes completely. I switched to the stock messenger and have had no probs.

The only issue I've encountered so far was when I was using Handcent SMS with Swiftkey the text box didn't respond to the keyboard being opened so I couldn't see what I had typed unless the keyboard is hidden. Also, after typing a few words it freezes completely. I switched to the stock messenger and have had no probs.

Have exactly the same problem with handcent eventually froze had to remove battery to reset, guess I will have to return to stock sms as well......... Edited by bryfly