[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Im loving this rom, but this more than anything is hurting me far too much.. How do i check the firmware version? Screen is set on auto (and working instead of beeing lit 100%), and haven't been using it all that much in the displayed timespan, maybe 15 sms.

post-1003349-13589905955924_thumb.jpg

Edited by kupp

After many re-flashes and boots still no camera app :(

Solved, had to flash R1 to get the cam app and then updated to R5 again (i was coming from CM9R5-»CM10R5)

Guest sssingletrack

I get a fairly quick 3g usage battery drop. Not sure its as bad as others have mentioned.

I did however have my data turned on all day yesterday and while its idle the battery is brilliant.

By firmware I assume you mean update path, I updated through voda UK to B936 then B952 then to global b952. All through the official updates.

So I'm on a HSDPA:9 firmware. I believe.

Edit: just realised my battery stats aren't working. I'm sure I saw a fix for that in the past few days of posts.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest lostboybinns

in my experience with cm on the g300, the first 60 percent of battery appears to drain 3 times as fast as the last 40 percent.

Cm has become my daily again. only problem is the screen freeze that causes the full page to be in the notification bar. happened twice. once with whatsapp and once with viber, both during the first login phase

Thanks Daz

Guest darthmaul88

People with 3G problems: what firmware version are you on?

I'm on 926 by update.app and I was previously on 936 by official OTA. I experienced 3g reboots on both not only on CM10 (up to R3) but also on Infusion and Stock+. I reflashed RIL which seemd to solve the problem but reapeared after few days.

Now I'm back on GB till it will be solved.

The CM releases currently use the native RIL bits from B952.

- where can i get update.app B952 or anothers?

- in info page on my device i have 2030.. so witch BXXX it is?

(running now on R3 - 3g restarts.. today going to R5.. or R7(what is R7 no patch notes :) ) )

thx

update:

B926 = 2030 in system?

so i need search on huawei website official update B952 ?

Edited by kosac

Guest psivision

Me too. I used the Vodafone official firmware only up until they updated to ICS and broke it .. then I moved to CM9 using full wipes and flash card installs... and then CM10 using full wipes and only recently updating releases OTA. This means I have the 2030 baseband .. as I would expect.

For me the problems were / are:

* PIn to unlock screen after reboot (incl battery pull) is squeezed into top of screen. This used ot happen and is back in the latest cm10 release r5. wasn't there with the previous release r4 or r3.

* browser crashes seem to be fixed. I have the browser crashing for many releases on fairly borning "news" pages .. no fancy html5/javascript apps. For me r5 seems to have solved this.

* call quality has eeb terrible - and distrortion, no volume vontrol and looud "static" seems to be a problem. Normal detective work suggests the problem is not at the other end . its here with this phone .. and it didn't occur wih the GB firmware.

* I never used to moan about battery ... but it is worse... I thought maybe a cheap phone has a battery that degrades after a few montsh but the battery graph usage shows steep drops in battery capacity which I've never seen before.. this may be r5 that does it? Not enough eveidence on my side to confirm it is 3G related ... certainly not an app that's doing it .. I haven't changed apps or usage through many many releases incl GB.

But again - excllent work to get such utility out of the g300 .. it's put me off getting a nexus 4!

Temple run seems to freeze on start, but temple run 2 hit the store today and it doesn't freeze or lag... even better expected graphics...

Do you have a link for Temple Run 2? I can't find it in the google play store unless it wont be available in the UK version of the store until later?

Sorry, ignore that. Just found it.

Edited by Guest

Temple run seems to freeze on start, but temple run 2 hit the store today and it doesn't freeze or lag... even better expected graphics...

Yep, Temple Run 2 runs without crashing or freezing on my phone! CM10R5

Guest Andymac1969

Is this right? both phones on EE, G300 no signal, Lumia on 3G sat next to each other on the same desk, I flashed the B926 RIL last night to see if that would help, but overnight the G300 never lost signal once

Andrew

post-407498-0-91107800-1359026841_thumb.

post-407498-0-87724200-1359026867_thumb.

post-407498-0-74839700-1359026887_thumb.

post-407498-0-76318500-1359026904_thumb.

post-407498-0-48194900-1359026926_thumb.

post-407498-0-01433100-1359026943_thumb.

post-407498-0-47799700-1359026969_thumb.

Guest psivision

@andymac - did you flash ril926 over the CM10r5? I am also seeing worse signal performance compared to what I remember with GB.

