[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Please re-vote on the poll if you voted before 30/10/2013. It's likely your vote has been shifted to another phone on accident. If you have any suggestions on things to add to the first page, just ask me and i'll do my best.

Not good. :(

It requests three votes (poll is separated in 3 groups)

and old votes are transfered to amoi n828 mostly

Yeah its stupid, but there's not much I can do as you can only have 20 per question. If you'd like to narrow your list down to 20 or under, that would be helpful.

Sorry, I can`t. 

I love those chinese phones like my own children.  :wub:

I can`t dismiss any one of them.

It would be too much for me...  :(

Not really  :D

Change the Poll headline to "which phone would you like to see dismissed from the Poll?"

Then we will decide as we should.

Democracy rules!

Sorry, I`m just being bored, a bit :)

Guest george109

Please re-vote on the poll if you voted before 30/10/2013. It's likely your vote has been shifted to another phone on accident. If you have any suggestions on things to add to the first page, just ask me and i'll do my best.

You can reset the poll by going manage topic poll, deleting the poll, or if that options not there, delete every question and then click OK and save your edited post. Then edit and mange topic poll again. Add questions and save. This should reset it.

You can reset the poll by going manage topic poll, deleting the poll, or if that options not there, delete every question and then click OK and save your edited post. Then edit and mange topic poll again. Add questions and save. This should reset it.

Aww, it took me ages to write them all lol.

Sorry, I can`t.

I love those chinese phones like my own children. :wub:

I can`t dismiss any one of them.

It would be too much for me... :(

Not really :D

Change the Poll headline to "which phone would you like to see dismissed from the Poll?"

Then we will decide as we should.

Democracy rules!

Sorry, I`m just being bored, a bit :)

I think that would get a bit confusing, and anyway there wouldn't be enough space for it. I used all three questions.

bit confusing but looks like most of the votes are with the Huawei G525 @ 38....
surprising :blink:  out of all of them i like the MI3 best as its actually in another league to the rest spec wise...

to get around the 3 vote thing you could put them into price category's, (might take to long though)
as some people might not be pricking others based on there price.

rather than picking the best phone like asked, they might be picking the best phone in there price range,
so this way people would see what the preferd phone is depending to there budget.

budget = £50 - £100
mid range = £100 - 150
high end = £150 +

just an idea  :ph34r:

bit confusing but looks like most of the votes are with the Huawei G525 @ 38....
surprising :blink:  out of all of them i like the MI3 best as its actually in another league to the rest spec wise...

to get around the 3 vote thing you could put them into price category's, (might take to long though)
as some people might not be pricking others based on there price.

rather than picking the best phone like asked, they might be picking the best phone in there price range,
so this way people would see what the preferd phone is depending to there budget.

budget = £50 - £100
mid range = £100 - 150
high end = £150 +

just an idea  :ph34r:

That's actually not a bad idea. I'd need someone to send me all the prices of the phones Dakok listed though.

Guest george109

Aww, it took me ages to write them all lol.

I guess that you could open the page in chrome twice, in 2 tabs, snap one to each side, and then work in one and leave the other for reference.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'd need someone to send me all the prices of the phones Dakok listed though.

You could do that as another question...

I guess that you could open the page in chrome twice, in 2 tabs, snap one to each side, and then work in one and leave the other for reference. You could do that as another question...

I have a dual monitor setup so I can use those instead :)

I dont want so many questions :P + I used all three spaces.

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109

I have a diaper monitor setup so I can use those instead :)

:huh: I have never heard of a diaper monitor setup! :D

I dont want so many questions :P + I used all three spaces.

Can you only use three questions? I never knew that...

EDIT: Oh, dual! :P

Is it me, or is the forum app being really rubbish recently? It doesn't refresh properly any more! (Unless I do it twice! :( )

Edited by george109

:huh: I have never heard of a diaper monitor setup! :D

Can you only use three questions? I never knew that...

EDIT: Oh, dual! :P

Is it me, or is the forum app being really rubbish recently? It doesn't refresh properly any more! (Unless I do it twice! :( )

lol, Dual not diaper :lol:

No, its not just you. Tapatalk is really unreliable, it doesn't always let me modify posts etc.

Guest george109

No, its not just you. Tapatalk is really unreliable, it doesn't always let me modify posts etc.

