[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest dakok

After looking some overview video's of MIUI i am really falling in love with it. I guess this probably will never get ported to the Jiayu G4 or MT6589 in general...

So i am really thinking about buying the Xiaomi M2S i know its expensive but its beter then the samsung S4 and its still mutch cheaper then any good phone you can buy here €356.74 (£301.68, $467.00) i dont think i will be sad that im stuck with that rom it looks amazing. And with that CPU + 13mp camera i bet it will take great pictures.

Be careful and google for xiaomi fakes, since xiaomi is known for being copied

:)

Edited by dakok

Guest Rico_89

After looking some overview video's of MIUI i am really falling in love with it. I guess this probably will never get ported to the Jiayu G4 or MT6589 in general...

So i am really thinking about buying the Xiaomi M2S i know its expensive but its beter then the samsung S4 and its still mutch cheaper then any good phone you can buy here €356.74 (£301.68, $467.00) i dont think i will be sad that im stuck with that rom it looks amazing. And with that CPU + 13mp camera i bet it will take great pictures.

£300 for a 4.3" screen. A Nexus has got to be better than that. High specs that are just used to give a lag free homescreen experience won't compensate you for a phone that doesn't integrate the rom with its hardware, like LG, Samsungs,HTC ect, to give you some really cool features.

Ok back to this issue of returns; On Merimobile I saw that in the "Contact Us" section is where you would ask for an RMA to get a refund or Repair / Replacement. So I figured I'd see how responsive it was, and if there was someone on the other end of that system, so I sent a question to the "Presales" department regarding their Warranty Policy and about sixteen hours later they replied, which is pretty good IMO.

This makes me feel a whole lot better, I don't know if they would be as efficient issuing an RMA, but it seems pretty good.

Has anyone had to return an item to China?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Wacky.ddw

have you not tried MIUI on your Skate yet ?

GB http://www.modaco.co...72-android-237/

ICS http://www.modaco.co...m-updated-2102/

I am now on MIUI JB its really great best rom i've ever used i am suprised i didnt notice it before. The ICS or JB version will probably be better but i dont find android 4+ very stable/fast on the skate. I also downloaded Mihome so the lockscreen looks like MIUI 5 its weird that you cant download themes in mtz format on that rom normally it should work on MIUI 4.

Now I am a 100% sure that i am going to buy a xiaomi if i get tired of MIUI i can allways put stock JB on it now the only question remains:

Do i buy the M2A 2.7 dualcore with 1gb ram 16gb rom and 8mp camera for €250.

Or the M2S with a 2.7 with 2gb quadcore 32gb rom 13mp camera for €340.

I have to make up my mind before tommorow then my friend is going to pay it with hes paypall.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest arranhs

I am now on MIUI JB its really great best rom i've ever used i am suprised i didnt notice it before. The ICS or JB version will probably be better but i dont find android 4+ very stable/fast on the skate. I also downloaded Mihome so the lockscreen looks like MIUI 5 its weird that you cant download themes in mtz format on that rom normally it should work on MIUI 4.

Now I am a 100% sure that i am going to buy a xiaomi if i get tired of MIUI i can allways put stock JB on it now the only question remains:

Do i buy the M2A 2.7 dualcore with 1gb ram 16gb rom and 8mp camera for €250.

Or the M2S with a 2.7 with 2gb quadcore 32gb rom 13mp camera for €340.

I have to make up my mind before tommorow then my friend is going to pay it with hes paypall.

Or wait for the Mi3 for €252 released on August 16th. See here!!!

Guest Wacky.ddw

Waiting is not an option lol i want a new phone and fast. Andi from gizchina says it will take till september for it to be available internationaly.

And i dont want a clone because i want miui :)

Guest deuse

Well I'm loving my iNew i2000 quad\dual sim phone. And as for MIUI for the MTK6589 the guy who did mobiledoctor for MTK6589 has done it.

Guest tillaz

And as for MIUI for the MTK6589 the guy who did mobiledoctor for MTK6589 has done it.

got a link?

also, as of speaking its not possible to port it for phone's that ship with android 4.2+ (most MTK6589)

as the latest MIUI (V5) is based on android 4.1...

same reason we can't port it to the nexus 4 yet, need to wait for a 4.2 based version of MIUI :(

Guest Wacky.ddw

got a link?

also, as of speaking its not possible to port it for phone's that ship with android 4.2+ (most MTK6589)

as the latest MIUI (V5) is based on android 4.1...

same reason we can't port it to the nexus 4 yet, need to wait for a 4.2 based version of MIUI :(

Isnt android downgradeble then? There will probably be a 4.2 MIUI right?