Perhaps it is just reported differently ... just because it says "zero loss" doens't mean necesaril it is .... just because you see 3 bars doesn't mean it is the same reception as another phone's 3 bars ...

Guest bladebuddy

Do you have a link for Temple Run 2? I can't find it in the google play store unless it wont be available in the UK version of the store until later?

Sorry, ignore that. Just found it.

Search play store from the main browser or p.c, for reason it doesn't show on Google play app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imangi.templerun2

Guest Andymac1969

@andymac - did you flash ril926 over the CM10r5? I am also seeing worse signal performance compared to what I remember with GB.

Perhaps it is just reported differently ... just because it says "zero loss" doens't mean necesaril it is .... just because you see 3 bars doesn't mean it is the same reception as another phone's 3 bars ...

Yes, I did the B926 over CM10 R5, but the signal is shocking, I don't know weather it's the phone in general or this ROM, but as a 'Phone' it is very poor :(

Hotspot Wi-Fi working properly now.

For the first time with the CM10 R6 I had two system reboots during calls, with Wi-Fi active.

Battery consumption seems higher in R5 compared to R4 and R3.

Edited by Gippox

Hotspot Wi-Fi working properly now.

For the first time with the CM10 R6 I had two system reboots during calls, with Wi-Fi active.

Battery consumption seems higher in R6 compared to R5 and R4.

Humm, maybe you have isntalled CM9 instead of CM10? :D

CM10 is only at R5... CM9 is in R7...

Guest intensedarkness

Mobile data ('3G') reboots:

Those of us having such reboots, let me put something out there: these aren't 'random' for me, they occur in roughly the same geographical location and under relatively similar conditions. This may not be the case for everyone. Notwithstanding I will try to describe the conditions in which the reboots occur, see what you all make of the following:

It seems far more likely to happen when there is flickering mobile data connectivity, under similar conditions each time. Even more likely if there is an app running which is frequently and intermittently using background data. An example is on the trains/tube, where both GSM and 3G/HSPA connectivity flickers on and off as the trains quickly move between the range radius of various GSM/3G/HSPA masts. The reception indicator in the stutus bar flickers between blue and grey, while the 'H' remains visible, indicating changes in internet connectivity. The 'H' occasionally disappears briefly and returns as expected when GSM connectivity is established.

Similar things can be observed when in a populous area with tall buildings and I suspect fairly dense distribution of GSM/3G/HSDPA masts. "How can this cause reboots?" I hear you ask. Well as we all know the nature of the technology in question means that the phone is constantly searching for better signal, when it finds it, it locks on to the mast emitting that signal, until there is a stronger signal elsewhere. This should be a seamless experience to the user, which is why we normally expect that calls don't cut off as we walk down the street on the phone. But in central London areas (or any heavily built-up areas) where there are tall buildings and swarms of people, I frequently see my G300 go from 2 bars of reception with H, to no reception for 2-3 secs, and then up to 5 bars of reception with 3G. I suspect due to a change of phone mast. If this happens frequently enough, even when in the same location, the phone reboots.

Now I'm no dev, but by my reckoning the reboots are hard reboots, caused by a Kernel or Radio level unhandled exception, triggered by enough 3G/HSPA connectivity changes. This may explain why some people are not having issues - you're not under the conditions similar to described above frequently enough. I get the mobile data reboot about once every 4 working days, which means in/around one in every 8 train/tube journeys, assuming no meetings across town. Random reboots don't happen at home; suburban area with 4-5 bars of HSPA connectivity all the time. I suspect I'm near just one mast with a fairly large coverage radius, so minimal if any mobile data connectivity changes.

I highly doubt mobile data reboots are dependent on network provider, as I'm on the same network as people who have never had such reboots. I also doubt it's the age of the SIM card - those with newer sims <1 year old are also having the same issues.

Let me make it clear that what I have posted here, it's entirely based on my experience and observations.

Might be competely wrong and other people's experiences might contradict my own - always willing to learn. But either way:

Let the trolling begin :lol:

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest Higgy69

On the 'Infusion Rom' thread someone or a couple of people talked about certain locations causing the reboots. I think someone mentioned power lines caused a reboot (not touching them :P , but passing under/nearby).

From a recomendation (thanks to however it was) I use 'SIM Locked Notifier by Gianni Costanzi. That way if your phone reboots and you use 'sim lock' you can have the phone bleep to warn you.

Humm, maybe you have isntalled CM9 instead of CM10? :D

CM10 is only at R5... CM9 is in R7...

I made a mistake, i meant R5 of course, sorry :P

Edited by Gippox