Ok. I am glad to know that I am not the only one :)

However, this problem is so annoying! I have reinstalled, cleared data, wiped the cache, even changed ROMs! It does this for every topic, and every page: 

post-1000829-0-07878000-1383157656_thumb

It creates three blank posts, that you can't interact with or do anything with!

However on my PC, you can see that there are no blank posts! 

post-1000829-0-38102900-1383157939_thumb

(Sorry about my clumsy paint editing! :P)

Edited by george109

Ok. I am glad to know that I am not the only one :)

However, this problem is so annoying! I have reinstalled, cleared data, wiped the cache, even changed ROMs! It does this for every topic, and every page: 

attachicon.gifscreenshot-20131030-062323pm.png

It creates three blank posts, that you can't interact with or do anything with!

However on my PC, you can see that there are no blank posts! 

attachicon.gifPC Problem.png

(Sorry about my clumsy paint editing! :P)

The newer Tapatalk doesn't have these issues, but you'll need to update to 4.0 or above unfortunately.

Guest george109

The newer Tapatalk doesn't have these issues, but you'll need to update to 4.0 or above unfortunately.

I hate it when apps do not support GB, it is the only version that runs apps smoothly on the G300!  :angry:

Edited by george109

I hate it when apps do not support GB, it is the only version that runs apps smoothly on the G300!  :angry:

I agree, but we'll just have to deal with it  :unsure:

Guest george109

I agree, but we'll just have to deal with it  :unsure:

I know  :(  

But then again, you could just compile loads of shiny new apps for the dull and old Gingerbread with your new PC! :P

Edited by george109

I know  :(  

But then again, you could just compile loads of shiny new apps for the dull and old Gingerbread with your new PC! :P

Hehe, funny joke ;)

Guest george109

Hehe, funny joke ;)

;) 

BTW, I have found a problem with the poll - I have to answer all three questions, so I have to choose three phones! I can't decide!  :wacko:

;) 

BTW, I have found a problem with the poll - I have to answer all three questions, so I have to choose three phones! I can't decide!  :wacko:

Yeah, that was mentioned before. Tillaz said I should divide them into price points, but I'm certain one sector would be greater than 20 so it might not be an option. I just need someone to send me all the prices to confirm it.

Guest george109

Yeah, that was mentioned before. Tillaz said I should divide them into price points, but I'm certain one sector would be greater than 20 so it might not be an option. I just need someone to send me all the prices to confirm it.

I think I have solved the problem - I have made a quick Surveymonkey survey for you at: [deleted]

(If you don't like it, I won't mind, it only took me about 2 minutes! :P)

EDIT: Survey done!

Edited by george109

Had my Tronsmart TS7 (Cubot One) delivered this afternoon. 

Picked up in Hong Kong 1509 Monday

Delivered Belfast 1352 today (Wednesday)

Not bad I reckon and worth 17USD for delivery (DHL)

Let the playing commence.

Guest Maringer

Oh! If I was going to get one, that would put me right off! Shame, as I always thought it was quite a good phone :( Especially as it had NFC...

NFC seems to work OK - I bought some tags to try out and the screen needs to be unlocked for them to be recognised. Only thing is, it led me to realise that I don't really have any use for NFC tags, cool though the technology may be!

The build of the phone is very solid. Performance not brilliant but usable(possibly partially due to the slightly buggy ROM and partially due to the relatively low-performance quad Cortex-A5 chip). A 'new' ROM dated about a month ago has just been unearthed - customer support gave it to a user on the FAEA forum who was struggling with wifi. No chance to try it out in the immediate future myself but I'll be reading the FAEA forum with interest to see if it resolves some of the problems I'm encountering. Still a 4.1.2 ROM, no sign of 4.2 as yet.

Guest george109

NFC seems to work OK - I bought some tags to try out and the screen needs to be unlocked for them to be recognised. Only thing is, it led me to realise that I don't really have any use for NFC tags, cool though the technology may be!

The build of the phone is very solid. Performance not brilliant but usable(possibly partially due to the slightly buggy ROM and partially due to the relatively low-performance quad Cortex-A5 chip). A 'new' ROM dated about a month ago has just been unearthed - customer support gave it to a user on the FAEA forum who was struggling with wifi. No chance to try it out in the immediate future myself but I'll be reading the FAEA forum with interest to see if it resolves some of the problems I'm encountering. Still a 4.1.2 ROM, no sign of 4.2 as yet.

What is an NFC tag? What do they do? I have read on the internet, but they can only store like 42 characters...