Mentoo replyed that they have the Xiaomi in stock and that i can just cancel my old order. Now i hope that it will be a very long time before we see the Jiayu G4 advanced :P The longer it takes the happyer i will be with the coise i made. I used a coupon so thats €320 i payed in total wich isnt mutch for the power you get. To bad it doenst have a bigger screen and SD card slot but hey you cant have it all :P

What i dont understand is that it has clockworkmod recovery why would you need it if you cant flash ROMS :S Also is it on the official site because that would be weird right dont you spoil your warantie flashing CMW and rooting? LINK

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest tillaz

Isnt android downgradeble then? There will probably be a 4.2 MIUI right?

i'v never seen it done without the phone originally having the version your downgrading to

have no idea about a 4.2 based MIUI, they could just wait for the next version of android around late October

What i dont understand is that it has clockworkmod recovery why would you need it if you cant flash ROMS :S Also is it on the official site because that would be weird right dont you spoil your warantie flashing CMW and rooting? LINK

you can still flash ROMs, what they might be i have no idea... maybe custom MIUI based ROMs or CyanogenMod ports

also nandroid backups are still handy, as welll as other flashable mods

Guest sedj

I would buy that, but it will be at least £200. Its not bargain segment so will have a niche market and no development due to this, dream phones for dreamers :)

Quality phones like s3,s4,htc one and the like will get the attention, this wont its just cheap chinese turd that has no brand recognition, if a uk network offers it then it has a chance.

Just noted you say it will be sold in the uk, who is pushing it?

Edited by sedj

Guest PCTechRoss

I would buy that, but it will be at least £200. Its not bargain segment so will have a niche market and no development due to this, dream phones for dreamers :)

Quality phones like s3,s4,htc one and the like will get the attention, this wont its just cheap chinese turd that has no brand recognition, if a uk network offers it then it has a chance.

Just noted you say it will be sold in the uk, who is pushing it?

''the device is known other than rumors saying it could measure in at 6.2mm thick, and carries a 4.7-inch 720p display. The device looks to be officially announced at a June 18th event in London, and we’ll be on the lookout.''

Taken from Phandroid

Guest george109

What do people think of this:

STAR N9770 - 5.08 inch MTK6577 1.2GHz dual core CPU android 4.0.4 ICE CREAM SANDWICH 3G smartphone dual sim 8MP camera WIFI GPS, new google play store and flash player supported, with flip case (black, white)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008MKGNF6/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_gb?ie=UTF8

I know it costs more than a China phone that's a lots better, but as it's from Amazon there are no risks!

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

Star is very bad, they use cheap materials, and overall the end product is low par. No gorilla glass, no metal, cheap sensors, poor manufacturing methods :(

Guest george109
Star is very bad, they use cheap materials, and overall the end product is low par. No gorilla glass, no metal, cheap sensors, poor manufacturing methods :(

Oh, is just me or do companies called things like "Amazing" or "Star" are always terrible and usually are the complete opposite! :P

Thanks for warning me though :)

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

Oh, is just me or do companies called things like "Amazing" or "Star" are always terrible and usually are the complete opposite! :P

Thanks for warning me though :)

No problemo, I would only go with companies actually mentioned by Andi of Gizchina as he himself lives in China, so he knows what he's talking about. He never really buys or even makes articles about Star phones, so that indicates that Star probably isn't good nor trustworthy.

Guest blaster99999

Well my vowey v5 should be posted on 27th , looks quality biggest screen I've ever had on a phone, need gel case and screen protectors

Guest bryfly

Well my vowey v5 should be posted on 27th , looks quality biggest screen I've ever had on a phone, need gel case and screen protectors

Looks like a few people maybe getting this phone which is good, mine was posted 5 days ago, if only the tracking number would work I might be able to see where it is ..... <_<

Guest jordanclarke69

Getting V5.

OFF TOPIC: does anyone know what happened to dazzozo? i can't find his threads anywhere..... wanted to see if there are updates to his CM builds, as on AOKP and finding it quite good so want to compare (and then i'll compare with stock ics).

sorry to go off topic in an off topic thread!

Guest bryfly

Getting V5.

OFF TOPIC: does anyone know what happened to dazzozo? i can't find his threads anywhere..... wanted to see if there are updates to his CM builds, as on AOKP and finding it quite good so want to compare (and then i'll compare with stock ics).

sorry to go off topic in an off topic thread!

Think you need to go here http://www.modaco.com/forum/737-huawei-ascend-g300-development/ he was online a minute ago